It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The No-Kids-Allowed Movement is Spreading

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

And neither does someone telling you you hate children or any other implied accusation.

Tit for tat!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
As i agree with most statements in this thread, if your going to ban children from all these places you should also ban cellphones at the same places, someone here said" i shouldn't be subject to a screaming child while enjoying the world" well i shouldn't be subject to a goddam retard smacking away at his cellphone just because he thinks recounting the fact that his dog chewing up the couch is more important then my peace and quiet while im on a date. I read an article that said " The government will be taking away our freedoms and the people will embrace it with open arms" and right here that's what your doing , your justifying to your self's it's ok to ban children from places there normally aloud to go, this is awful.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Morningglory

LOL yet another good reason to breastfeed. My babies would spit out the pacifier and continue to wail but you stick that booby in their face and hungry or not they'll give it a go and usually fall off to sleep. Works for the hubby too!

GOOD for you! I would not be surprised if a lot of the screaming from babies is caused by the blasted corporate crap fed instead of breast milk!

I learned the hard way that powdered milk replacer is a KILLER! No I am not joking.

My kids now adays have four feet and the corporate cartel's powdered formula killed 95% of them within 72 hours of birth.

The problem started occurring when I switched to commercial milk replacer. (Milking with Arthritis is painful so I switched.

In desperation I did research on the internet and it shows the problem is caused by Enterotoxemia from milk replacers.

I went back to using REAL milk, goat or sheep if I have it in the freezer, store bought cows in a pinch. I have not had any of my bottle baby lambs or kids die since!

I mention this because it is probably the same basic stuff that is in human baby formula with a slight change. I am talking Land-O-Lakes and Purina so it was not "Cheap"

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

I have kids and even I agree kids under a certain age should'nt fly in first class; in fact they should have a family section at the end of economy class.

Passengers pay alot of money for first class....not to listen to screaming kids.

The same applies for cafes and restaurants; far too many parents don't seem to have control over their young children running around screaming, running on to the road and drawing all over tables and chairs with crayons. I myself never took my kids out to any cafes or restaurants until they turned 8.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Who said they were running around? They were kids talking at a kids movie. Go to the 12 pm showing if you don't want kids. To think you deserve peace and quiet during a kids movie is absolutely absurd. Then go to an NC17 rating if you don't like it.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allreadyaslave
As i agree with most statements in this thread, if your going to ban children from all these places you should also ban cellphones at the same places, someone here said" i shouldn't be subject to a screaming child while enjoying the world" well i shouldn't be subject to a goddam retard smacking away at his cellphone just because he thinks recounting the fact that his dog chewing up the couch is more important then my peace and quiet while im on a date. I read an article that said " The government will be taking away our freedoms and the people will embrace it with open arms" and right here that's what your doing , your justifying to your self's it's ok to ban children from places there normally aloud to go, this is awful.

This isnt a case of the government taking away our freedoms as it is PRIVATE businesses who are making these rules. Kids have no right to be anywhere in a PRIVATE business where the owner does not want them to be.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Why should I have to choose a later movie because a parent can not teach there child how to act in a public place.it also goes with cell phone use. There is a time and place for everything and when I am paying for a movie/meal a misbehaving child or a loud person on there phone is the last thing that I want to hear.Take your child to an early movie/meal.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Sorry, but if I choose to pay $10 to see a movie, then I expect to see the movie. Just because you can't control your kids doesn't mean my PAID for entertainment should be anything less due to your disruptive rug rats! As a parent, i would NEVER let my children behave like that! When they were small, if they did not behave, I took them out of the establishment and dealt with it. When they came back in they behaved. Why should anyone have to "deal" with unruly children just because the parents are incompetent, ignorant asses!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

if it's true that the baby i saw is affected by the hostility in our patiently waiting to speak to eachother, then I apologise profusely. i think the kid had bigger fish to fry (like a stressed out mother who was having a hard time enjoying her own wine). but it's nice to know there's people out there who will pretend that screaming next to your ear is normal. it might come in handy when i grow old and insane

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

The whole thing is a matter of common courtesy and MANNERS.

To put it bluntly YOUR rights stop at the tip of MY nose!

If your child can not behave then you do not take them in public! That was the way I was raised. If my sibs or I threw a fuss we were either disciplined are removed.

We were NEVER EVER allowed to annoy others.

I and Hubby were stationed in Europe. I understand but do not speak French and German.

The Europeans were horrified by the ill manners of American children and their parents. I was very much ASHAMED of my countrymen.

Bad manners are not a RIGHT just because you are under the age of 18.

Worse the whole "Coddle the kid" crap has made them unfit for the labor force. As a manager I finally started refusing to even bother interviewing anyone under the age of 35 because of the selfish attitude instilled by bad parenting!

Several of the others who have commented are businessmen. Do you think they want to hire your grown up BRAT???
edit on 28-7-2011 by crimvelvet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
A couple weeks ago, I went out for a steak (it was yummy). About half way through my meal, a child at the booth right behind me started screaming. The parents just went on eating, ignoring the noise (I think many parents develop the ability to tune out the screaming of their own kids). This continued for the remainder of my meal. I finished up, wiped my mouth with my napkin, turned around and proceeded to do my best impression of their child as loud as I could. After only two or three minutes of this, several things happened-

The parents looked suitably chagrined.
The child shut up, looking at me like I had two heads.
The manager insisted that I leave immediately, lest he call the cops (the kid was not threatened with police)
I left to a round of applause from several other patrons.
Most importantly....I didn't have to pay for the meal!!! (I did leave a nice tip for the server. It wasn't her fault)

I don't necessarily recommend this for everybody, but it worked out pretty well for me.

Just something to keep in mind.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
A couple weeks ago, I went out for a steak (it was yummy). About half way through my meal, a child at the booth right behind me started screaming. The parents just went on eating, ignoring the noise (I think many parents develop the ability to tune out the screaming of their own kids). This continued for the remainder of my meal. I finished up, wiped my mouth with my napkin, turned around and proceeded to do my best impression of their child as loud as I could. After only two or three minutes of this, several things happened-

The parents looked suitably chagrined.
The child shut up, looking at me like I had two heads.
The manager insisted that I leave immediately, lest he call the cops (the kid was not threatened with police)
I left to a round of applause from several other patrons.
Most importantly....I didn't have to pay for the meal!!! (I did leave a nice tip for the server. It wasn't her fault)

I don't necessarily recommend this for everybody, but it worked out pretty well for me.

Just something to keep in mind.

That makes a good story but it breaks my heart.

That poor child must have been so embarrassed to be mocked so publicly. I have been in the exact same situation (I am tolerant but it was over the 20 minute mark) and went over to the table and said to the child "my family and I are having dinner right beside you and we are very sad because we cannot enjoy ourselves because you are making so much noise. Do you think you can save all that screaming until you get home?"

The child simply said "okay:, the parents were embarassed as they should be but the child was not, the problem got solved and I did not have to make a fool of myself and have the police called when they should be attending to more important matters.

We all need to remember children are people and deserve to be treated with respect. They should not be demeaned and humiliated.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Actually, this trend is a good thing. Parents will then learn how to feed and take care of their YOUNG children at home. It places less stress on parents who cannot spank/silence their children in public. When the children are grown up enough and well behaved/discipline, only then will they be allowed to public places.
edit on 2011-7-28 by pikypiky because: To correct for "proper" grammar and spelling.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by minettejo
That poor child must have been so embarrassed to be mocked so publicly. I have been in the exact same situation (I am tolerant but it was over the 20 minute mark) and went over to the table and said to the child "my family and I are having dinner right beside you and we are very sad because we cannot enjoy ourselves because you are making so much noise. Do you think you can save all that screaming until you get home?"

That's all well and good, but this particular child was less than 2. He could barely talk, let alone hold a rational conversation or understand what I'd have been saying. I doubt he's even aware enough to be embarrassed.

Besides, your method gets you no free meal, and is a lot less fun.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by minettejo

Actually, respect is not a right. It is earned. Maybe you remember the saying do unto others? No child is on my level. If they act respectful, they get respect in return. If they act like an idiot, well then game on. When my kids friends come over, they know the rules. They can abide by them or be invited to leave. It's that simple. When I owned my restaurant I had no problem telling parents to either control their children, or leave. But I also had a special room for kids to play in that was away from the rest of the guests. Any unruly kids were made to leave the room, and in some cases the restaurant.

I bet you people who are defending the behavior also demanded no smoking in public as well. I view unruly children the same. It is offensive and I should not have to endure it. And before you bark, it is the same thing. It causes stress which can, under the right circumstances, cause stroke or heart attack. Spare me the spock rhetoric and act like you have some parenting skills. Either keep them at home, or keep them under control. it's quite simple.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by subject x

Originally posted by minettejo

That's all well and good, but this particular child was less than 2. He could barely talk, let alone hold a rational conversation or understand what I'd have been saying. I doubt he's even aware enough to be embarrassed.

Besides, your method gets you no free meal, and is a lot less fun.

A two year old understands cruelty. You just taught him that, plus to scream his head off if he doesnt get his way. Not to mention the cost to the city for an unnecessary police call. Nice Job. Glad you got a free meal and an ego stroke out of it

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Screamers need a good STFU slap in the face.

It's a sting they don't forget.

And it works.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

The problem isn't whining adults.

The problem is that society has forgotten that adults are in charge.

Society panders to children.

So much so that children think they are in charge.

Once we take our country back from a class of people to whom it never should have been given we'll be fine.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik

Actually, respect is not a right. It is earned. Maybe you remember the saying do unto others? No child is on my level. If they act respectful, they get respect in return. If they act like an idiot, well then game on. When my kids friends come over, they know the rules. They can abide by them or be invited to leave. It's that simple. When I owned my restaurant I had no problem telling parents to either control their children, or leave. But I also had a special room for kids to play in that was away from the rest of the guests. Any unruly kids were made to leave the room, and in some cases the restaurant.

I bet you people who are defending the behavior also demanded no smoking in public as well. I view unruly children the same. It is offensive and I should not have to endure it. And before you bark, it is the same thing. It causes stress which can, under the right circumstances, cause stroke or heart attack. Spare me the spock rhetoric and act like you have some parenting skills. Either keep them at home, or keep them under control. it's quite simple.

I was not defending the child's behavior, but in no way can the adult's behaviour here be condoned. And children who are treated with respect are more respectful of others.

And are you kidding with the whole "do unto others stuff". Children do not have the coping mechanisms and skills that adults have, so your "game on" attitude is quite inappropriate.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join