It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The No-Kids-Allowed Movement is Spreading

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I worked in an upscale restaurant and the majority of kids were great. Sorry but screaming kids can ruin a very expensive evening. It's an imposition and just plain rude. We had a side dining room where nannies and children could eat without bothering anyone. If parents of screaming children ignored this option we had no problem suggesting they use it or have their food packed to go. With everyone glaring at them they usually complied.

If you look at most screaming kids the parents are the only ones not paying attention to them. If you don't want to bother raising your kids to be human please don't impose them on the rest of us. Children's misbehavior is escalating beyond the point of simple annoyance, they're getting dangerous...my nephew will hurt you. I told our kids school and learning good behavior is kid's training for adulthood and work. We never spanked they listened and learned well.

edit on 7-28-2011 by Morningglory because: oops reply wasn't meant for doctornamtab

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
I laugh at the ignorance of those who say the parents should discipline them.

The article was about babies on planes. Guess what babies cry, its there way of saying something is wrong. Kind of like the way you guys moan and complain everytime your life gets uncomfortable.

You going to slap a baby upside the head (an actual suggestion in this thread) when he/she starts crying? No, you are not, you're just talking out your rear ends.

You keyboard commandos make me laugh.

stick a tieat in it's mouth.

we ain't talking bout that.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

Very very well put, mate !
I still remember the time when just a look from parents, I know for sure what I am going to receive when we get home
Back in the day, parents train you to become a respectable and responsible man, but nowadays, well it's going down-hill ...... it sadden me to see stupid spoiled retard angry kids everywhere and parents just can;t do nothing about it.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

....Kudos to those who are tired of unruly spoiled brats! Now if we could only do the same for their parents! I know, each establishment should have a sign that states:

"Unruly children will not be not tolerated. Should your child disrupt patrons at this establishment, you will be charged a public nuisance fee of $50!"

You forgot to add the public nuisance fee of $50! is payable upon entering the establishment and will be applied to the bill if there are no disruptions.

I do Children's Entertainment.

Safety is ALWAYS on my mind. ALWAYS

An undisciplined child is an unsafe child. PERIOD!

Unfortunately when you have to haul someone's "Little Darling" out of the way of danger your thank you is usually getting screamed at by the idiotic parent.

For those defending the do not spank/discipline position, it is obvious you have not had to deal with bleeding or hurt kids from the results of your position I HAVE!

I have had to deal with being scared out of five years of my life at the close calls I have seen while the blasted parents are completely oblivious.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
stick a tieat in it's mouth.

LOL yet another good reason to breastfeed. My babies would spit out the pacifier and continue to wail but you stick that booby in their face and hungry or not they'll give it a go and usually fall off to sleep. Works for the hubby too!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

You do realize that kids like super heros right? So your complaingin because a kid was talking during a kids movie?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

Wait, what? Adults become friends with their parents after 18?

I think there needs to be a no-adults-allowed movement.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Yes, once again it's called respect. Kids movie or not, if they don't know how to behave, then they shouldn't be there. If you want them to run wild, take them to Chucky Cheeses!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
I laugh at the ignorance of those who say the parents should discipline them.

The article was about babies on planes. Guess what babies cry, its there way of saying something is wrong. Kind of like the way you guys moan and complain everytime your life gets uncomfortable.

You going to slap a baby upside the head (an actual suggestion in this thread) when he/she starts crying? No, you are not, you're just talking out your rear ends.

You keyboard commandos make me laugh.

Go to Amish country some time. Their children are taught AS BABIES not to cry. I have seen them discipline babies under a year for crying.

No it was not "Abuse" it was discipline with lots of cuddling afterwards.

Do you think that primitive tribes did not teach their children to shut up on command as soon as possible??? Silence is a survival trait when dealing with rival tribes/slavers.

Also what the heck are parents doing putting a small baby on a plane in the first place????

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
How dare you have normal emotions baby. Stop that at once. Deny your emotions - they disturb me.

Yep....much better model.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
A culture where adults think that their lack of control over their emotions should be rectified by hitting children.

The adults don't realize that they are more spoiled than any child.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the no kids allowed movement.

Why should I be subjected to your kids whining, screaming and moaning when I"m trying to enjoy the world. Heres a clue for all you parents out there: Your kid is not special. There I said it.

Um okay, these screaming kids are part of the world..... so your complaint here is as bad as the san fransiko trying to ban people from owning dogs because of dog poop.

And you are not special either so gives a (blank) what you think?
LoL see the argument works both ways

Have a nice day.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Done with this thread. It's apparent from some of the ignorant posts here that people just like to provoke and call names rather than discuss anything. Pathetic.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
Done with this thread. It's apparent from some of the ignorant posts here that people just like to provoke and call names rather than discuss anything. Pathetic.

People don't just submit to the culture of hating children like you have. I can see why you find that uncomfortable.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Every year I have a summer party at my house with a live band and about 100 guests. I basically prepare and cook pretty much every kind of appetizer, food item and dessert that you could imagine. My sister in law walks in and immediately says to me: "Hey do you have peanut butter and jelly?" for her kids. I was shocked and told her I have every food imaginable out on the table... She said they didn't like any of that stuff and she made them PB&J sandwiches. Really? I could have slapped the crap out of her right there and then. When I was a kid we ate what my mother cooked and put in front of us... or we went to be hungry, period, not negotiable and we would never even think of acting up in a public place. We didn't fear them, we respected them and we believed them because when they told us we would be punished? it was guaranteed.

I could go on and on an on about this...

I always say that I wish the mall had kids hours so that when I went to the mall I didn't have to deal with screaming spoiled rotten dirty coughing all over the place kids tripping over my Victoria's Secret bag! ugh!

Wow, way to take a stand! Are you kidding me?? Kids like PB and J, not fancy adult food for the most part. When you are a parent you have to learn to pick your battles and who cares if they have pb & j sandwich. What a ridiculous thing to be in a snit over. Especially to the point where it made you feel violent enough to "slap the crap" out of your sister. I don't think your nieces and nephews are the problem here.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I almost didn't reply, but since you are one of those who just responds to incite battles, it would help if you actually READ the ENTIRE thread. Then you would know I have kids. Kinda shoots your little dig in the foot there. If you can't contribute or discuss it as an adult, then don't bother posting. I don't have a problem discussing something, but being rude and disrespectful are unnecessary.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

It was hardly a kids movie.

If anything they had to dumb it down for kids.. However the majority of people there were fans of the comic books.
Seeing as how everyone who stayed for the scenes after the movie ended up giving a round of applause.

Im complaining because the majority of people there were teenagers or adults, most of them were quiet when the movie was running, and there were kids there that the parents took too long to actually correct their children.

If you actually pay attention to the movie series, it's hardly a kids movie. They just make them kids friendly to a certain extent. But you'd be hard pressed to get me to believe that Steve Rogers upset because he can't get drunk anymore is an element of a kids movie.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
After reading a good portion of this thread, I have a question: How many of you that are in favor of this ban are parents?

Also, I would like to speak for the parents and assure you that your opinion means less to us than a flabby hunk of whale crap.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Kids that you threaten because they might upset the adults around them who hate them, and you teach them that that is okay.

Good for you. And you are PROUD that your children submit to you so easily. What a great trait to love in them.

I don't like you when you are youself. I do love you when you submit to me, and to the adults who hate you and deserve your respect even when they hate you.

Love submission. Hate individuality. Make sure your kids know you value the adults' around you and their views more than you value them.

I can't see why anyone could possibly find your logic not compelling. I'm not a big fan of teaching submission as an admirable trait.
edit on 2011/7/28 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by Aeons

Really? Then apparently you missed my post about MY children! I do have kids, and once they reach a certain age they have learned that they have to respect others. My kids have only had to be spanked two or three times to get the message that misbehavior will not be tolerated. They know better, and now that they are older I can take things away or ground them which is worse than a spanking. But I did set the precedence when they were young. More parents need to do the same!

Absolutely not. Spanking is not necessary and in my opinion, it is lazy parenting. What is necessary is follow through. You must let your no be your no, and you must follow through with your threat. If you said time out, then they must sit in time out, if you are taking away a priviledge, you cannot give it back in a hour. As a parent, I have found the hardest part is saying no to your children and sticking to it. They constantly test their boundaries and you have to be prepared to be strong. It isn't easy.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join