The No-Kids-Allowed Movement is Spreading

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggyMcBigPants
Parachutes.

I wish they had parachutes for everybody, lol. Not just for unruly passengers, but as part of the seat safety system. Can't really bring your own on as a carry-on, the other passangers would probably be a tad concerned as to why...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
They need to get their kids under control".

Spare the rod, spoil the child.
edit on 28-7-2011 by haarvik because: (no reason given)

Here is where I see a huge problem in our society. Many of you ask the questions, why are adults not standing up to the bullying/violence from the TSA/Government/Police etc. etc. etc.

Well, why? I see it as while our children are growing up, instead of teaching them to make healthy decisions, and teaching them to control themselves, we are teaching them that OTHERS have the right to control them.

Then, as adults, they have NO CLUE how to control themselves or make good decisions.

We are teaching them that others are the ones in control.

reply to post by subject x

Sooo basically, what you are saying is that a very young human child was throwing a fit, and because you did not like hearing said child, you yourself threw a big fit?

Sounds so very grown up and adult like to me.

Originally posted by 2012srb
reply to post by minettejo

Screamers need a good STFU slap in the face.

It's a sting they don't forget.

And it works.

Wow, so all the "adults" here screaming about little brats and calling children names need a good STFU slap in the face? Or do you only advocate for violence against young people? huh, interesting.

Originally posted by Advantage
Spanking is striking

You answered your own question with the first three words there. Spanking is striking. Yep it sure is.

When you use an object(your hand/a belt etc) to cause pain to another by using physical force, that is striking.

Spanking is just a pc pretty sounding word for hitting.

Teach a child how to control themselves and how to make good decisions for themselves and not they have to sit idly by while someone strikes them.

HARM NONE
Peace

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Actually, discrimination only comes into play when there is a contract involved, such as labor, housing etc. There is no contract for eating out/going to a movie. Again, it is the irresponsible parents that make it hard for everyone else. Until parents can be responsible for their children, and respectful of others then I see no problem with a business owner catering to those who pay the bill and do not wish to be disturbed by someone else s lack of responsibility and respect.

In that case, the business owners need to enforce decent behavioral standards for ALL in their establishment. Banning an entire group would seem to go too far, when all they would have to do is remove people that won't behave. Someone earlier gave an example of yelling back at a kid, and being told to leave, but the family with the child was never spoken to. That's messed up. Parents can be, and should be, asked to keep their kids in line.

Apologies to the thread for whatever it was I posted that wasn't up to par. Wasn't intentional!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
So, you are saying that private businesses don't have to follow the Constitution? Do all Ron Paul supporters agree with that? No wonder he loses.....

Private businesses following the Constitution? Do you even know what the Constitution is??

The Constitution protects "we the people" from government by granting certain rights. Private businesses do not follow the Constitution, they are what the Constitution protects!
edit on 29-7-2011 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

Yet, if I were to hire someone to come into my home, I would be forced to abide by government guidelines, as though I were a business. Businesses are also not allowed to refuse service based on race, so should we allow them to refuse it based on age? That's the real issue here. If we want to allow them to refuse to serve children, then we MUST also allow them to refuse to serve any group, for any reason. That's my point.

Honestly, I think that they SHOULD have that right. Their business, after all. They would have to suffer a loss of business if enough people didn't approve, which would take care of the issue. Which is why it would be a bad idea in the first place.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k

reply to post by mr10k

My guess is whatever parent you have isn't doing a very good job. No kid of mine would EVER post something like you did. Nor come close to getting a hit in. Wise up; your mom/dad/whoever might let you get away with that, but someday, there WILL be someone that won't. They will be bigger, and won't hesitate to knock you out.

Smacking an out-of-line kid, any age, isn't abuse. It's teaching basic survival in the world.

Clearly if you need to hit your kid to learn survival, hes either a retard, or some part of his brain is missing. We all have animal instincts. One of those is to fight back. Did you really need to have your parents around to teach you? I am proud to have been born into a "generattion" that can actually live independantly. Im not some little kid that begs "mom i need breakfast", "mom I need cash". Its perfect because we need more people like that. People who realize we do not need a government to set us straight. That we can do this by ourselves. Think about that

No, a kid that needs a swat on the seat of the pants simply needs to learn. Children don't come out knowing everything they need to know about proper behavior. It isn't a "fight" to discipline a child, either. A swat on the rear end, with an open hand, doesn't even leave a mark, much less cause any actual harm. If a child runs into the street, and could die as a result, a swat is a great way to enforce that the action is painful. A very small child won't understand the car can kill them, but they can understand a swat hurts, and will remember, and thus be safe. ALL children need their parents to teach them things. That's rather the point. At a certain stage, kids, if raised well enough, become able to learn independently. That doesn't mean no one ever taught them anything. If you can cook your own meals, you learned from someone. Agreed that we do not need the government involved in raising the kids! That's for the families to do!

Didn't see your opinion on the main question in the thread. What are your thoughts there, as a younger person?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

*snip*

I said "IF" something you clearly didnt see. If she hit me I would lose respect, because how I am now, I would NEVER be in a situation where she would have to hit me. Im the first born kid she always tells me she loves me, so if one day she hit me for getting a F or a D I would fill with rage.

If she hit you for a bad grade, I would be angry, too. That's not the same as a smack for something that warrants one. Parents that spank, in most cases, don't do only that, but use that as a last resort, or for a really serious offense. My case, if one hits a sibling, causing injury. Outright defiance would bet a pop, too. Your mom sounds like a really good mother; betting you and your siblings never caused issues out to eat, did you?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by matito
reply to post by mjfromga

I said to him, "You are too old to be making that kind of fuss!" He stopped, looked at me, and then looked at Mom who started in with the "you poor thing," giving me a nasty look, and he started in crying again.

Question..
If this woman took her crying kid and gave him a good whippin right then and there...
How would you react?
Just curious..
edit on 29-7-2011 by matito because:

Personally, I'm not a spanker - she should have taken the kid out of there without buying a thing. Shopping for 1/2 hour with a screaming kid who is old enough to know better and driving all the other customers crazy? I mean, come on. As I said, stupid, stupid woman. You take the kid out and home and sit him in the corner. Then you feed him one of his least favorite foods for supper and make sure he knows it's because he didn't allow you to buy anything else because of his misbehavior. He's likely not going to act up very often.

However, if she had given him a spanking in the store (I'm not talking abuse), I would have stayed out of it as it's not my business.
edit on 29-7-2011 by mjfromga because: edited to add the last sentence.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by amazed

It all comes down to common sense and if parents have no common sense then the Govt has no choice but to force you to control your children from wandering the streets at night.

I do not understand why any grown adult or parent would whinge about curfews for children at night.....what does it take for them to learn their lesson? When their kid comes home in a patrol car? When your kid arrives home bashed? When your local hospital calls you? When Police arrive at your doorstep to tell you your kid is dead? What? What does it take to knock some bloody sense in to a parent these days?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Actually my son (7) has never been physically punished. All his punishment has been “Time out” no TV. skipping a day at the pool with his friends etc. However he is the most well behaved child you will EVER meet, So much in fact that we get comments to this all the time. Even my uncle, who despises children, was hard pressed at first to allow my son over to dinner at his house etc. However, after a few times his attitude changed drastically. He now asks if I can bring my son over for an afternoon. He volunteers to drive him to visit my parents (6-8 hour drive). Mind you he still despises children (for all the reasons mentioned here) but there is one child he adores. And there was no physical punishment involved in making this child the model citizen he is.

The key here that many have stated is not the fact you spank or not, it is the fact you establish rules and do not bend. If the punishment is no TV, then you had better be absolute, be sure you do not cave in an hour later and allow them to watch again. If you tell them they are grounded, then decide to let to let them go out later, you are not teaching them a thing other than they can get away with anything. Discipline does not need to be physical, but it needs to be absolute.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Kids have always been a pain in the arse - just another joke from the universe.

But kids used to be repressed.

Now they are free.

Ugh - bring back repression!

Honestly, little kids are a trial. But so are grown ups -

Oh, look, I just discovered that people are unbearable!

Joke - I have always known that.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by amazed

It all comes down to common sense and if parents have no common sense then the Govt has no choice but to force you to control your children from wandering the streets at night.

I do not understand why any grown adult or parent would whinge about curfews for children at night.....what does it take for them to learn their lesson? When their kid comes home in a patrol car? When your kid arrives home bashed? When your local hospital calls you? When Police arrive at your doorstep to tell you your kid is dead? What? What does it take to knock some bloody sense in to a parent these days?

What does that have to do with my post? Common sense dictates that hitting another person is violence, I don't care if the other person is 1 day old or 101 years old. Hitting is hitting. THAT is common sense.

Spanking is hitting, hitters can keep thinking that spanking is something other than hitting all you want, but you are just fooling yourselves.

If you raise your child to make healthy decisions, your above complaints are null and void.

As I've said before. To me, if you can't slow down and THINK about a healthy way to teach a child which does not involve hitting, then how can you expect a child to slow down and think about their own actions? It's an oxymoron. It is a "do as I say not as I do" situation.

Hitters are saying to their children (through their actions) "I can hit you all I want without thinking but you little person had better think about your actions." Seems highly strange to me.

If we want our children to learn to think about what they choose to do, well adults had better show them how by thinking about what we do ourselves.

HARM NONE
Peace

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

reply to post by mr10k

My guess is whatever parent you have isn't doing a very good job. No kid of mine would EVER post something like you did. Nor come close to getting a hit in. Wise up; your mom/dad/whoever might let you get away with that, but someday, there WILL be someone that won't. They will be bigger, and won't hesitate to knock you out.

Smacking an out-of-line kid, any age, isn't abuse. It's teaching basic survival in the world.

Clearly if you need to hit your kid to learn survival, hes either a retard, or some part of his brain is missing. We all have animal instincts. One of those is to fight back. Did you really need to have your parents around to teach you? I am proud to have been born into a "generattion" that can actually live independantly. Im not some little kid that begs "mom i need breakfast", "mom I need cash". Its perfect because we need more people like that. People who realize we do not need a government to set us straight. That we can do this by ourselves. Think about that

No, a kid that needs a swat on the seat of the pants simply needs to learn. Children don't come out knowing everything they need to know about proper behavior. It isn't a "fight" to discipline a child, either. A swat on the rear end, with an open hand, doesn't even leave a mark, much less cause any actual harm. If a child runs into the street, and could die as a result, a swat is a great way to enforce that the action is painful. A very small child won't understand the car can kill them, but they can understand a swat hurts, and will remember, and thus be safe. ALL children need their parents to teach them things. That's rather the point. At a certain stage, kids, if raised well enough, become able to learn independently. That doesn't mean no one ever taught them anything. If you can cook your own meals, you learned from someone. Agreed that we do not need the government involved in raising the kids! That's for the families to do!

Didn't see your opinion on the main question in the thread. What are your thoughts there, as a younger person?

A swat on the neck is nothing compared to death by car. How would a swat on the neck teach the child to not move in front of a vehicle? The only thing that would teach him is to not move in front of a vehicle when you're around so he does not get hit again

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Of course we never caused issues out to eat. We're not idiots but it doesnt take a beating to understand that you cant cry everywhere you go.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I knew a long time ago that a lot of Americans are gutless wonders.

The anti-violence sissies in this thread prove it.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I was just at the laundromat doing my clothes. One little girl wouldn't stop whimpering; she obviously didn't want to be there. Two boys were riding around in the laundry buggies--despite signs on the wall that states anyone who lets their kids do this will be asked to leave. Two other little kids kept running around chasing each other. Oh, and let me not forget to mention the Karate Kid wannabe who felt the need to twirl and gyrate around in the aisle as if he were on crack. Oh, the joys of living in an apartment. Do count me in on that No-Kids-Allowed thing... sounds like a winner in my book.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by yourignoranceisbliss

But I have the right to, right? I mean maybe I want to cater to only one race, who should stop me? Maybe it's not that I don't like them or they're disruptive, but maybe my clients don't so, voila...I have the right because my clients want to go to a place where everyone looks like them. Same difference exactly, if you can't see that then take the 2 x 4 out of your eye, before telling me to remove the splinter from mine.

Well let's see. Referring to races, not only are you being racist (whether you are or not is irrelevant here) but you're presumably talking about adults here, that without your (or your client's preconceived biases) are not automatically subject to preferential treatment by society as a whole. (EOE not withstanding)

Kids on the other hand, are given exceptional treatment, and this is not only the truth but it is condoned by society as a whole, whereas your theoretical racism is not.

See the difference now?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

That's exactly right, why complain about it now when kids were "discriminated" against for decades anyway?

Besides, I wouldn't mind if children were barred from certain places. Never liked kids, can't bear them and never want any of my own. They're annoying, messy and I'd rather have peace and quiet than the desire to walk out or get extremely irritated by them.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Good some kids are out of control. They are disrespectful. loud, obnoxious, annoying..
Some kids do need the STFU or GTFO my face slap.

Especially if there parents are the "no punishment, My child has free will type."

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Explanation
Good some kids are out of control. They are disrespectful. loud, obnoxious, annoying..
Some kids do need the STFU or GTFO my face slap.

Especially if there parents are the "no punishment, My child has free will type."

I've given you your first star!

I'm not a violent person, but if any other adults here have seen this clip, it exemplifies the inevitable outcome for kids who are not given any discipline. Not beating, not brutality, just simple discipline by parents who are in control, not out of control.

edit - damnit I never embed vids and of course my first try is a fail. -_-
edit on 30-7-2011 by yourignoranceisbliss because: (no reason given)
edit on 30-7-2011 by yourignoranceisbliss because: think i've got it

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
reply to post by joyride0187

That's exactly right, why complain about it now when kids were "discriminated" against for decades anyway?

Besides, I wouldn't mind if children were barred from certain places. Never liked kids, can't bear them and never want any of my own. They're annoying, messy and I'd rather have peace and quiet than the desire to walk out or get extremely irritated by them.

Whoa, glad you were NEVER a kid. I guess that would mean you couldn't stand yourself ! How grown-up of you...

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join