It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The No-Kids-Allowed Movement is Spreading

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikemp44

That's utter crap that there's a vast difference between parents and non-parents. Most of the people I know who are appalled by lousy parenting have children themselves anyway, but on top of that, just because somebody doesn't have kids doesn't mean they are blind and incapable of observing and analyzing what they see!

Some parents ARE just plain lazy, or suck at what they do. They almost see taking responsibility for their own children as some sort of punishment.

Parenting 'style' is one thing, but an utter lack of parenting, where people let their kids run wild, scream, throw trash and act like complete brats with no consequences, where they pretend to not even notice their kids' behaviour is completely unacceptable. Period.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sbc650mike

I totally agree with what you say. As a child if I ever did anything wrong, I knew what was coming my way. IT was a spanking not a beating. Thats what the stupid parents of today do not realize. Discipline is different than abuse. In fact, now that I realize, if it wasnt for my dad scolding me on stupid things and what not, I wouldn't have been the well behaved kid I was. My brother and I were always the most well behaved kids no matter where we go, granted my dad was strict, but it made sense, sometimes a bit to extra strict for no reason and keep us with him, lol. But that aside, I believe, if the child is good you praise them and reward them, and if they are bad you should discipline them, if you gotta give a few smacks then go ahead. Children, are like animals, who you must train at a young age, otherwise they turn savage. It's like raising a pitbull, if you go too far with the scolding and negativeness they come out bad, if you aren't firm enough, all dogs in general take on the alpha male dominant personality naturally. You must as a parent plant your foot and show your dominance, otherwise children go out of control and do the messed up crap they do today. Kids at young ages now are like 10 are smoking weed and drinking and what not, when I was that age I knew that if I did that # my dad would beat my ass. So i thought twice, also i associated that stuff since i was younger with bad things, and now that I am older I have more control over how I act.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Children should be allowed in most places (their are obvious exceptions) but if they become screaming maniacs, immediately removed.

Same goes for adults.

Now how your going to remove someone from a plane is beyond me but they arrest unruly adults on a plane after it lands. Perhaps parents should be fined.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I see what you are saying..but personally, I would rather spend an evening with two dozen screaming kids then a restaurant full of snotty pompous windbags who act like their personal phone call is the only conversation that matters on the planet. At least with kids, there is still time to fix their issues..once they reach adulthood, there is little hope of change.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bastet11

OOO I love Bastet, I have a really nice statue of her right here.

I agree about the annoying pompous cell phone people but not the screaming kids.

LOL

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 2012srb

LOL crotch fruit..... (Love it!)

No you don't have to play second string, but it would be like a guy talking about how hard it is fighting a war in Iraq, but not being a member of the military or even having been to Iraq.
Studying something is one thing, doing it is something totally different. While I agree with everyones personal freedoms, you have to respect mine if I am to respect yours.

I breed because we must, and i didn't choose to, though I am very glad I did.

Thanks for the laugh, I probably would have said the same thing when i was younger....

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Im gonna stick with what i know he and comment on the cinemas banning kids, i thought they already did with regards to the adult ratings. to be honest if you go to a U or PG u should expect crying toddlers and if you go to a 12 or 15 you should expecting teenage brats on mobiles, throwing things and generally being annoying. That being said i really dont agree with it, i think cinemas should show some screenings for members only (with an usher inside) and if you get caught talking or generally being a cinema troll then your membership is revoked because when i go to the cinema i really want hush

Now those on here who know me, know i have 5 kids. i take the two babies (under 3's) to movies like winnie the pooh and if they start getting louder than the general hubbub i take them out, but i have been taking them since they were little so they are used to the hush. My oldest is a chatter box and it actually took a few occasions when i actually refused to take her any longer because i believed she was runing the film for others, she is used to it now and although she still gives the occasion OMG she is quiet throughout. and my other middle two took to the cinema like ducks to water, there mouths fall open when it starts and they dont make a peep until the end.

But as a father i do support certain things like cinemas and planes banning kids/babies in certain situation e.g a business man paying 3k for first class, so he can work on route is no place for a crying baby

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Culture of Hate.

Culture of Self-Destruction.

Most obvious sign isn't the money, it isn't the wars, it isn't the fat, it isn't the alcohol.

It is that people hate their own next generation.

People hate children, and they hate the people who have children.

I didn't realize what I level of pressure I live in my parent and child-hating culture until I was at a restraunt event organized for only parents. One of my friends didn't realize what a culture of parent and child-hate she lived in until she went to a Mormon event with one of her friends. Another friend realized it when he ended up at a Muslim Pakistani event.

You people are poison.

People that want to eat in peace don't hate kids, we simply don't want to try to eat when someone is screaming so loudly that we can't even talk to our spouse in a normal voice or at all. I for one am sick of that crap. That doesn't mean I hate kids, it just means i don't want to put up with the rude bratty behavour. But go on and continue to play the victim, poor you.
The real sign of a sick society is when parents let their kids act up and show a complete lack of concern for anyone else in the establishment.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
A couple of weeks ago, I had the misfortune to be shopping at Kroger as a woman with a little boy was also shopping. He was throwing a screaming fit - all the way through the store and for 1/2 hour. It was nonstop! Wouldn't you know it, when I pulled my cart up, a store employee directed me to the checker right behind the woman. The boy looked at me (he was about 3ish) and kept screaming. I said to him, "You are too old to be making that kind of fuss!" He stopped, looked at me, and then looked at Mom who started in with the "you poor thing," giving me a nasty look, and he started in crying again. I thought - you stupid, stupid woman. I should have said it aloud.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I love the no kids movement. Now if we can just get rid of the blacks and jews this world will be near perfect!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikemp44

Just how old do you think I am?

You seem to be assuming I am young, which I find interesting.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I find this interesting, in particular the corporal punishment debate.

My own parents never once laid a hand on me. They spoke to me the same way they spoke to adults at all times. It simply never occurred to me to defy my parents.

I was punished through loss of privileges (going to visit other children and so on) or property (favorite toys, games etc.). It worked out well. I was told what the punishment was and never was there a parole or shortening of a punishment. In other words, they were parents and I was the child. Why would they have needed to hit me like incompetent parents do?

I did the same with my daughter as a single parent after my first wife became a raving alcoholic and I took custody. Never had a problem due to it and ended up with a respectful child who obeyed me pretty much all the time. No problems in schools and now at a University on full scholarship.

Where I saw people who had problems was with those who did not understand that how your child acts by age 3 is what that child will be like. You smother and coddle while young because you think you can wait until they are older, you cause your child's behavioral problems and bear all the guilt for it. You don't take charge during the terrible two's, you have lost that battle due to incompetent parenting. You will fight that battle for the rest of your child's life possibly, because you could not do your job while they were forming their personalities.

Being respectful of others goes to this other issue. If you take your too young children to a place where people are trying to enjoy adult dinners with a date or friends, you the parent are the problem, not the kids. Why people do that amazes me. If you don't have enough to hire a babysitter or if your own family won't watch them, why are you at an expensive place in the first place? Kid's don't like those situations either. Have you forgotten how it sucked as a young child to be drug along with the adults? Kid's act up because it's the wrong environment for them in the first place. They don't want to be there anymore than the other patrons want them there. So why???? You so incompetent you can't even see that your children don't want to be there?

I actually had one close friend use the Dr. Spock book (only people my age would know about this). Both his children are in Prison now, both for acts of violence. I can't tell you how sorry he is now. He was a nice man who thought older people were dumb when his kids were born and more or less ruined their lives trying to prove his parents wrong. Sad, really sad.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Interesting concept; some kids are annoying. Some parent's should try this when it comes to leaving their kids in cars when it's 100 degrees Fahrenheit outside.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

I love and adore children, and have great patient for them; it is their parents I do not love, adore or have any patience for. Somehow if there were a way to punish bad parents for their children being disruptive, I would go for that but as it stands, banning children in certain areas and places is something I approve of.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater
Now how your going to remove someone from a plane is beyond me but they arrest unruly adults on a plane after it lands. Perhaps parents should be fined.

Parachutes.

2nd line

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bastet11
I see what you are saying..but personally, I would rather spend an evening with two dozen screaming kids then a restaurant full of snotty pompous windbags who act like their personal phone call is the only conversation that matters on the planet. At least with kids, there is still time to fix their issues..once they reach adulthood, there is little hope of change.

Frankly, I can do without both groups at a restaurant.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mjfromga

I said to him, "You are too old to be making that kind of fuss!" He stopped, looked at me, and then looked at Mom who started in with the "you poor thing," giving me a nasty look, and he started in crying again.

Question..
If this woman took her crying kid and gave him a good whippin right then and there...
How would you react?
Just curious..

edit on 29-7-2011 by matito because:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessica6

That's utter crap that there's a vast difference between parents and non-parents. Most of the people I know who are appalled by lousy parenting have children themselves anyway, but on top of that, just because somebody doesn't have kids doesn't mean they are blind and incapable of observing and analyzing what they see! ...

You are correct.

As a TEENAGER I had better control over most of the kids in the neighborhood than the parents did because I babysat for all of them. They KNEW I would not allow them to get away with bad behavior. No I never hit a child but I certainly "restrained" them if needed and I was a lot faster then any of them. Yeah, physical intimidation works wonders but must be followed up with consistent behavior and lots of praise. You also MUST be determined to win a battle once you engage. That is where many people fall down. Also if you are wrong, apologize.

Did the kids HATE me?? No.

I could not go out the door without getting mobbed and If I sat for a family during the day I had the entire neighborhood not just the kids I was paid to sit for.

By the way one of the best "rewards" I ever found when dealing with kids was reading stories out loud. esp. poetry.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
The children basher's are not problem solvers

I mean really how often do you go out and have a meal ruined by screaming kids? Where are they eating? Chuck e Cheese? Showbiz Pizza on family night?

Problem: ohhhh noes this screaming baby is ruing my flight!

Answer: ask the stewardess for ear plugs 0r head phones' THEY HAVE THEM!

Problem: i cant eat and chew this here steak while that kid is screaming!

Answer: get up and move or get the balls to ask the parents/child nicely to please be quiet.
You know communication does go a long way. And not all us parents bite, just some.

edit on 28-7-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

Why should I have to pay for head phones when its YOUR kid making noise and YOUR responsibility??

As for asking parents to quiet their kids, if they didn't make them quiet down down to begin with, what makes you think they'd do it after someone else asked.
And from the attitudes of most parents i'd just be told that I'm not a parent and to shut it.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Wow, what a savage place you people live in, really. A place where kids are always the worst of horribleness, and parents never take their kids outside when they can't quiet them. Me thinks this is a bit of over-dramatization. Or I live in a really rare place, (and yes, I go out to eat ALL the time, but I never encounter the monsters you people speak of).....

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join