It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The No-Kids-Allowed Movement is Spreading

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

You mean I can't bring my screaming out of control kid who I refuse to discipline out to dinner in public? How inconsiderate.

I agree Thisguyrighthere.

People want to take their children out to civillized places but they refuse to control them in a civillized manner.

Its only getting worse too.

It doesnt help when people have kids before they arent even out of puberty yet,let alone mature...

It doesnt help when parents still want to party but have the responsability of their children....

It doesnt help when parents are to scared to even discipline their own kids because of the government/authority.

And people wonder why? pfft...

Wake up to yourselves.

edit on 29-7-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
No offense to some but I live close to three, what is described as, yuppie cities. The suburban, wealthy towns filled with young people, mostly in their 20's, 30's, many of them professionals, WITH KIDS. From my perspective it seems to be those type of people that try to rationalize with their children mostly. I also live near a less populated city and ACTUALLY live smack-dab in the middle of a country town. Not urban, not so suburban, not as wealthy, older individuals, loads of differences really. The thing is, I notice when I go into these different cities, although all connecting, how the adults discipline their kids is VASTLY different. In the suburban area we have the parents rationalizing even letting their kid scream like they have satan in them, and the not-so-suburban area I see more kids well-behaved. I wondered "why?" when I moved here and begin to see that the parents in the not-so-suburban area have more of a corporal, sort of old-timey punishment, if I may.

I know there's studies on economic status and how parents discipline their children, but it still kinda puts me in awe sometimes. These cities/towns are all connected, yet pretty damn different.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
I chose years ago to stop working, and stay home. .

Good for you! I stayed home with my kids, too. Both my husband and I worked jobs which required travel. We lived 500 miles from family. Our oldest daughter came along and I continued to work for about a year and a half. But I was constantly having to hire a stay-in nanny at $300 per day. Our normal daycare wasn't up to my standards, either, so I finally said screw it and stayed home. I came to the conclusion early on from watching other families and their struggles that you either pay early or late for your kids, but you will pay. In other words, you spend the time with the kids early on, sacrificing your hobbies or job to raise good kids, or you let your kids raise themselves and then you end up with drug addicted teens in rehab, kids barely squeaking through high school and if in college it's a third-tier school, and twenty-somethings who don't know how to work and get along in the world. I've seen it over and over. The last thing I wanted was the proverbial 40-year-old living in my basement demanding meat loaf.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
To those who think that the people who wants to enjoy their food-movie-whatever without noisy brats disturbing is a child hater, grow up already. No one is to take the kids tantrums but the parents, but as has been said, disciplining is no longer an option, so here we are, with uncontrolable kids, and the "discrimination" movement. Well guess what, it aint discrimination, you are not entitled to go eat anywhere, you have to endorse by the owner's rules, dont like, dont go in there.
Just hope that more places go this way, it will even help the kids places by increasing their income!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoyalBlue

Originally posted by Viking9019
Babies not being allowed on airlines? being on a plane truly is that much closer to heaven.

I do believe that kids should not be allowed in certain places like on airplanes though.

Would you prefer children travel in animal crates in the belly of the plane??? Seriously, ban children from flying??? Should the parents ship their kids UPS to wherever the parent is flying???

Yes.

When can we start?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
reply to post by WeRpeons

As a teacher, I can tell you that 99.9% of ADHD cases are totally bogus.

Undisciplined Brat just doesn't roll off the tongue quite as well.

Attention Deficit? Yep. Hyperactive? You bet.

THEY ARE KIDS!

That is the very definition of a child!

Next, they'll be diagnosing them with Large Skull and Eye disorder.

A friend of mine has a very difficult child and she was sure he had ADHD, ODD, or Aspergers. So he went through a two day series of tests.

The diagnosis: Your kid is a jerk (except he didnt say jerk, he said the "a" world.)

My friend enroled in parenting classes shortly afterward.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the no kids allowed movement. Why should I be subjected to your kids whining, screaming and moaning when I"m trying to enjoy the world. Heres a clue for all you parents out there: Your kid is not special. There I said it.

I hate to break this to you, but at some point in your childhood YOU were the obnoxious, temper tantrum throwing kid at some public place. I'm sure all the adults around you at the time just dealt with it, and didn't complain to the management. UNLESS your perfect, which means we've all missed the second coming of Jesus. If a kids totally out of control, that's one thing, but normal rambunctious behavior isn't enough reason to warrant excluding them from public places. Why not just store the kid in the closet, and only take him out when you feel like it??? The bottom line is: we were all children once, and NOBODY is perfect. Maybe you can keep this in mind next time you hear a baby cry: that crying baby was you once, but it seems your still crying as an adult about kids. GROW UP!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardoom

I wish you people would stop calling restaurants public places. They are NOT PUBLIC! A public place is a city/county/national park. A restaurant/movie theater is private property. They are private businesses that PERMIT the public to patronize them. The are not PUBLIC!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
So, you are saying that private businesses don't have to follow the Constitution? Do all Ron Paul supporters agree with that? No wonder he loses.....

Private businesses following the Constitution? Do you even know what the Constitution is??

The Constitution protects "we the people" from government by granting certain rights. Private businesses do not follow the Constitution, they are what the Constitution protects!
edit on 29-7-2011 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

I wish you people would stop calling restaurants public places. They are NOT PUBLIC! A public place is a city/county/national park. A restaurant/movie theater is private property. They are private businesses that PERMIT the public to patronize them. The are not PUBLIC!

Hey Einstein, most people don't think of public place in the legal sense, most think of it as any place outside your house/yard where there are other people around. Get the idea??? It's either your in public or your in a private place - not a hard concept to grasp, even if your stuck on that legal definition of public your soap-boxing about.
edit on 29-7-2011 by Nucleardoom because: added quote

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

There is a reason to be a stickler about the terms used. Public infers government control, hence discrimination. Private does not. If you are going to blast about discrimination, then it helps to know to what context you are speaking about. Failure to do so shows ignorance.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by White Locust
I have a 22 month old son and we only take him to loud restaurants like cheesecake factory or buffets (we live in as Vegas). He is a good kid, but he can easily be disruptive and destructive. It is easier for all of us to just blend in or stay home. Some parents don't care about others I realize, they suck

Wow, it must be hard living in Vegas with children. My kids love it there, all the lights and excitement, but people give you the stink eye if you have kids walking the strip or whatever. I don't care, and as a parent I don't expect Vegas to be more kid friendly, the call girl flyers are a bit much but the illegals passing them out back off when they see kids. Last time I was there, two hammered drunk prostitute looking women were talking loudly amongst themselves about people bringing kids to Vegas as we were waiting for a shuttle. I gave them a one fingered gesture, and it wasn't thumbs up.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This is annoying. How can so many people think this is a good thing? There are adults who are far more annoying than any child. They can't be banned just for being deemed as annoying so how can kids. Its ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

There is a reason to be a stickler about the terms used. Public infers government control, hence discrimination. Private does not. If you are going to blast about discrimination, then it helps to know to what context you are speaking about. Failure to do so shows ignorance.

If you read my posts the word discriminate is not among any of them. It has nothing to do with discrimination and everything to do with having compassion for another human being. An unruly brat is one thing, but an average kid giggling or just being a kid is no reason to exclude them. I'm sure your parents never thought about whether or not the restaurant allowed children when you went out to eat. Why then would you not allow another child to experience what you did when you were young? That is not being ignorant, that's just being an a-hole

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik

Thought you was done with this thread? Thats what you said atleast.

There are plenty of parnets who hate children and you are one of them. Thats why, if your story is true, you have brow beaten your children to perform for you.

Guess what. You was once the kind of child you now loathe. Everyone here cried and acted a fool once or twice when they were children.

Get over it.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I understand that shop, restaurant, etc. owners have the right to refuse service to whomever they choose. I just think that most here wouldn't be so quick to support it if the owner decided to ban people along racial lines, for whatever perceived reason they may upset other racists. Black people are (stereotypically) known to shout out during movies...how many here would support banning black people from theaters? Probably not nearly as many, even though the reasoning would be the same. The theaters have the right to do so, and should (have the right). But, they'd rightfully go out of business. Don't be hypocrites.
edit on 29-7-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
If a business wants to lose my money and all future dollars, go ahead ban me and my very well-behaved child. I hope this economy swims like a rock in this ocean of stupidity.

When did it become a store owners problem that there is a screaming, out-of-control, kid next to you? I do not have a problem asking the parent of such child to remove themselves if they don't have the brain power to get it done alone.

If you want to sit there and listen to it or have to trip over their wild children in a grocery store, that's entirely up to you guys. I do not put up with it. I also would have no hard feelings for a restaurant owner asking parents to clean up the 10 foot area of cracker crumbs on the floor before they take their uncivilized tribe out the front door.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
It's amazing how many people, once they have children, think that the rest of us should fall all over ourselves to serve them.

You made a choice, you bred. There are consequences.

Not everyone is going to adore your porch ape.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

As a parent and grandparent, I see both sides of the story. One, most young parents aren't being taught how to be good parents any more, and they're letting the media teach them. We live in a mobile society, where we move every few years to relocate with jobs, etc. This is displacing the natural flow of how "it takes a village" to raise a child...but we're missing that the village also teaches the young parent how to be a parent as well. If they are removed from their families, they're not learning essential techniques. This is a cultural problem, not an individual one!

So, it's easy to point fingers at all the "bad parents" out there, but really, they're doing what they know. If they knew better, they'd DO better, for the most part.

Two, a lot of folks are judging extremely harshly. Yes, there are instances that are out of control, but children cry. That's what they do. My own children would be praised for being the best behaved children they had ever seen on one day, then embarrass the living mess out of me the next....why? Because they had an ear infection, or missed a nap, or were just having a bad day. I know adults like that.
I did, however, remove my children from bothering other people if it was possible, and I never hesitated to take them into the restroom for an "attitude adjustment". Sometimes, just the act of walking to the restroom was enough to get their attention. You do what you gotta do, and parents need to be given their power back and stop letting Hollywood and the media dictate how we raise our children.

Three, I did NOT fly with my babies. Babies don't know how to equalize the pressure in their little ears, and it HURTS. No wonder they scream! God forbid they have an inner ear infection, and the pain gets amplified. Can you imagine??? So, on one hand, yes...it is REALLY annoying to have to listen to a child scream for hours on a flight. But on the other, I empathize with that poor child...that's all they can do, is cry. So put in your ear plugs and try to be understanding. Maybe that parent has no choice but to fly, and if they knew how to make the child stop crying, I'm sure they would. I do agree with the concept of a child cabin, though. Just like I think all theaters should have cry rooms, so should planes, but with seats in them and movies and activities just for kids.

I think we all need a little more compassion, patience, and understanding, and little less judgement. Set an example with your own children in public, by being firm (not cruel, or condescending) with them. Praise them in public, scold them in private, but never be afraid to be firm in front of other people. You never know who is watching and learning from you!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Equating unruly children with black people is just disgusting. You are the epitome of why racism still exists in this country. Behavior is not a protected class, and as such should NEVER be compared to race/sex/national origin! Wow, and here I thought I loved my kids, and so did they. I'll need to inform them of this fallacy when I get home from work. It's because of people like you that ruin it for everyone else. You are complacent, and that is just as bad as being one of the bad parents. If you read my posts, you will clearly see that what I advocate is for parents to be responsible and respectful of others. If you can't, then I have no objection to having places where those of us who are can enjoy ourselves without your tyrant little Napoleons ruing our night out!

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join