It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The No-Kids-Allowed Movement is Spreading

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187

Originally posted by Aeons
Still adults whining about having to live with children.

YOU are adults. Try to remind yourself that YOU have no excuse for your behaviour.

Don't you DARE tell me I simply need to "deal with" YOUR child's rotten behavior!!!! It's EXCLUSIVELY YOUR JOB to see to it that the child can behave him or herself.

Don't YOU dare tell good parents their children can't go places with them, simply because you have something against kids, or because some kids don't behave. Who are YOU to decide that MY kids can't eat in a good restaurant, or fly with me on a plane? (Not that flying under current TSA Nazi standards is happening...). It isn't your place to discriminate against MY children because of some stupid parents. Not to mention, as stated several times in this thread, it's usually ADULTS that disrupt my meals, movies, etc. NOT children. ONCE, in a theater, some kids talked. I told them they needed to be quiet, and guess what? They WERE. The adults? They usually act like "@#$% you", as though they can talk, text, etc in a movie if they feel like it. Until threatened with expulsion, that is. Gee....all this time, I though RP supporters were for rights for all.....

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2012srb

Originally posted by HAYSEED
I have three young children, two are ok. My oldest is autistic, so she seems unruley most of the time. so I am kinda offended by your comments. some kids don't know the difference

I.

Don't.

Care.

So, don't get all bent out of shape when no one cares that you don't want to be around kids. Personally, I think the child-haters (kinda remind me of that bunch in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang...) should go find an island together, move, and stay away from the rest of us.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HAYSEED

Specialized classes, if you can find them. One grandson is, and he's done very well. Not severe in his case, and you might have different results depending, but there are people trained to help these kids learn, and the parents to learn how to manage. Definitely worth the effort to look for the aid.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by minettejo

Originally posted by Advantage

Originally posted by minettejo

Funny, I never once mentioned my parents beating me or striking me. Maybe you shouldnt assume.

You said "Id invariably choose spanking. You wont kill me, pain is temporary"

They struck you hard enough to cause you pain - you said it, I didnt assume anything.

and spanking is PHYSICAL ABUSE?? Spanking is striking or beating?? Maybe you need to realize the difference. I also suggest getting out and working with kids and people who arent a carbon copy of you and in your unique circumstance.

Absolutely, if an adult hit you hard enought to cause you pain, it would be called assault and it is a crime. If you strike your child then at least own it and call it what it is. You are causing physical pain to an individual who is smaller than you, dependant on you, with no option to leave. So yes it is physical abuse, it is also emotional abuse.

The law disagrees with you. So do I. Spanking is NOT abuse. Bet your boots it hurts - would be useless otherwise. NOT abusive, though. One of mine hits a sibling, they get spanked. Defiance? Same thing. Have had a COP tell one of mine that spanking is NOT abuse. Same cop said flat out that not spanking is what causes most of the out-of-control kids he saw. A spanking, done carefully, doesn't even leave a red mark. Does teach a child, though.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourignoranceisbliss

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by looming

You do understand that in such situations the babies can feel the increasingly hostile attitude towards them from people who are so stuck up they need to be able to drink their white wine in peace. This results in more crying, which results in more anger etc.

Deny ignorance.

The hell is wrong with you man...

What? There's nothing "stuck up" about paying for a drink and expecting to be able to enjoy it in relative peace. Explain to the business owner, when his customers are all gone, how all of them must be too "stuck up" to come to his place, because he allows screaming kids in.

People don't just go out to eat / drink for the nutritional value, they want to enjoy the atmosphere of being outside their homes. What is there to enjoy about babies crying their heads off? Sorry, no, if I'm going out to eat or drink, that's the last thing I want to hear. Apparently businesses are cluing in to this.

I would bet good money you are of the same type that prevented my family from eating in a local place recently. Place we've been before, kids ALWAYS behaved, kid menu, even. Won't go again. Why? They chose to cater to jerks. The problem? They decided that some moronic BAR trivia game had to be so LOUD that you could, literally, hear it all out on the street. Not just in the bar area, which would have been fine. Nope. So loud, conversation wasn't possible. All so some pathetic jerks could go enjoy their time away from home? BS.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

God forbid they decide to mate on the island. Imagine the shock on their faces:

"So this is where babies come from?"

I don't think kid-haters fully understand the fact that they were babies themselves one day.

link   
reply to post by joyride0187

living in the suburbs, we have an hour train ride to the city.

families with little kids are almost always on board.

while i find their antics entertaining, for those who don't like kids, it must be high blood pressure time.

some people have no sense of humor.

i even find squirrels funny, so watching little kids be themselves is entertaining.

link   
I am a granny who grew up in the 60's. Family occasions involving kids were held during the day as kids were in bed by 7pm latest. Same goes for my kids when they were young. My daughter is now a mommy and her son is in bed by 7pm every night inc weekends.
Kids should not be in restaurants, bars ect at night full stop. Lack of good sleep is a major factor in misbehaviour in children.
Simplez

Peace

link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
I can remember, years ago (I'm talking geological time here) where a parent would say to a crying child" stop that, or I will give you something to cry about" it very often worked, shame it does not work these days.

I say that and actually act on my kids for misbehaving... but the problem here lies with the fact that so many people are scared that someone else is going to hear them say such "harsh words" or give such "harsh punishment" to their kids for behaving disorderly and being disciplined about it. And it does happen... Not only to me, but I've witnesed other people being looked at horribly for then disciplining their children. I bet those same people that want to regulate how other people discipline their kids are the same ones that push toward this movement of banning kids. It's a da** shame IMO.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by scaredlady
*snip*
As with every other "tolerance" debate that occurs, it comes down to the fact that the ones who think they deserve more rights than others are the ones who always win. So, I expect at some point that we won't be able to enjoy "adult only" dining because the parents of these screaming kids will use the discrimination argument until they get their way.

*snip*

Adults deserve privacy. You don't allow your kids in the shower with you, do you? Do you allow them to watch you have sex? Adults must at some times have space and time without kids. Think how happy you are when you get a break from the kids and can watch a movie in peace and quite. That is all this is about. We want to enjoy our evening in peace and quite.

Adults who DIDN'T bring their kids along, should be allowed to enjoy their moment of freedom from the kids without having to deal with someone else's. Adults who have NO kids, should be allowed to find a place to go that isn't overrun with other folks kids. Why is it so important to you that you are willing to destroy someone's evening just to have your way? I promise you, your kids will have more fun at a place where there are more kids than adults.
*snip*

I could as easily say, "As with every other "tolerance" debate that occurs, it comes down to the fact that the ones who think they deserve more rights than others are the ones who always win. So, I expect at some point that we won't be able to enjoy family dining because the child-haters will use the ME FIRST argument until they get their way.". See how that sounds?

Get this straight. A public place isn't a shower, or a bedroom. Places open to the public are for ALL the public. That means families with their children as well. Restaurants have no need to be "adult only". Especially when many of said "adults" can't behave themselves, and thus have no business complaining about some kid being there. A s for the argument someone made about being able to "drop f-bombs", I don't want to hear that when I go to eat, either. That isn't about kids; it's about common courtesy. A restaurant that serves drinks isn't some dive bar, for trashy behavior. If certain adults are so phobic about children, they should dine at home.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I've been up for going on two days, so I apologize in advance for spelling errors and stuff, but I need to say my piece. It's not very structured right now, but nonetheless, it is what I have to say.

I've seen a lot of people saying things along the lines of "WELLL, BACK IN MY DAY________".
It's not your day anymore, and it will more than likely never be your day again. This is the day of the youth, of THIS generation, which adults from previous generations are trying to have banned from certain social settings in a society that these youths are very well a part of. If your generation was so well behaved why did you mess things up so much with your wars and drugs? If anything, you're just as bad as the whining kids on air planes and in restaurants. You're throwing a temper tantrum "HAHA I'LL USE MY ADULT PRIVILEGE TO GET WHAT I WANT", man, if you don't wanna deal with kids maybe YOU should stay inside. Has that ever occured to any of the people who are against children being a part of ALL parts of society that they shouldn't have to be caged in the house, but maybe you should, since you don't have something as simple as patience so you can deal with something as simple as a child being in a bad mood. People are saying these kids are immature, yeah, well the adults who are too full of themselves to just try to be understanding of a child's feelings seem pretty immature, too.

People like YOU should stay off planes if YOU don't wanna deal with it.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MissConstrood

Lack of good sleep is a major factor in misbehaviour in children.

Not only that but structured sleep is a pivotal aspect in the development of a child's brain.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

If your comments are directed to my post, I'd just like to say that I wasn't saying anything about adults being discriminated against. I only meant that the parents of these children are accusing us of discriminating against their kids specifically. That is not the case. It has nothing to do with hating kids. It simply about quality of atmosphere if we are paying high prices to dine in a nice restaurant and can't even carry on a conversation over the loud screams of a child.

Then speak to the management.

Most of the damn time my children are fine, I'm in a place where children are utterly appropriate, and I'm getting the look of death from people who are eating at a restaurant that hands out crayola because they can HEAR my children speaking.

You cannot imagine how freakin' tired I am of having to moderate my children AND the adults around me because the adults are idiots. I tried accomodating death-stare people, and the people inhabiting this thead. Noone has tried harder than I have. It isn't enough.

Nothing is enough, because the problem isn't that the children are being children, or that they are uncontrolled. The problem is that these people HATE children, and they are making it into a socio-political cause, and I'm tired of accomodating them.

Agreed! If a child, or an ADULT, is disrupting a meal, it isn't unreasonable to complain about it. These people aren't about quiet meals; most seem to be anti-children. Betting a lot of them are of the utilitarian bioethics persuasion. People that want to decide who is worthy of using "their" resources, receiving medical care, even living. Zero population growth types. It's a sickness for certain.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

It has nothing to do with hating kids. It simply about quality of atmosphere if we are paying high prices to dine in a nice restaurant and can't even carry on a conversation over the loud screams of a child.

That's just the thing. People seem to be trying to frame this as saying if any business owner wants to cater to patrons who DONT want kids throwing tantrums and acting like brats, they hate kids. That's a straw man. In fact, the issue has to do with people hating the PARENTS who have no control over their kids, and no sense of respect for public space to know when their kids are negatively effecting others.

And yes, I have kids, and no I wouldnt feel discriminated against if a restaurant didnt cater to my needs.

No, what people are saying is that, instead of addressing the issue if undisciplined children in public, some want to BAN children in public. HUGE difference. These people, trust me, are offended by kids even BEING THERE, quiet or not. Seen the looks a few times myself, even with a SLEEPING baby in a carrier. Even in family restaurants. THAT is the problem. NO ONE wants an out of control child ruining their meal, but most realize that doesn't mean you have to ban children. Only that restaurant management should "grow a pair" and ask people that won't control their kids to leave. Same, of course, for out of control, rude adults.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
For the people that think their kids should be allowed in every establishment with no exceptions... Is it cool for adults to hang out around your kids school?

No one said "every establishment". No one is saying kids should be in nightclubs, or actual BARS. Not restaurants that serve drinks, but bars. No one is saying they should be in adult movies, or strip joints. What people are saying is that parents with kids have as much right to fly, or eat at a nice restaurant with their CHILDREN, if they so choose, as anyone else. How you go from that to child stalking is beyond me.....

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by IceFlower

reply to post by boncho

And I get NO respect from people like the one's on this thread.

They walk around the grocery store in a daze, and then when they run their cart into my children, they think my children did it.

My children are faster to get to the slurpee machine, and they act like big freaking babies.

They go to the restaurant with crayons, and turn their nasty faces at me because they can hear my children laugh.

They are annoyed when they go to a kids movie, and find that kids are there.

My children go through a completely natural phase of asking for stuff at the till, and these people comment my parenting - I've literally NEVER bought my children ANYTHING from the till area. Not ONCE.

My kids are FABULOUS. I literally get stopped by people to be told so.

I tolerate more disrespect from these sorts of people than you can POSSIBLY imagine.

Mind your own damn business, keep your damn opinions to yourself.
edit on 2011/7/28 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

OMG -

really just OMG

What is it that so dismays you in this post? The fact that some people are clueless, and treat kids like garbage, or the fact that this mother appreciates and loves her children? I have had rude jerks plow into my kids, because they were too busy talking on their cell phone, or to a pal, to pay attention. Same sort that almost knocked my mother, in a wheelchair, out of it. The fact is, there ARE people that hate kids. Some posting here, from the looks of some responses. People that assume any child being near them "ruins" their evening. Well, heck, call the Child Catcher!!! As a kid, thought that character was silly......shame so many would agree with that.....

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
*snip*

I have never seen anyone even raise an eyebrow at a parent who tells unruly kids, with the mommy/daddy 'voice,' to cool it.

*snip*

I have. Older son was acting up in a store. I told him to knock it off and stop acting like an idiot, and some stupid, meddling woman came up and said that was "verbal abuse".

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by jimnuggits
*snip*

I have never seen anyone even raise an eyebrow at a parent who tells unruly kids, with the mommy/daddy 'voice,' to cool it.

*snip*

I have. Older son was acting up in a store. I told him to knock it off and stop acting like an idiot, and some stupid, meddling woman came up and said that was "verbal abuse".

This is a HUGFE problem nowadays imo..

I think alot of public "parenting" is not done anymore because of this very reason. If you are disciplining your kid in public there's always some idiot who thinks they know better how to raise YOUR kid, or who plays the mental/verbal/physical abuse card(s)

Should be the other way around, parents should be adressed when they FAIL to disciplin a kid.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

My guess is whatever parent you have isn't doing a very good job. No kid of mine would EVER post something like you did. Nor come close to getting a hit in. Wise up; your mom/dad/whoever might let you get away with that, but someday, there WILL be someone that won't. They will be bigger, and won't hesitate to knock you out.

Smacking an out-of-line kid, any age, isn't abuse. It's teaching basic survival in the world.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourignoranceisbliss
*snip*

Can't compare entire races vs children who are not in full control of themselves. Honestly.

What if large groups of some race are often seen acting up? Happens, you know. Just as "logical" to ban ALL of them, as it is to ban ALL kids.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join