It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The No-Kids-Allowed Movement is Spreading

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Heres a clue for all you parents out there: Your kid is not special. There I said it.

LOL

and Im a parent

I agree totally with you OP- kids have their parents to blame- if people controlled their kids such rules wouldnt be in place and be catching on. Us Gen Xers are such crap parents.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TokiTheDestroyer

Yeah..
But I didn't throw many fits as a kid.
And If I did.. my parents dealt with it. They didn't just ignore it.

It's more the the parents than the kids, I will quite admit.
I understand kids are kids. And the adults need to be parents.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Might I politely speculate, neformore, that we are not a " succesful " species, and as to where we are going - nowhere. I suspect we will be one of the shortest lived species to inhabit this planet.
Ironic considering our supposed "intelligence "...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

edit on 29-7-2011 by lifecitizen because: double post!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
If little kids are ruining your "nice evening out", you really need to develop a thicker skin and a little tolerance. Sounds like you maybe just don't like people in general. You can always just stay at home.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
Sometimes I'm not sure both parents in the workplace is a good idea..i mean look what's happening...

This is the crux of it. Traditionally there would always be one parent around at all times to raise the kids. This is right and natural. Unfortunately, the policies of most western regimes have resulted in a dire economic situation which requires both parents to work full time... unless considerably well-off.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TokiTheDestroyer
reply to post by ldyserenity

I will say here what I sent to you in U2U, a truly good parent has no reason to strike a child.

I agree, there are plenty of way to correct a child's behavior without assaulting them. Solid consistent consequences for negative behavior has worked with my three.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItCameFromOuterSpace
If little kids are ruining your "nice evening out", you really need to develop a thicker skin and a little tolerance. Sounds like you maybe just don't like people in general. You can always just stay at home.

I agree, replace the word kid with gay or black or asian or something and see how u tolerant this rubbish sounds. The argument is about grouping all children in with misbehaving children, the same way that racist people group all black people in with criminals.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TokiTheDestroyer
reply to post by ldyserenity

I will say here what I sent to you in U2U, a truly good parent has no reason to strike a child.

ETA: Sorry if I come off rude but, you pushed my button.
edit on 7/29/11 by TokiTheDestroyer because: (no reason given)

I don't think you're rude. I am stating what I believe I also never stated that every parent should discipline thier child that way. An open hand on the butt isn't going to scar them for life either. You simply disagree, I respect that It's your perogative. I do however strongly advocate responsible adults make their own decision about raising their child and I am strongly anti child protective services, mostly because where it really counts they haven't done their jobs right they harass the wrong people while the real monsters get away with all kinds of atrocities. That's also just my pinion and a few others on here. And there are those who share your opinion. The problem is a lot of the behaviors would simply stop if CPS didn't exist. I know children today that aren't smacked that threaten to call them because they want something and the parent says "no" they actually threaten to call CPS and Say they're abused when they obviously are not to anyone who has a good set of eyes.
No one has to agree with me, I'm not sitting here trying to sway anybody's opinion. But I do strongly believe CPS needs to GTFO the country. Or they need to really re-evaluate how they handle interfering in someone's life, because honestly if I see a mother smack her child on the butt with a hand (no objects) I honestly would not even bat an eye but there are those who would. Well CPS has to investigate every tip, regardless if they think it's a load of crap while real abusers they never get around to cause they're loaded with BS CALLS (I actually know people who've quit the job because of having to investigate calls that they felt were stupid, ie. hitting on a butt with a hand over top of clothing)
But this is totally way off topic from the thread and I have took up too much space about it, sorry to the OP.

I still stand by the first post I posted on an airline a child's ears will hurt, but if you know how to remedy it, chances are the crying will stop. Simple solution, but instead, no let's ban children. Let's force them to take the train or bus instead, how much better that would be, lol 12 hours of a cranky, sweaty, tired kid in a close tight irritating space instead of two hours, makes perfect sense...NOT!
edit on 29-7-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Hi,

A few years back a rule was applied in Denmark. YOU cannot touch your children but they can touch you.. redicules.

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by pikestaff
I can remember, years ago (I'm talking geological time here) where a parent would say to a crying child" stop that, or I will give you something to cry about" it very often worked, shame it does not work these days.

Not even that. At the very least take the screaming kid outside or away from people. They wont even do that anymore. I sat in a movie with some kid screaming a few rows down for over half an hour. The "adult" just got louder and louder along with the kid. Naturally while on the phone with another person discussing the childs behavior.

That's easy - just summon an usher, and have them tossed out. I have taken my kids to many movies (all child-appropriate), and never had an issue. Baby fusses? Gee, I missed some of the movie. Older, they knew better than to be loud. I have ven told other kids to shut up, that parents had sent in alone, or at least seated alone. Made it plain they would NOT see the rest of the movie unless they were quiet. Most of the time, it's not kids that are the issue in theaters, though - it's rude ADULTS. Talking loudly after the movie starts, texting on their cell phones, etc. Most will shut up when asked, a few, I actually did threaten to have kicked out.

Unless we can ban rude people, no one should be talking about kids. They are usually far better behaved, in my experience.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
I dearly love my grandaughters but I absolutely refuse to take them any place that dosent have the menu on the wall with pictures of the food; in an environment that is totally covered with formica.

I dont expect people to bring their kids to a place that I have taken my wife for a nice evening.

As a business traveler and as far as airplanes go - I truly think they would be more comfortable strapped to the wing.

When I take my grandaughters on a trip I rent a minivan. Stay in McHotels and eat at McRestaurants.
edit on 28-7-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

So, your grandchildren don't deserve a good meal, or a nice environment? My children can go almost anyplace I do, with no issues. Always been the case. No R-rated movies, because the kids don't need to see them. No bars. Restaurants? Sure, any place. Children aren't animals, and can learn good manners IF taught. If treated as inferior, they will act inferior.

Personally, I think all these "no kids allowed" people should remember that the world doesn't involve around THEM, and that ALL people in this society are as important as they are.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187
reply to post by minettejo

You're offended that private businesses want to ban kids under the age of 6? Well, I'm offended when some lazy parents lack of discipline ruins my nice evening out. Kids that are well behaved are unfortunately very much the minority in today's society. Most kids are wild, unruly, rude and obnoxious because they have "parents" who are more focused on being "cool" and being there friend more than a parent. In many families the children do as they please while the parents ignore the resulting noise and chaos. If you have a child who is well traveled and well behaved then your child is not the one the rest of dread see coming but your well behaved child is such a rarity that we have are somewhat in disbelief.

Children don't NEED to be at an upscale restaurant.

edit on 28-7-2011 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

Maybe you should find some other location? I almost NEVER see kids out of line in restaurants. Can't, in fact, recall the last time a child was an issue. Can recall plenty of rude, loud adults, but no kids. My kids WILL eat in any decent restaurant I choose to take them to, and one that denies them, simply because they are children, will have a major lawsuit, and major bad publicity.

I wonder how many of the "no kid" people here complained about no smoking laws.....

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by looming

if it's true that the baby i saw is affected by the hostility in our patiently waiting to speak to eachother, then I apologise profusely.

Attitude. You were patiently waiting on the outside but on the inside you were annoyed as hell. Babies pick up on this. Read the post by jadedAndcynical where he says the following:

When I am working a shift and there is a screaming baby (these are the worst) I always go and deal directly with the child.

You see? And what are his results?

and most of the time this stops them dead cold and they start smiling or will maybe just stare at me and wonder who in the world I am.

You have to understand that the problem may lay with the parents but the one feeling the MOST uncomfortable in such situations is the baby. For that reason alone I can't understand the crying of so many people in this thread...as if they were never babies themselves...?

but it's nice to know there's people out there who will pretend that screaming next to your ear is normal. it might come in handy when i grow old and insane

Your brain is hardwired to drop everything and react to the crying of a baby. Evolutionary thing. That's why you feel so annoyed. There is a reason you react to the crying.
edit on 29-7-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by yourignoranceisbliss

What? There's nothing "stuck up" about paying for a drink and expecting to be able to enjoy it in relative peace.

Relatively speaking it is. There are places that don't allow kids, why do you feel you must go into a place where families come and drink alcohol? Because you're paying? Well guess what, the family is paying as well!

Explain to the business owner, when his customers are all gone, how all of them must be too "stuck up" to come to his place, because he allows screaming kids in.

That is a logical fallacy if ever...how can all of his customers be gone if he allows families in?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by doctornamtab

You know your local babysitter now runs about 15 dollars an hour now? Some even 20 or more. Which is part of the problem.

Not to mention how hard it is to trust these days. How many babysitters have molested the kids in their care? Or smoked dope on the job, etc.? I was VERY careful about sitters, when I didn't have a teen around of my own to do the job. Grandparents? My parents are both deceased. My grandkids live 1400 miles away. Besides which, we ALL enjoy a nice dinner out, and the kids behave. One of mine didn't once, and it was a LONG time before hw went out again. Learned that lesson fast! Besides, as stated before, it's adults that I see causing issues, not kids.

Remember a tim I did go out with just the hubby, leaving the kids with their older brother. Some stupid group behind us was shouting their entire conversation the whole time they were there, laughing so shrilly you could have heard them outside. We were about to complain, when they got up to leave. That, of course, was delayed by one friend showing up at their table, standing beside OUR table, to talk too loudly to them for several minutes. Adults, every single time. Probably the same kind that complain about the kids here.....

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

When I am working a shift and there is a screaming baby (these are the worst) I always go and deal directly with the child.

Nice! That's exactly what I'm talking about when I say that babies pick up on the situation. More often than not babies start crying when there is too little attention paid to them....because they're babies for crying out loud!

Thanks for your reply.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187
reply to post by minettejo

It sounds like you did a great job at raising your children. Unfortunatly parents like you are the minority today. As long as the parents are making a genuine effort to control their kids (removing them from the situation if they act up), I'll give them a pass. The thing that gets me is when a child is screaming, running around, etc. and the parent does nothing about it. The reason these rules are cropping up is that the majority of parents do not bother to discipline their kids anymore and good parents such as yourself suffer the consequences.

When will you be petitioning to ban those parents? Those are the same ones that will text through a movie, talk loudly at their table in a restaurant, etc. The kids aren't the problem.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by joyride0187

that's what i thought!

but no!

every dirty look i gave her she screamed louder! lolololol!!

i got to find that vid, it was on my old phone. i sent it to my wife. truth, it was about 2 yrs ago.

i work with disabled kids and never seen anything like this from them.

So....you work with disabled kids, and believe giving a screaming child dirty looks is going to make them quieter? Seems to me you contributed to the issue.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by Aeons

This has nothing to do with hate or destruction. It has to do with discipline and respect for others. If you ask people my age I bet 95% will tell you they were spanked at one point in their lives. According to some on here that means that 95% of us should be murderers and thugs. It has been proven time and time again that an undisciplined child will do as they please. I will never be on the same level as any child under 18...NEVER! They are not mature enough to be on my level. When I was young you were taught to respect your elders. You were taught not to interrupt conversation. Children should be seen, not heard!

Kudos to those who are tired of unruly spoiled brats! Now if we could only do the same for their parents! I know, each establishment should have a sign that states:

"Unruly children will not be not tolerated. Should your child disrupt patrons at this establishment, you will be charged a public nuisance fee of $50!"

Great idea, IF we can do the same for adults without kids that disrupt the dinner of others! Seen far too many of those to leave them out!

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join