It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The No-Kids-Allowed Movement is Spreading

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

I think it comes down to a combination of 3 things:

- The Kids: Lack of discipline has left them without respect, but children only mimic what they see - and when we have kids raising themselves while parents are slaving away or numbing themself with substances what can we expect.

- The Adults: Have forgotten what being young is like, they force kid's to grow up too fast and lose patience and tolerence for them quickly - IMO this also be caused by people growing up in 1/2 child familes and not being accustomed to having kids round - kids have always been brats, a certain amount of tolerence should be expected.

- The Corporations: Don't seem to understand that people are not their property, they exist primarily to support our life, not us living to support their needs. I think they are trying to change the world to suit their existance and not realising we have more rights than any of them.

My Conclusion: The world values are flipped upside down, corporations having more rights than people is leading to people negecting their families and finding way to escape this reality when they are not working.. ultimately leading to a negative cycle that will be past on generation to generation unless things change.
edit on 29-7-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

Hear ! Hear ! Doctornamtab... Same problem here in u.k. Have to say though, it's the feckless parents with poor parenting skills who need a kick up the a - - e. I blame the level of distractions. Recently, in a local restaurant /pub, there were two adults with two small children. ( You're not going to believe this ! ) Both adults were sat next to each other, but facing away from their partner, playing with their mobile phones. Both children were playing with portable electronic games... I despair...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

i hate when im in a store or in line for something and parents are yelling just as loud as their screaming babies. they need to learn how to control their kids. I do disagree with airlines banning little kids because sometimes people have to travel with their little babies.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I think it should be a businesspersons' right to disallow children their services. I think a businessperson should have the right to disallow services to anyone they choose for any reason they choose unless their service is required for said customer's survival. After all, it is their property and or their services.

With that said, I'd like to just say that all of you, who think it's okay to hate on children because they cry or act unruly, really disgust me. Children should be adored for their childish behavior. Let them be joyous and carefree while they still can. Once they get older most of them will learn pain, suffering, and responsibility and grow into hardhearted #holes just like the rest of us - don't rush them into it and spoil their childhood.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
If ever I saw a group of assholes that forgot they were ever kids, it was in this thread.
edit on 7/29/11 by TokiTheDestroyer because: Mods: If nothing than for the sake of truth, leave this post alone.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

I know that...but a rant is that just a rant. I have never personally met anybody that didn't act the same way as the so called man I dealt with my friends husband does the same thing to her it's all shoved onto her when he is home he doesn't move from the couch he makes her do everything and tote the kids along on top of it. But I don't hate all men, but When I do get out of this relationship when the kids are all 18, I am not going to be involved with them, but hate is too strong a word. I don't really hate them, I just won't associate with them anymore.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TokiTheDestroyer

Just because your 3 years old , by this age you can understand what i want , doesnt mean you can scream , be loud , or do what ever you want too. Kids are losing respect for their parents and need to be spanked. I believe in Spankings AND groundings.

If you associate pain with something you arnt suppose to do , then you probably wont do it again. If you do , youll get spanked again , and grounded. If you keep acting bad ill send you off to a Juvenile camp in a heart beat.

Discipline and Respect gets far , and you instill it young as my farther did me ..... however im pretty sure they wont get tree limbs to the their backs like my farther , none the less this hand / belt will meat some backside.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Kids have gotten worse over time. The sugar cereals, the no physical punishment (spanking).. and other things have created very loud obnoxious not well adjusted creatures.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Thank you for being a perfect example of my post.

ETA: so you are pro capitol punishment with children, even more reason for me to disregard your words.
edit on 7/29/11 by TokiTheDestroyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I am pro capital punishment. But not abuse. So what, would you rather deal with screaming brats? My cousin raised her kids with no capital punishment, I never seen such heathens in my lifetime they were the worst kids I have ever seen to date. CPS destroyed this country. Why do you think Amish kids are so well behaved? It's because they recieve a good smack on the butt when they were misbehaving. Of course I didn't know they smack a child that's under a year old that is certainly not codoned behavior and that I would consider abuse. But you must be a CPS worker. Yeah coddling the children is working out so well, society is an exemplary example of this.

Good Lord I hope you don't have children. If you do, than your kids are probably some of the screaming yammering disorderly kids that the people on this thread complain about.
Fortunately they don't irritate me as much as most people on the thread, what irritates me more is the nanny state telling me to coddle my child even though the little bastard puts his sister's head into a ceramic bathtub causing stitches. Yeah I shoudl coddle him so next time he can kill his sister. Yep makes perfect sense to me. Then he can act like a zoo animal in public so that he disturbs everyone.

I never understood this mentality. If what was going on the past 50 years was working (IE government interference with raising children) worked so well, then why has instances of crime among the young gone up so extraordinarily?
edit on 29-7-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

edit on 29-7-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

I must say i'm no fan of (very young) kids in airplanes myself since they tend to cry your ears out the entire trip. But imo if you have a problem with that, dont use an airplane.

The anti-kid "movement" is a natural result of families of 2 where both would-be parents have to work a fulltime job to make ends meet, can't afford/have time to have a kid themselves.

Working as intended by the globalist population culling agenda.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

It's good to see you haven't the slightest idea what you're taking about.
As a matter of fact I do have a child, much to your chagrin, and he is one of the most well behaved children you have ever seen and I, nor my wife, has ever struck him for any reason whatsoever.

Now that I have rendered your argument false and a grasp at straws at best, I do offer my condolences to any children who may have had the unfortunate coincidence of spawning from you.
edit on 7/29/11 by TokiTheDestroyer because: Mods: Leave it the hell alone

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the no kids allowed movement.

Why should I be subjected to your kids whining, screaming and moaning when I"m trying to enjoy the world. Heres a clue for all you parents out there: Your kid is not special. There I said it.

Now smack him upside the head when he messes up, praise him when do actually does something worth praising and quit trying to be friends with your kids...that happens when your kids are adults. Your kids are kids, deal with it.

What cracks me up is all these parents (my friends included) who try to rationalize with kids, they try to explain to them why they can't eat rat poison or drive the car. They're kids! They're stupid! Their brains aren't even ready for rationality until middle school. Punish your damn children, dont treat them like they're the judge at your parenting trail.

The no spanking movement has created a generation of American kids who are obnoxious and lack self discipline.
Heres a secret: its ok to hit your kids. Theyre kids. Not pricelss ming vases. I'm talking punishment here, not abuse and yes theyre different things.

(disclaimer: not all parents and kids are like this but, it seems, terrible parents and children are EVERYWHERE!!)

i shouldve read the first page instead of replying, this kinda hits the nail right on the head if it comes down to my personal feelings about this deep inside.

Damn political correctness. Yet i do think that even this has been planned ahead. More division = easier control.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Well your way worked for your kids my way worked for mine, my point is nobody has the right to tell anybody how to raise their children. It is not abuse to swat their butts especially if they injure another child, in fact most importantly when the injure another child. My children are very well behaved if a little mouthy, but they got that from me and I never disciplined them for mouthing off or being outspoken, they only got a swat if they hurt each other or a friend physically, if they did something like throwing a tantrum they simply got disincluded for a while from family outings usually staying with the sternest (meaning no tv no computer, etc) family member and had to do chores instead. They love me very much and they are very well behaved in public. I never said swatting them was the end all be all to every mis behavior ever never even implied it.
Now I am being forced off my computer by the "other half" or I will be sure to have my computer broken so I will return tomorrow.

PS you were just lucky, Apparently your kids personalities weren't natural heathens that did bodily harm to anyone/

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
It's pretty amazing how quickly things have changed. I was the kid getting his ear twisted in the store, grounded at home, sent to my room for an hour, or occasionaly spanked. That was 20 years ago, and it seems discipline no longer exists with todays children.

Loud, noisy, screaming kids really are everywhere. On a daily basis my neighbors let their kids run wild, just screaming their heads off, running around disturbing the neighborhood, in the evening. That crap wouldn't fly when I was a kid. I was told, "kids are to be seen, not heard". Everywhere we went as kids, we knew how to act, and not make a scene, because we knew the punishment.

Now parents don't parent at all. Not every one of them, but it appears the majority. But it goes beyond the parenting, and doing your child a disservice by not teaching him manners and how to act in public. It's also a complete lack of common courtesy towards all the other grownups your child is disturbing. No wonder kids don't respect others. The parents devalue the meaning of respect themselves.

It also truly is everywhere, across all parts of society here. The worst are the suburban, well-off, stay at home moms. Their children are menaces, and the moms almost act as if they can't be bothered with disciplining their child.You see it in good neighborhoods and bad. The nicest restaraunts and Taco Bell. Movie theaters and church. The grocery store and the health club.

The worst, and most rediculous aspect of all this, is the reaction when you confront one of these parents. I've done it a couple times, gone up and told the parent to either act like a halfway decent parent and police your child so he's not disturbing the entire restaraunt, and we can all enjoy our meal, or I'll have to talk to the manager. The response is surprising. They act like you're the problem, discipline doesn't exist and they have no choice in the matter, or that they're just kids being kids. Even when confronted, it's never anything the kid is doing wrong! It's never little Jonny's fault.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I will say here what I sent to you in U2U, a truly good parent has no reason to strike a child.

ETA: Sorry if I come off rude but, you pushed my button.
edit on 7/29/11 by TokiTheDestroyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I also feel bad for the kids who do behave. It's the other kids, and their parents who'll ruin it for them. It boils down to parenting, and establishments actually kicking out children who are disturbing other patrons. But even if businesses step up, and were to be more strict going forward, there's too many public places where these brats will just act up anyway, because the parents are basically teenagers with mortgages.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Just a thought from a parent here...

The relationship and bond between human parents and their children is - among a few other things - the reason for our continued existence at the top of the food chain on the planet and our successful existence.

If we don't invest in our future, and instead prefer it to "shut the hell up and get out of the way" - where are we going as a species?

XL5

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I stopped reading at page 7 so it may have been covered but, Cpt. America is not directed towards children under ten, kids do like super heros sure. Watch men was about superheros and I really wish they didn't give it any kind of ratings, that way, parents would learn to THINK and I would get a good show as all the parents leave in disgust and then blame some one else lol. I personally was shocked when I saw Watch men, but in a good way and I was 30 at the time. Children should be watching Sponge bob if they are the type that misbehave as every one who is there KNOWS its going to have talking kids. IMO if movie theaters still had ushers or people just walked out when people were talking (cell phones/kids/teens) and demanded their money or tickets back, things would change. Movie's for kids are the only movies no adult has a right to complain when kids are being kids. I saw a mother storm out of Bad santa with her kids, it was one of the best parts of that movie.

I still remember being a kid and why I was being a brat and how I felt at the time. It was when I was lied to, by omission or any other dirty tactic. When at the mall, Mom would say, if your good you'll get a toy. So as we are right near the exit and heading out, I would remind her and she would claim that she said you "may" get a toy. So I invoked the only weapon I had and even if the whole world knew what the problem was, they couldn't turn back time to see the lie and even if they could, what could they really do anyway? I felt cheated. The only time I got spanked, I knew why and I knew I deserved it, I would have traded more spanks for being lied to and cheated.

Some kids find this powerful weapon of adult punishment and go nuts with it for no other reason then boredom or some non-valid reason, that can not be fixed with a healthy discussion, there needs to be punishment. If there is a valid reason, then a discussion may work as long as its indepth and not so dumbed down that no real information passes.

Kids will listen to stern/angry people who they don't know but most parents won't have any of that even if they are at their wits end. IMO Sgt. Hartman verbally punishing a kid who is acting out for no reason would work and would be a joy to watch, even all the adults mimicking the child would work. The problem is, the parents CAN ignore, other people can not, even if they have children them selves as they probably have well behaved children.

Its like when people in well to do areas have cars with squealing brakes, its the owners fault for riding the brakes and being deaf, every one knows its not their responsibility to fix it or even to tell the owner whats wrong. Most of the pain from something like this is knowing that the person responsible for it is ignoring it.

That said, there is a time/place for kids, the bar at a "family restaurant", high end restaurants, movies meant for 14+ and things like that should have a strict code of conduct for kids, otherwise they get told to leave. Banning does seem too strong for airplanes and the store but sometimes the parents need a good spank but they should lift the ban at some point and try again.

Its too bad adults don't have as much freedom when we protest

edit on 29-7-2011 by XL5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
My thoughts on the matter can be found here on my blog:

Disciplining Children: What Happened?

I personally feel that you do an injustice to your child when you take them out someplace, give them sensory overload, and then let them pitch a tantrum, scream, cry, kick, and act possessed. They're called the terrible twos for a reason and I don't feel the need to witness it. Movie theaters are no place for a tired or wound up kid. Adult restaurants are no place for a bratty kid. I purposely avoid kiddie movies, kiddie restaurants, and kiddie parks. Those are the places you should be taking your kid to acclimate them to being in public and around other people. If your child can't behave in a place built specifically for her (McDonald's playground, animated movie) then you shouldn't bring them to places without those distractions. The kid's going to get bored and act out.

I don't dislike kids. I just dislike that so many parents turn a blind eye and pretend they don't see little Bobby Sue trying to channel the devil at ear splitting octaves.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join