It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The No-Kids-Allowed Movement is Spreading

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

Im a senior in highschool I have never smoked weed even thoguh thats all they do around me. I have never killed anyone, not have I ever commited a crime. I do not have to have fears beaten into me. I am no one's "dog". I do not pick up where my parents left off. I live my life how I live it and I do not need discipline to take me there. Its sad that the older parents think the only way to get to their kids is to beat them. Anytime I was beat, I continued to do the same thing. Up to this day anytime I am punished for something If I feel like doing it again I will do it. I do not need discipline to know to not put my hand on a flame, or to not eat the glue, or to not jump off of the roof. I have common sense. Do you really think children are compareable to primates?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31
reply to post by Zamini

So one persons decision to have children should be a burden shared by others who either dont want to or dont have the option.
A person wanting to enjoy a quiet drink with a friend suddenly becomes 'stuck up' because the expected conditions of their local are not being satisfied.

When you make a mayjor decision in life you have to expect a paradigm shift.
Would you be offended if you were asked to leave a library because your baby is noisey? If you can stay then maybe the teen with the loud music should be allowed to stay?
Would you take your child to a place that is unsuitable to the child like a UFC match or a strip bar?
But its ok to take them to a place that is unsuitable for everyone else?
Very selfish, or maybe 'childish' might be a better term.

Mothers, accept that your life has changed and deal with it. The rest of us had no part in your decision to have a kid. Not our problem.

And that doesn't sound too sexist...how about the man take responsibility and let the woman go out once in awhile without a child strapped to her... this is why I tell women never get into a committed relationship and never ever let the SOB talk you into procreating with him unless he agrees to these terms meaning BOTH take responsibility and both get their breaks. But still men are just completly selfish why should our life change and not the man's. This is why I hate men, that is one group I would discriminate against. UGh...self righteous men, I can't stand them you made the damn kids too why is it the woman's place to be left out?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by mr10k
reply to post by 2012srb

If you were my parent you wouldnt be conscious to think about what happens after the first hit. Im not some little slave that can be thrown around and I dont care that they are my parent I shouldnt have to be forced into doing things I wouldnt want to

Well, if they are forcing you to do something that is legal, and expected of a child or member of your family then you should be doing it.

The West has had many years of prosperity, and in some parts of the world, children have to begin labor before they reach their teens. At the very minimum, they may be expected to take major roles in the house.

No one should "force" anyone into doing something. I am tired of being expected to doing this and that. Im tired of being punished for doing things that I shouldnt be punished for. All the older generation thinks is "Oh I need to beat him/her because they did this/that". I came out fine and all I did was started grabbing the belt when I was 9. Anytime she would try to hit me, I'd grab it at the right moment, stare at her, and trhow the belt on the floor. Do I really need to be beaten that bad to "eat my greens", or to "do my homework"? If I choose to throw it all way, I can. If I choose to be the best, I can. Simple. I shouldnt be beaten in order to conform, I am not a slave

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I wonder if we will have a future with all kids growing up socially retarded because they have to stay at home...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I have a 22 month old son and we only take him to loud restaurants like cheesecake factory or buffets (we live in as Vegas). He is a good kid, but he can easily be disruptive and destructive. It is easier for all of us to just blend in or stay home. Some parents don't care about others I realize, they suck

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
i will not be spending my dollars in any of these buisinesses discrimination is discrimination.
i can understand why kids aren't allowed at the liquor store or adult bookstore but banning them at a grocery store
come on now thats just stupid. i would shop at an over priced whole foods store anyway. what about parents who dont have money for sitter or one is not available their money no good because they decided to procreate. sounds like a bunch of people who aint getting none are just being whiny get over it children are the future crap on them now and in fifty years its going to flip places will be banning all the smelly old people think about it

So true. You know what, for all the miserable children-hating people commenting on this thread, try treating kids with a little respect, instead of inconvienent little afterthoughts. It's amazing the results you're going to get. I would wager most the uncontrollable "brats" people are referring to actually have parents beating them and talking nasty to them, doing everything these "armchair" parenting experts are telling every parent they should do, what an irony!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Let's ban children from going to play grounds too. Playgrounds are just too noisy. Better yet, let's dismantle the play grounds so they don't even exist, and parents start keeping their little ones indoors. The neighbors next to you may not want to see or hear your little one, so let's stop taking kids out in public all together until they are 13 years old.

Let's ban these children from going to baseball games, too. I mean why does the world need children anyway? They are a nuisance that should be kept in the basement.

Ok let's be realistic. I have a child. I taught my child how to behave. I still don't take my children to movies that are for adults. I don't take her to restaurants that are seemingly quiet and more adult oriented, and I use sound judgement on what's right or wrong. I realize that there are tons of parents who don't take control and use any authority.

But let's NOT blame the children, blame the parents. Or better yet, blame the govt and cps for sticking their noses in and telling parents what they can and cannot do with their children. No, I'm not saying I'm all pro beating your kids and being abusive. But I have nothing against a swat on the behind when it's called for. My parents spanked me and I turned out a respectful moral adult. I spanked my child once, only once. I haven't had to spank her again. She knows how to behave. I can go places without worrying about what is going to happen or if she will act like a caged zoo animal.

I'm NOT for this no kids allowed movement. What I AM for is parents taking some control of their children and teaching them how to act properly. I'm for parents learning that they shouldn't take their children in some places and using good old common sense.

What do we have now? More people telling parents what to do with their children. Parents will never learn how to be parents.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I agree that there is definitely a lack of discipline these days. However, you can spank a child to keep them in line all you want, but that does NOT guarantee that they will be perfect angels wherever they go. Kids will be kids. If you have such an immense problem with children or just wish to have some quiet time, you should probably stay at home or go to adult-only places. Complaining about babies crying is pure insanity.

Of all the annoying things one will encounter while out in public, screaming babies & kids are definitely at the bottom of my list. There are MANY things I wish not to be subjected to while out in public- immature teenagers, loud obnoxious "adults", hearing people having arguments on their cellphone, people who use vulgar language, couples with their tongues shoved down each other's throats, people with bad hygiene etc. I have had much more (what was meant to be pleasant) time ruined by these things than by children & babies. The reason I now go to the drive-in instead of the theater is because of obnoxious, immature teenagers. There was a time not too long ago when my family went into a restaurant and there was no one else there. Soon after we sat down, a large group of about 20 gang members came in and got a table. Throughout our time eating, we had to hear them loudly discuss the hierarchy of their gang. Naturally, their presence ruined the privilege of peacefully enjoying a meal. I felt tense and anxious the whole time.

Yes, people are right in complaining about the lack of discipline and authority kids have these days. BUT, no matter where you go, you can't expect perfection and you certainly can't demand everyone behave according to your wishes. There's no doubt that narcissism and an anti-child view play a role in people's intense anger at children's behavior in public. People are anti-child because when they see children, they see responsibility....and we all know too many people are anti-responsibility these days. Most "adults" these days refuse to even take full responsibility for their OWN behavior.

The point is - THE WORLD DOESN'T REVOLVE AROUND YOU.
edit on 29-7-2011 by Charmed707 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
So many people here are forgetting they used to be a child once upon a time.

It's typical of todays me me me society. You people should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Where the discrimination lies is against parents of children who do not trust other people to watch their children, OR parents of children who simply do not have anybody to watch their children.

I am a full time father and primary carer my wife works 60 hours a week. My children are usually extremely well behaved, although on occasion they decide not to be, just like adults. I live 200 km's from any family and we do not know anybody who we would trust to baby sit them.

These kinds of rules are discriminatory against people in my situation. They don't really effect me, however If i wanted to visit these sorts of places they would prohibit me not just my children.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RoyalBlue

Ever taken a gander at some of the child free communities online? There's some real black hearted child hating people on there. They call babies "sprogs" and mothers "moos". And they spend a great deal of their time posting about how much they hate kids, and how other people's children ruin their poor lives. These people derive much pleasure in bashing innocent children, and loving only animals.

Scary people.

Tell you what though, any business that goes anti kid, I'll never spend a dime in there again.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Ldyserenity

Whoa!!!! You managed to read a lot more into that then I ever intended to be there.
For starters, How do you even know what sex i am? I could be a hermaphrodite for all you know!

Oooops I accidentally used the word 'Mothers' instead of 'Parents'

AND, you didn't actually refute any of my statements you just insulted half the human population and piqued the curiosity of any psychologists in the audience.

All I managed to glean from your rant is that you think you hate men,(which is, ironically enough, VERY sexist) some guy has messed you up and you have resulting commitment issues.
edit on 29-7-2011 by Raivan31 because: To be clearer as to intended receiptiant

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charmed707

Yes, people are right in complaining about the lack of discipline and authority kids have these days. BUT, no matter where you go, you can't expect perfection and you certainly can't demand everyone behave according to your wishes. There's no doubt that narcissism and an anti-child view play a role in people's intense anger at children's behavior in public. People are anti-child because when they see children, they see responsibility....and we all know too many people are anti-responsibility these days. Most "adults" these days refuse to even take full responsibility for their OWN behavior.
edit on 29-7-2011 by Charmed707 because: (no reason given)

I totally agree with your assessment here...and this is someone who hated kids all through growing up and I can honestly say, I didn't want the responsibility of children. Then I grew up.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k

Im a senior in highschool I have never smoked weed even thoguh thats all they do around me. I have never killed anyone, not have I ever commited a crime.

Good. Hopefully you can keep it that way.

I do not have to have fears beaten into me. I am no one's "dog". I do not pick up where my parents left off. I live my life how I live it and I do not need discipline to take me there.

Having fear beat into you is far different than a swat on the backside like I'm referring to. I in no way condone someone beating their kid like a dog. You do need discipline to get somewhere in life. To get that education, to have the drive to get that job, nice house and car, or things you want you need to discipline yourself to get there.

Its sad that the older parents think the only way to get to their kids is to beat them.

I agree. There are better ways to get kids to straighten up and fly right. Spanking should be a last option.

Anytime I was beat, I continued to do the same thing. Up to this day anytime I am punished for something If I feel like doing it again I will do it.

That's just bullheadedness, you'll grow out of it.

I do not need discipline to know to not put my hand on a flame, or to not eat the glue, or to not jump off of the roof. I have common sense.

Discipline and common sense are two different things.

Do you really think children are compareable to primates?

Not at all. Children are just smaller versions of us. My hope is to mold mine to be better than myself.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

Wow! Interesting, thanks. I'll have to do some research. I didn't know about them, but sadly it doesn't surprise me. You're right, really scary deprived people....

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31
Whoa!!!! You managed to read a lot more into that then I ever intended to be there.
For starters, How do you even know what sex i am? I could be a hermaphrodite for all you know!

Oooops I accidentally used the word 'Mothers' instead of 'Parents'

AND, you didn't actually refute any of my statements you just insulted half the human population and piqued the curiosity of any psychologists in the audience.

All I managed to glean from your rant is that you think you hate men,(which is, ironically enough, VERY sexist) some guy has messed you up and you have resulting commitment issues.

Just most men are absentee parents even when they're still in the household. Yes I went on a rant...because you said "Mothers" I wish for a world one day where there are no women...and just totally test tube babies and men would have to do it all (or face extinction)that would be justice. I think too many men are self absorbed. And that's ALL of the ones I have met. So there I admit it I ranted and based on my experience Men suck. I would rather be surrounded by a million snakes than one man. That's the truth.
edit on 29-7-2011 by ldyserenity because: spell & add

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by White Locust
I have a 22 month old son and we only take him to loud restaurants like cheesecake factory or buffets (we live in as Vegas). He is a good kid, but he can easily be disruptive and destructive. It is easier for all of us to just blend in or stay home. Some parents don't care about others I realize, they suck

I agree. I get angry when I pay $10 to go see a film on the big screen, cause I want to enjoy a night out with the husband without the kid. And here comes a woman pushing a stroller with a baby, toddler, and a pre-schooler for a film like The Fourth Kind. When the babies cries and the kids are screaming cause they are terrified, she just gets all nasty with the kids and tells them to shut up. These are the sort of parents that disgust me to no end.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoyalBlue

Wow! Interesting, thanks. I'll have to do some research. I didn't know about them, but sadly it doesn't surprise me. You're right, really scary deprived people....

I used to post on a parenting forum way back when my daughter was a baby. And the child free people would invade the board and troll there. I got to warn you, the stuff they post is incredibly disheartening. It's hard to see people such as this with that world view. But it exists and it's out there more and more it seems.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Could you provide a link I am feeling like a good trolling would serve them well...lmao. Sorry but that is just deplorable. They have got to be some retards on there. I once filled out to rent a place online and the landlord started spewing about breeders I said wait a minute I am a breeder I have children hence the reason I need a three bedroom and then they still wanted me to send the check for the first and last month rent...I told them to shove it. I didn't think I wanted to rent from such an obviously predjudiced landlord, plus they wanted the money sent out of the country to the UK...I knew right there it was a scam and they were just going to take the money and had no real property to rent.
edit on 29-7-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Just most men are absentee parents even when they're still in the household.

That works both ways. There are a lot of women out there not in the picture. I know an ATS member that has his kids because the mother isn't the right person to be doing it. One of those kids aren't even his biologically but he has raised him as his own. My brother has his son because the mother is a drugged out floozy.

While you may hate men keep in mind women can be just as absent.
edit on 29-7-2011 by Simon_Boudreaux because: typo

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Ldyserenity

I am genuinely very sorry for whatever you've been through, BUT, I was not the guy responsible.
I have helped to raise children that were not only not my children but were concieved by my girlfriend when she cheated on me!
If I were anymore understanding id be processing myself into soilent green to feed the worlds starving.

I have never cheated on a woman.
I have never ran out on a responsibility.
I have risked my own life on a few occasions to save other people's children.

whoever messed you up is a turd but it wasn't this turd.
I'm just a guy who likes to get what I payed for at the cinema.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join