It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The No-Kids-Allowed Movement is Spreading

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Actually I read the news release about Malaysia Airlines when it was released weeks ago and was practically jumping for joy! I applaud them for this decision. Did you read where they had come to this decision based on customer complaints about children in business class making it all but impossible for anyone to enjoy/sleep during the flight?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
Yeah well, I have a strict policy at my house, anybody who owns a business or works in a place that doesn't allow children are not allowed in my place, if they don't want them in their business then I don't want them in my house because they obviously don't respect my children. In fact I would never be friends with someone who had this kind of policy.

And just as a business owner is allowed to not cater to irresponsible parents who have no consideration for others, you too are free to not cater to people who you dont like.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I said that before, too. That was my weapon of choice in another post and someone replied that was child abuse.

They're certainly welcome to their opinion, but the good thing about 'pinch and twist' is that it's not violent and doesn't make a scene, it's very controlled delivery of pain, depending on how hard you pinch and/or twist. When done in conjunction with staring them in the eyes, and speaking sternly yet quietly through gritted teeth works great for me. Busy bodies like that aren't attracted to the scene cuz there isn't one.

edit on 28-7-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by IceFlower
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

I have re-read all revelant posts and have concluded that you my friend are a complete idiot who has no recollection of what she has previously typed, the position she has taken, and is one that resorts to fantastical ideology to support their all but incomprehensible positions.

Cheers!

Then quote me.

What`s funny, is if you took a moment to clam down from your bizarre and baseless assumptions, you would see we both agree on this issue. Why you are ignoring this in favor of attacking me is beyond me.

We BOTH agree that business should be free to not cater to irresponsible parents. In fact, I was defending your position, when i pointed out Aoens was being absurd by saying you and I `hate children`and are `dead end losers`.

edit on 28-7-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessica6

Originally posted by Zamini
So what about the kids who are quiet and behave themselves in an exemplary way?

Guess discrimination is the in thing now.

I agree. I always thought it was wrong when school teachers did it and I still think it's wrong now. Everybody should NOT be punished for the transgressions of the few. It is the few who should be punished.

Kids are a part of society and should be treated as such but as a society we have become way too tolerant of obviously #ty parenting. It was common when I was a kid (in the 70s) for random old ladies to scold ANY kid they saw misbehaving in public.

Now the culture is 'my kid my business' and usually the worst parents are the ones that take the most offense to strangers 'interfering'.

Perhaps a bargain - businesses allow kids, but only on the condition that if they misbehave the staff have the right to verbally correct the child, and if the parents object, buh-bye.

That is done to public school kids since preschool. Thus, the children are brainwashed early on to accept having things taken away from them when someone else does something wrong.

i.e.: Guy in next town goes on shooting rampage. The anti-gun legislature enacts another law/bill/act quickly that affects all gun owners or those wanting to become gun owners. Everyone then has more hurdles to endure to exercise their constitutional rights then they did before.

I used to spank my child when she misbehaved in public. What kept happening? Someone would call the law on me. That is what often happens nowadays when a parent disciplines the child. Parents are scared of being labeled a child abuser and having their kids taken.

And it can happen to any parent, no matter how good and loving that parent. When the government wants to take a child, the workers will nitpick, exaggerate, and lie about conditions in order to remove the child(ren) from the home. Then the parent(s) have to jump through lots of hoops just to even see the children. Often, even if the parents do everything demanded of them, especially if the parents are impoverished, the parents will lose the kids for good anyway. And the parents are forever on a child abuse registry, often for petty things, which affects what kinds of jobs, etc the parents can get.

You think that having a few dirty dishes in your sink for a little bit after lunch is not too bad because you'll wash them in a bit? You better hope that CPS doesn't show up during that time, or you will lose your child(ren). They will make the situation seem a whole lot worse than it is, and the judge will rubber stamp the removal of your kids. It happens to good, normal parents every single day.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Exactly, we live in a society, with all kinds of people. Children are also people, like you said. If they want things their way, they can get some land and move out to the woods where there will be all the peace away from kids they can handle. Otherwise, in the city, as long as it's not a venue in which minors are not permitted, they have no right to "ban" children.

Indeed these people are also example of who should never be allowed to breed, if they cant handle someone else's kid making noise then they could never handle children themselves. I imagine they would beat their unwanted children. If they want to pass a law that bans kids we should pass a law that bans them from reproducing.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
reply to post by 2012srb

If you were my parent you wouldnt be conscious to think about what happens after the first hit. Im not some little slave that can be thrown around and I dont care that they are my parent I shouldnt have to be forced into doing things I wouldnt want to

Well, if they are forcing you to do something that is legal, and expected of a child or member of your family then you should be doing it.

The West has had many years of prosperity, and in some parts of the world, children have to begin labor before they reach their teens. At the very minimum, they may be expected to take major roles in the house.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Yes, but My home isn't a place of public business.
Private property is totally different than a business...but they're just making their own doom. I don't care to eat out anywy, as I could prepare plenty of better food that would put those chefs to shame anyway. Thank God anyway my kids are grown and this was never an issue back when they were younger. We enjoyed a lot of family meals out at all types of retaurants upscale and children oriented alike. I just feel that a lot of kids are going to miss out on a lot now because of these ridiculous policies. How is a child ever going to learn about proper manners and eating/social interactions in an upscale establishment if they're barred from going there? They are going to be taking their dates to Mcdonald's and BK and probably end up lonely losers and the population will decline because nobody knows how to have a "REAL" meal in a nice place or manners for that matter, if they're not exposed to it, they'll never strive for it. They'll be content to eat a big mac and a shake over a date and the chicks aint diggin that believe me.

edit on 28-7-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I have - more than a few times - you choose not to recognize that fact. Whether we are on the same 'side' or not is no longer the point. You, for whatever reasons, felt the need to bring Bush into the matter. As far as I am concerned, that you did this only lowers your credibility. It was unnecessary and uncalled for. It was a benign conversation about unruly kids up to the point that you needed to discredit someone by pointing out the "Bush............" Senseless really. But whatever, if that's what you need to do - who am I to stop you.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
. No worries, the people wont stand for it especially us parents

Actually, MANY people in this thread in favor of this are parents. I am. To pretend this is about parent svs non parents is inaccurate and disingenuous. Also known as a lie.

Besides sooner or later class action law suits, age discrimination will end up costing these businesses.

No it wont. Business are free to not cater to irresponsible parents.

The "we hate children" child abusers will be exposed.

Again, attempting to characterize anyone you disagree with as a "we hate children child abusers" is just silly.

LOTS of parents dont agree with you. You do not speak for all parents, and your understanding of `discrimination`law is woefully lacking.

edit on 28-7-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

reply to post by IceFlower

Where i come from we don't call that violence, we call that freedom of expression

I might add this has made the top 5 most ridiculous concept threads i have ever read in all my years. No worries, the people wont stand for it especially us parents. Besides sooner or later class action law suits, age discrimination will end up costing these businesses. The "we hate children" child abusers will be exposed.

Be my guests

edit on 28-7-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

You sound like a younger parent. A product of the last generation, no doubt. Punching a manager of a restaurant, because you don't like their policy? As if he himself set that policy up to piss you off?

Are you still a teenager for christ's sake? Definitely the "wah wah waaah" attitude I would expect from the last generation of pill-addicted excuse-me-I-have-a-disorder types.

Tell me, what is your excuse for such a stupid reply? You have ADDHD and cannot control yourself when faced with a situation you don't like?

Here's hoping you OR your kids don't end up on the 10:00 O'clock news like Jared Laughner did.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Private property is totally different than a business...but they're just making their own doom.

You really dont know what you are talking about. A business can have stipulations on what kind of customers come and and when. Businesses near schools often have rules about how many kids come in at one time, and for how long, etc. It`s perfectly legal.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The children basher's are not problem solvers

I mean really how often do you go out and have a meal ruined by screaming kids? Where are they eating? Chuck e Cheese? Showbiz Pizza on family night?

Problem: ohhhh noes this screaming baby is ruing my flight!

Answer: ask the stewardess for ear plugs 0r head phones' THEY HAVE THEM!

Problem: i cant eat and chew this here steak while that kid is screaming!

Answer: get up and move or get the balls to ask the parents/child nicely to please be quiet.
You know communication does go a long way. And not all us parents bite, just some.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Indeed these people are also example of who should never be allowed to breed, if they cant handle someone else's kid making noise then they could never handle children themselves

The fatal flaw in your asinine theory though, is that many who support this DO have kids. Myself included.

. I imagine they would beat their unwanted children. If they want to pass a law that bans kids we should pass a law that bans them from reproducing.

Yes, anyone who disagrees with you is a child abuser. That seems to be a popular sentiment in this thread.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

reply to post by IceFlower

Where i come from we don't call that violence, we call that freedom of expression

I might add this has made the top 5 most ridiculous concept threads i have ever read in all my years. No worries, the people wont stand for it especially us parents. Besides sooner or later class action law suits, age discrimination will end up costing these businesses. The "we hate children" child abusers will be exposed.

Be my guests

Bring It A****le - What kind of neanderthral are you?

edit on 28-7-2011 by IceFlower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Private property is totally different than a business...but they're just making their own doom.

You really dont know what you are talking about. A business can have stipulations on what kind of customers come and and when. Businesses near schools often have rules about how many kids come in at one time, and for how long, etc. It`s perfectly legal.

Yes so I am going to start a business tomorrow and say no blacks or latinos allowed. So how do you think that'll go for me?
edit on 28-7-2011 by ldyserenity because: add

ETA: Just using as an example I'd never really personally do this, I choose not to discriminate against anyone, just trying to make a point.
edit on 28-7-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Yes so I am going to start a business tomorrow and say no blacks or latinos allowed. So how do you think that'll go for me?

ETA: Just using as an example I'd never really personally do this, I choose not to discriminate against anyone, just trying to make a point.
edit on 28-7-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

Can't compare entire races vs children who are not in full control of themselves. Honestly.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by yourignoranceisbliss

But I have the right to, right? I mean maybe I want to cater to only one race, who should stop me? Maybe it's not that I don't like them or they're disruptive, but maybe my clients don't so, voila...I have the right because my clients want to go to a place where everyone looks like them. Same difference exactly, if you can't see that then take the 2 x 4 out of your eye, before telling me to remove the splinter from mine.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I love my kids and grandkids. I like kids in general. But there is something to be said for a no kids environment once in awhile too. Not trying to insult anyone, just stating what a lot of us feel - I think.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Actually, MANY people in this thread in favor of this are parents. I am. To pretend this is about parent svs non parents is inaccurate and disingenuous. Also known as a lie.

How do you know the folks that are claiming to be parents being FOR this are really parents? Isn't that an assumption? For all i know they are not. Most people i know whom are parents would call BS on this concept. Because they eat out with the kids a lot.

In you calling me disingenuous and a liar just shot your credibility to hell

Besides sooner or later class action law suits, age discrimination will end up costing these businesses.

No it wont. Business are free to not cater to irresponsible parents.

WRONG again, if a family enters a building then they act unruly children or parents then they have a right to deny service. However under the grounds of age discrimination with said policy you CAN be sued.

The "we hate children" child abusers will be exposed.

Again, attempting to characterize anyone you disagree with as a "we hate children child abusers" is just silly.

LOTS of parents dont agree with you. You do not speak for all parents, and your understanding of `discrimination`law is woefully lacking.

There are all kinds of abuse in this case it is called abuse of rights.

LOTS of parents don't agree with you! And I am willing to bet there are more of them then the ones who want to undermine their own children's rights to dine. You claim lot's of parents re for it then prove it! I am calling your bluff. I never said i speak for ALL parents i said i am speaking as a parent. And my understanding of discrimination certainly is not lacking.

FEAR THE CHILDREN!

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join