It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The No-Kids-Allowed Movement is Spreading

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
GOOD.

Maybe it will actually motivate these poor excuses of parents to get their kids in check.

I'm a professional dancer/choreographer, but I also teach at studios on a daily basis.
Going on my 6th year.

OHHHHH THE STORIES I COULD TELL.

I will share some later- but I'm actually about to head up to my studio to teach right now (fortunately the group I have today are some of the good ones, and absolutely ADORABLEEE! =D )

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I dearly love my grandaughters but I absolutely refuse to take them any place that dosent have the menu on the wall with pictures of the food; in an environment that is totally covered with formica.

I dont expect people to bring their kids to a place that I have taken my wife for a nice evening.

As a business traveler and as far as airplanes go - I truly think they would be more comfortable strapped to the wing.

When I take my grandaughters on a trip I rent a minivan. Stay in McHotels and eat at McRestaurants.
edit on 28-7-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
So what about the kids who are quiet and behave themselves in an exemplary way?

Guess discrimination is the in thing now.

well they aren't the problem, are they.

maybe with some sweet talking you could get the kids in a private room?

what part of "no kids" do you want to argue with?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

When my child was an infant we travelled in business class because coach is no place for a baby. Have you ever tried to nurse a child, sitting in coach? I have and it is darn near impossible. So we upgraded to business, and we were both so much more comfortable. She cried a bit, and I got some horrible looks, but on a 6.5 hour flight, she cried less than half an hour total. In coach she probably would have screamed the whole flight. My child has as much of a right to travel as my mother does. I think instead of banning babies in first class, airlines should have a family class cabin for parents with kids with chairs available for nursing. That way everyone is happy.

As far as restaurants and such go, if you don't want kids around, have dinner later. If I want my child to experience nice restaurants and learn how to behave I have to take her. I can tell you though, not too many parents have their young children out after 8 pm, so make your reservations then if you dont want to be around children.

Children are everywhere, we kind of need them to survive as a species, so suck it up buttercup and smile indulgently at the little tots and remember they will be deciding your future.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I have two boys, one a teenager. Since they were babies, we taught them how to behave in public. Even when they were 8 or 9 and we would see some kid acting up in public, they would say "what is wrong with those parents? They need to get their kids under control". They don't like it anymore than I do! Spare the rod, spoil the child. My kids KNEW if they acted up what was going to happen. They also know I don't threaten. If I tell you to do it, then you had better do it, PERIOD! I hate when parents go 1...2..no! Tell them. If they don't obey then let 'em have the punishment. It doesn't have to be a spanking. Time-out, grounding, etc. all work just as well. But the point is, you need to CONTROL THEM!!! With my kids, you get one chance. I don't repeat myself, and they know it!
edit on 28-7-2011 by haarvik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by minettejo
As far as restaurants and such go, if you don't want kids around, have dinner later.

That doesnt work anymore.

I've been out to 3AM and still had wonderful parents dragging their kids to shows, movies, diners, restaurants, just sitting on stoops, etc...

Exposure to screaming kids and inconsiderate "parents" has become a 24 hour ordeal.

Who the hell takes their 3 year old to a 2AM R rated horror movie? A lot of people that's who.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
In the animal kingdom, if the 'kids' step out of line they usually get bitten until they pull their heads in, I quite often bite mine, and have no problems taking them out in public either.
I offer friends to leave their kids with me for a week, they never do, I just don't understand it?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

what part of "no kids" do you want to argue with?

the "no kids" part.

It's awkward. Sure, there are certain places that are not designed for children. But planes? Aren't these business class travelers rich enough to afford a pair of headphones to block out the crying from their perfect worlds?

Seems extremely awkward to me.

Kids now, people who speak later, people who look a certain way, etc.

It's like we're going back in time.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by minettejo

You're offended that private businesses want to ban kids under the age of 6? Well, I'm offended when some lazy parents lack of discipline ruins my nice evening out. Kids that are well behaved are unfortunately very much the minority in today's society. Most kids are wild, unruly, rude and obnoxious because they have "parents" who are more focused on being "cool" and being there friend more than a parent. In many families the children do as they please while the parents ignore the resulting noise and chaos. If you have a child who is well traveled and well behaved then your child is not the one the rest of dread see coming but your well behaved child is such a rarity that we have are somewhat in disbelief.

Children don't NEED to be at an upscale restaurant.

edit on 28-7-2011 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Kid's really do need a spanking now and then. Spank them, not abuse them, let them cry, then tell them why they got spanked. I know someone who was going to spank his son, and the son picked up the phone and said he would call 911 to report child abuse. WTF? My dad would have whooped even harder if I tried to pull a stunt like that. Im actually glad I was spanked as a kid, teaches discipline and respect.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
I have two boys, one a teenager. Since they were babies, we taught them how to behave in public. Even when they were 8 or 9 and we would see some kid acting up in public, they would say "what is wrong with those parents? They need to get their kids under control". They don't like it anymore than I do! Spare the rod, spoil the child. My kids KNEW if they acted up what was going to happen. They also know I don't threaten. If I tell you to do it, then you had better do it, PERIOD! I hate when parents go 1...2..no! Tell them. If they don't obey then let 'em have the punishment. It doesn't have to be a spanking. Time-out, grounding, etc. all work just as well. But the point is, you need to CONTROL THEM!!! With my kids, you get one chance. I don't repeat myself, and they know it!
edit on 28-7-2011 by haarvik because: (no reason given)

Hahah YES! Children, like pets, need to fear their parents a little. I spent a good amount of my childhood grounded and I"m a better person for it. Sometimes weeks and months...but I knew who was in charge...MOM! I would have rather fought a grizzly bear than disobey my momma!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

I tried to enforce the "no-kids" rule at my house.

My 8 year old veto'd that one and sent me to my room.

Seriously? It would have never been an issue if parents raised their kids better.
Now look at the results.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Agreed. My ex always said I was rather draconian with the kids, but I tell you what, they have turned into respectful and upright adults. I never allowed misbehaviour in public places.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187
reply to post by minettejo

Children don't NEED to be at an upscale restaurant.

edit on 28-7-2011 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

Yeah its totally lost on them anyway. Why spend $40 for your kid to not like his salmon tar tar, asparagus with goat cheese and souffle. Go to McDonalds and Denny's if you want your kids to eat. Or, heres an idea, spend that $40 on a babysitter and go out with out your kids?

Do parents even get babysitters anymore? Why can't grandma take the kids for two hours while mom and dad go to a nice restaurant.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sbc650mike

oh helllllll nawww!

What is this- SOUTH PARK?!?

Someone call CEASAR. N-O-W!!!

GET YOUR DEMONIC HEATHEN SPAWN IN LINE PARENTS.

Un-freakin-believable

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

hell sometimes we didn't get a countdown!

i had a kid scream at the top of her lungs for 5 stops on the train.

we were on the express and it took 15mins.

she was right next to me, standing in the middle of the train. she was about 5 or 6yo.

i took a vid on my phone, gotta find it.

i had a seat and it was late and i didn't have the energy to kill her and her family and all the witnesses.

they didn't even try to stop her!

the little sweetie was doing it for spite, we locked glares so i know!

she was white too, why is that relevant? chinese kids don't do that here.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab
Do parents even get babysitters anymore? Why can't grandma take the kids for two hours while mom and dad go to a nice restaurant.

There are no family units anymore. Grandma is either in a home because she was a burden to the parents swingin' hip lifestyle or grandma is the sole provider for the child while mommy runs around looking for another man to take care of her after the "baby daddy" took off.

For a while I thought it was normal for kids to live with their grandparents and not know where their parents were because that's how every house within 10 blocks of me was set up. Never knew where daddy was. Mommy was a phone conversation once in a while and grandma did all the feeding, clothing and raising of the child.

This is the new modern family.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
There are a couple of 'Estates' on the Gold Coast where children are not welcome, this is nothing new really.
I don't think it's cool, but then I don't have to live there either, couldn't afford it even if I did.
Fancy not hearing kids laughing and having fun with their families?!
How boring! I have no idea who I would be without my four mongrels.....Ahem!! I mean angels

AND incidentally, IF we're going to spend $30-$40 bucks a head minimum, for a main (at an okay restaurant) the owners can bloody well tolerate all they get from my kids, I've paid for the right, haven't I? Don't they want the money? Are they so comfortable with their finances they don't need my moola?
Good thing I can cook like a demon and I'm tight

Actually the last time we all had a great meal at a very nice restaurant there wasn't any change out of $350. Probably the last time we as a family 'resturanted'. Can't justify that amount at all, good thing I didn't know about it till the end.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join