It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The No-Kids-Allowed Movement is Spreading

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

WOW - and I thought we were talking about kids in restaurants.

Who knew?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kiara
It amazes me how the west thinks of kids and how you think it is okay to divide generations apart from each other. Kids on their own, teens on their own, adults on their own, elderly on their own.

I am friends with a lot of people from Eastern countries. I don't mind their kids at all actually. In fact, one day I was eating with a large family and I was stunned by how well behaved the kids were. They were keeping the parents in line actually...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

As a teacher, I can tell you that 99.9% of ADHD cases are totally bogus.

Undisciplined Brat just doesn't roll off the tongue quite as well.

Attention Deficit? Yep. Hyperactive? You bet.

THEY ARE KIDS!

That is the very definition of a child!

Next, they'll be diagnosing them with Large Skull and Eye disorder.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

I have re-read all revelant posts and have concluded that you my friend are a complete idiot who has no recollection of what she has previously typed, the position she has taken, and is one that resorts to fantastical ideology to support their all but incomprehensible positions.

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

Not that we can afford it, but I believe there needs to be different teaching styles, for the different learning styles. Seems that the system as it is is geared more for the learning style of girls. I know very few girls diagnosed ADHD, but just about every young boy these days is. I think they need more hands on learning, to keep their focus, since I believe biologically it's harder for boys than girls to pay attention to lectures...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

We judge other parents until we are parents ourselves.

I can't agree more.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IceFlower

I was replying to the OP which was about airlines.
It's not like everybody has flown and maybe they don't know about the pressurization and the effect it has on infant ears, which are very delicate...and it is common knowledge for most intelligent airline operators and flight attendants, but they won't intervene because they weren't trained correctly in what is called "Customer Care". I don't know why that is, but a lot of friends working for airlines have made the remark that they don't know how the airline industry survives because it has the LOWEST rating for customer care than any othe industry out there. And it don't look like it's going to be getting better for them any time soon.

If you managed to read any of the ACTUAL OP you would have read this:

In June, Malaysia Airlines banned babies from many of their first class cabins, prompting other major airlines to consider similar policies.

edit on 28-7-2011 by ldyserenity because: Edited to add

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

That is why I consciously chose to teach Art.

Not only can I teach every other subject through it, but I can teach every learning style.

I have maybe two discipline problems all year, because they all know that I am there to support their learning, on an individual level, and I expect hard work and great things from each and every one of them.

And you know what?

They deliver.

Clearly defined boundaries, and high expectations.

They thrive and I still have kids from my first year teaching who call me to this day.

'You can't blame the youth.' -Peter Tosh

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
I can't remember a time when my kids were acting up in public, and didn't listen when I told them to get it together, otherwise I'd grab a good hunk of skin on the inside of the arm, and do what we call the 'pinch and twist'. They're 9 and 10 now so it wasn't super long ago. There are ways to bring the pain, without making a big scene. On the flip side, I can't really remember a time when I remember being in a restaurant or wherever, and having my time ruined by somebody else's screaming kid. Maybe having kids, and animals (2 australian shepherds, they're just like kids), etc. you learn to tune it out....
edit on 28-7-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

I said that before, too. That was my weapon of choice in another post and someone replied that was child abuse. Just look at what this government has turned everyone basically into a child abuser. It's ridiculous. I fully agree with you! I haven't had this problem at restaurants either. I did have the problem on a plane and I told the parents if they have a bottle made, to make the baby suck on it and they listened, most often they are only too happy to have someone help when they feel powerless to do antyhing because they don't know what's going on with the child.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Well if i take my kids to a restaurant "who are well mannered" and they tell me my kids cant be there because of a policy then... can i talk to the manager then "BAMPF"

Somebody is getting punched in the face

I will not allow my children to be stripped of the right to attend a family outing/meal because of the poor parenting of someone else. It is bad enough children sit at home in front of a TV/video game/computer and lack social interaction. Children are people. I can understand a 6 even 10 hour flight with a screaming baby is unwanted. But where do you draw the line? Me thinks this "movement" wont last. Or you will have to deal with parents like myself ...don't mess with my children. I don't care what non parents think "you were child at one time as well" it is just part of life. I mean really find something more productive to protest, maybe educate these people on how to discipline kids. Maybe ban the parents from crapplebees or the theater's? I see where those tea party nuts all went. This hate mongering sound up the isle of the Westboro Baptist Church or something.

edit on 28-7-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

There is a restaurent in the Pitts., Pa area that just banned children. They interview adults and the noise was the factor.I do not agree with this raising three children myself.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 2012srb

If you were my parent you wouldnt be conscious to think about what happens after the first hit. Im not some little slave that can be thrown around and I dont care that they are my parent I shouldnt have to be forced into doing things I wouldnt want to

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughnready
reply to post by joyride0187

There is a restaurent in the Pitts., Pa area that just banned children. They interview adults and the noise was the factor.I do not agree with this raising three children myself.

Whether you agree with this or not it is ultimately the owners decision who he choses to serve and who he does not chose to serve. If he chooses adults only, go to Chucky Cheese. The owner is most likely doing what the majority of his clientele would like him to do. If the majority says "we don't want kids around" - that is the owners right to exclude them from service.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Yeah, I did excellent in art, I loved it. But, math, and such, forget it. I tried to pay attention, I really did. But you can't really absorb anything when you're using all your energy to try and focus on something you simply do not find interesting...and the moment you relax at all, your mind wanders and next thing you know you just missed a portion of what you're supposed to learn and come back into the lesson lost. ADD isn't an excuse for failure or misbehaving, but it certainly is real when it comes to actual learning.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Then go to a place where you are welcome, don't try to force the issue with violence at a place where children are not welcome. The choice is yours whether you choose to engage in violence because you opt to visit a restaurant that does not accomodate children ...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k

Originally posted by doctornamtab
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the no kids allowed movement.

Why should I be subjected to your kids whining, screaming and moaning when I"m trying to enjoy the world. Heres a clue for all you parents out there: Your kid is not special. There I said it.

Now smack him upside the head when he messes up, praise him when do actually does something worth praising and quit trying to be friends with your kids...that happens when your kids are adults. Your kids are kids, deal with it.

What cracks me up is all these parents (my friends included) who try to rationalize with kids, they try to explain to them why they can't eat rat poison or drive the car. They're kids! They're stupid! Their brains aren't even ready for rationality until middle school. Punish your damn children, dont treat them like they're the judge at your parenting trail.

The no spanking movement has created a generation of American kids who are obnoxious and lack self discipline.
Heres a secret: its ok to hit your kids. Theyre kids. Not pricelss ming vases. I'm talking punishment here, not abuse and yes theyre different things.

(disclaimer: not all parents and kids are like this but, it seems, terrible parents and children are EVERYWHERE!!)

The generation I am in does not like being hit. I want to kill my mom anytime she threatens me or tries to hit me. Sorry, But if you can hit me, B*** i can hit you back.

Ahahaha....you're from Generation "Win". There are no losers in Generation Win, just self-entitled brats whose parents never had the backbone to teach them the harsh reality of life.

I wish I could be there to see the look on your face when you're hit hard in the rear by reality. No mommy and daddy to cushion you.

link   
Yeah well, I have a strict policy at my house, anybody who owns a business or works in a place that doesn't allow children are not allowed in my place, if they don't want them in their business then I don't want them in my house because they obviously don't respect my children. In fact I would never be friends with someone who had this kind of policy.
This of course doesn't apply to where children shouldn't be due to LAWS like you know bars liquor stores, etc...etc.

link   
reply to post by mr10k

Do you really believe adults do only as they wish?

You are in for a very rude awakening young man.

Good luck and take my advice; keep your mouth shut and your ears open.

You have alot of learning to do yet.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Exactly, we live in a society, with all kinds of people. Children are also people, like you said. If they want things their way, they can get some land and move out to the woods where there will be all the peace away from kids they can handle. Otherwise, in the city, as long as it's not a venue in which minors are not permitted, they have no right to "ban" children.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by IceFlower

Where i come from we don't call that violence, we call that freedom of expression

I might add this has made the top 5 most ridiculous concept threads i have ever read in all my years. No worries, the people wont stand for it especially us parents. Besides sooner or later class action law suits, age discrimination will end up costing these businesses. The "we hate children" child abusers will be exposed.

Be my guests

edit on 28-7-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join