It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The No-Kids-Allowed Movement is Spreading

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozotheclown
reply to post by joyride0187

Did you ever think that parents are not allowed to do what it takes to control their kids. Especially in public. If a parent so much as raises their voice to a child these days it some idiot will accuse them of child abuse. Gone are the times when a parent or a teacher could disipline a child with out fear of reprisal. Hence out of control kids everywhere. It is not just the parents fault it is societies fault.

That`s nonsense. Screaming and hitting your kids is not how you keep them from acting like jerks.

This is a non-issue. Businesses are free to say they dont want children (an easy way for them to say they dont want PARENTS who can`t keep their kids under control, or remove them from a situation when they get OUT of control.

Yes, I`m a parent. Yes, I hate those parents who dont have the will or ability or desire to keep their kids under control.
edit on 28-7-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
reply to post by Aeons

Right, Aeon, you speak for ALL parents, and anyone who disagrees with you doesn't have kids, and hates kids. Great argument. You should have worked for the Bush Administration. Everyone who disagrees with you is a terrorist!

WTH is your liberal problem?

How is Bush even involved in this?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bozotheclown

Its societies fault that you don't tell your kids to behave?

I have never seen anyone even raise an eyebrow at a parent who tells unruly kids, with the mommy/daddy 'voice,' to cool it.

I applaud such parents.

I back them up.

If you lay down rules in a controlled, unemotional way, and follow through with whatever you threaten, these kids will get right in line.

I often have more control over these types of kids than their parents do.

A kid will live up to your expectation of them, whether they are high or low expectations, 100% of the time.

The problem arises when the only thing parents want are for their kids to get out of their hair, as if they can't be bothered.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Yep - after a respite of you neo-victorians, I've decided I like my kids WAY more than I like you.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by scaredlady
reply to post by Aeons

If your comments are directed to my post, I'd just like to say that I wasn't saying anything about adults being discriminated against. I only meant that the parents of these children are accusing us of discriminating against their kids specifically. That is not the case. It has nothing to do with hating kids. It simply about quality of atmosphere if we are paying high prices to dine in a nice restaurant and can't even carry on a conversation over the loud screams of a child.

Then speak to the management.

Most of the damn time my children are fine, I'm in a place where children are utterly appropriate, and I'm getting the look of death from people who are eating at a restaurant that hands out crayola because they can HEAR my children speaking.

You cannot imagine how freakin' tired I am of having to moderate my children AND the adults around me because the adults are idiots. I tried accomodating death-stare people, and the people inhabiting this thead. Noone has tried harder than I have. It isn't enough.

Nothing is enough, because the problem isn't that the children are being children, or that they are uncontrolled. The problem is that these people HATE children, and they are making it into a socio-political cause, and I'm tired of accomodating them.

I bet you have trouble controlling your children. If your attitude and tendency to over-react were passed down to your children, which I believe is likely, then you're probably getting those death stares for a reason.

Of course, irresponsibility is the source of all finger pointing, and I can see no irresponsibility coming from people who enter a restaurant and expect a quiet, serene, relaxing dinner. Rather we see you blaming everyone else but yourself, indeed not even your children are possible culprits for your feelings of being discriminated against by fellow restauranteurs. That right there indicates a high level of irresponsibility, which I'm sure your children will inherit. Good luck raising monsters. Just be sure to blame society and not yourself, for how they turn out. Gotta stay true to character.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Still pretending everyone who you disagree with hates children and is a `dead-ender`

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
My parents taught me discipline and respect and I did receive a spanking when the situation called for it. And l do the same to my children. But understand that the crying baby and their parent are free to be there just like your free to leave.

Now parents bringing their kids to bars and establishments meant for adults need to be spanked just as much as an unruly child. And I am not sure why people bring babies on airplanes, but they do.

And I am all for private companies banning kids as I have the right to ban them as well. It is called freedom of choice people. If you are offended by the local grocer not allowing kids in the store go somewhere else to shop. People need to start speaking in languages that businesses understand, money. And then maybe these giants corporations wouldn't get the idea that they can screw over whoever they want.

Funny enough here is a story from where I live that happened last year, a lady and her baby go into a baby store to shop, the lady starts to breastfeed her baby the manager ask's her to stop. The lady PAYS for her purchases and leaves the store crying...lol, she then had the nerve to want to boycott the store. Truth is why would anyone want to boycott the store if you; the offended party, still gave the store your money.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Although I admire the movement, I highly doubt that it will inspire people to discipline any better any time soon...And also because i am a social worker I must advocate on behalf of the autistic and aspbergers children that cannot control themselves well. Should they have to sit at home? We could just cater to these types of "alternative" families with Family Dining Hours or something like that...Although there is much to be said about Staying our asses at home and eating as a family...but I won't go there...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The thing I should note about this topic.. Is a small story..

I was once sitting in a place having food.. I think it was a breakfast place. There was a kid acting up. No surprise there. The surprise? When the father actually quieted his child and handled the situation responsibly.

Which is about the only time I have ever seen that happen in the past 10 years of my life. The rest of the time they pretend they can just ignore it away.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by IceFlower

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
reply to post by Aeons

Right, Aeon, you speak for ALL parents, and anyone who disagrees with you doesn't have kids, and hates kids. Great argument. You should have worked for the Bush Administration. Everyone who disagrees with you is a terrorist!

WTH is your liberal problem?

How is Bush even involved in this?

`Liberal`? No. I was merely comparing Aeons absurd tact of trying to pretend that anyone she disagrees with in this thread is a `Dead-ender`a `loser`who ``hates children`*. The comparison is apt, because Mr. Bush also liked to pretend that everyone he disagrees with was some sort of monster, simplifying the debate into absurdly comical proportions.

*All direct quotes form her posts in this thread

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

[The comparison is apt, because Mr. Bush also liked to pretend that everyone he disagrees with was some sort of monster]

This is completely inapporpriate - not apt. As I do not care to hijack this thread and reduce it to a political he said/she said - I will leave it at this -

Your comment is more telling than you think - and certainly not in a good light.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Today kids are given more rights than their parents. Not only is scolding your kids or smacking them on the behind in public considered abuse, perfect strangers have the audacity to confront parents and voice their opinion against it! Walk into any classroom in the U.S. and observe how the lack of discipline at home has created a generation of self-centered, rude, disrespectful and out of control teenagers.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Well said friend, well said.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the no kids allowed movement.

Why should I be subjected to your kids whining, screaming and moaning when I"m trying to enjoy the world. Heres a clue for all you parents out there: Your kid is not special. There I said it.

Now smack him upside the head when he messes up, praise him when do actually does something worth praising and quit trying to be friends with your kids...that happens when your kids are adults. Your kids are kids, deal with it.

What cracks me up is all these parents (my friends included) who try to rationalize with kids, they try to explain to them why they can't eat rat poison or drive the car. They're kids! They're stupid! Their brains aren't even ready for rationality until middle school. Punish your damn children, dont treat them like they're the judge at your parenting trail.

The no spanking movement has created a generation of American kids who are obnoxious and lack self discipline.
Heres a secret: its ok to hit your kids. Theyre kids. Not pricelss ming vases. I'm talking punishment here, not abuse and yes theyre different things.

(disclaimer: not all parents and kids are like this but, it seems, terrible parents and children are EVERYWHERE!!)

The generation I am in does not like being hit. I want to kill my mom anytime she threatens me or tries to hit me. Sorry, But if you can hit me, B*** i can hit you back.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by IceFlower

I am not making this partisan. Are you saying you agree with Aoens claims that everyone she disagrees with hates children and is a `dead ender` a a`loser`(her words)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Again, scolding your kids in public has never once merited a call to social services.

That is complete hyperbole.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

How old are you?

My guess is less than 16.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

You are the poster child for modern America.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Hence why your generation does not have the minerals to be outstanding adults. There is a reason you cannot control yourself and want to hit your mother back. Your also from a generation that expects everything to be handed to them or given away for free. No work ethic, no discipline and no manners.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

The generation I am in does not like being hit. I want to kill my mom anytime she threatens me or tries to hit me. Sorry, But if you can hit me, B*** i can hit you back.

The funny thing is, is that your mom might be refraining from hitting you. When you step out into life, you won't be surrounded by people with such restraint.

Remember that.

Better to be beaten at home than to be beaten by someone who has no attachment to you ...sometimes.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join