It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The No-Kids-Allowed Movement is Spreading

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indecent

Originally posted by IceFlower
reply to post by Indecent

It is the owner's right to serve whom he/she see fit.

It is not for you to decide.

In that case, I do not understand why the OP made this thread. If that is the case, then the owner's can just throw out the kids right? Since children are not fit to eat in public with their families. You realize how stupid that sounds right? Are people in the United States that pampered that they absolutely CANNOT eat dinner because of a kid screaming? Trust me, it happens less often than not. There's nothing to complain about, just some butthurt middle class who feel they're entitled to more than the rest.

Your butt might hurt over this - I cannot attest to that. "then the owner's can just throw out the kids right?" - This is the point of the thread. Some children are fit to eat in public because their parents care enough to not be an imposition to other diners. We in the US are not pampered - we are fed up. Trust Me - it happens more often than you care to acknowledge. It happens so often that restaurant owners feel the need to ban unruly children in order to KEEP their businesses thriving. Of course it is not the child's fault, the blame lays squarely on the parents who refuse to control the child.

Although I am sure in the UK, the parents of the unruly child will be promoted as heroes, the complaining victims made out to be the criminal and subsequently locked away for a few years. That is how the justice system works there, no?

We here in the US solve things simply, owner does what's best for his business - regardless what whining liberal parents have to say about it.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
I take great joy in knowing that one day, you people will be gone and your ideas will die with you.

You first

edit on 28-7-2011 by IceFlower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I take great joy in knowing that one day, you people will be gone and your ideas will die with you.

I also take great joy in knowing that if you have children, your children will feel the pressure of the hate on them from your type, and then one day....they'll go to an event with their children. And at that event, they'll be with a different culture. And they will see how much hate you all have for their children.

And like me, and my friends, in that moment your children will know your mistake. They will deeply suddenly understand the gigantic scar you people are in our culture.

It is only the fact that the last several generations have been so small, that you people think you have some sort of traction. You are an aberration.
edit on 2011/7/28 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

Wow, sounds like you have been "feeling the hate" from people in regards to your children. I have looked after nieces and nephews for extended periods of time and I have no idea what you are talking about.

Also, you are telling everyone that they will pass on their hate to their children or something along those lines...

Are you listening to yourself? You clearly have "hate" issues...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the no kids allowed movement.

Why should I be subjected to your kids whining, screaming and moaning when I"m trying to enjoy the world. Heres a clue for all you parents out there: Your kid is not special. There I said it.

Now smack him upside the head when he messes up, praise him when do actually does something worth praising and quit trying to be friends with your kids...that happens when your kids are adults. Your kids are kids, deal with it.

What cracks me up is all these parents (my friends included) who try to rationalize with kids, they try to explain to them why they can't eat rat poison or drive the car. They're kids! They're stupid! Their brains aren't even ready for rationality until middle school. Punish your damn children, dont treat them like they're the judge at your parenting trail.

The no spanking movement has created a generation of American kids who are obnoxious and lack self discipline.
Heres a secret: its ok to hit your kids. Theyre kids. Not pricelss ming vases. I'm talking punishment here, not abuse and yes theyre different things.

(disclaimer: not all parents and kids are like this but, it seems, terrible parents and children are EVERYWHERE!!)

Your disclaimer isn't going to save your butt...but there are people like you everywhere too...

I agree that children can get on anybody's last nerve...but to attempt to BAN them because they're nothing anymore than a social inconvenience...maybe so called parents and horney dudes and chicks should make informed decisions before bringing such INCONVENIENCES into the world.

Hitting is most definitely not the solution...the solution is don't plow the field until you are ready to raise the crop.

It's called RESPONSIBILITY!
edit on 28-7-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

Parents are worse at parenting their kids these days, so kids pretty much do whatever they want in public. Nobody should have to babysit somebody elses kid when they are out to dinner.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indecent

Originally posted by IceFlower
reply to post by Indecent

It is the owner's right to serve whom he/she see fit.

It is not for you to decide.

In that case, I do not understand why the OP made this thread. If that is the case, then the owner's can just throw out the kids right? Since children are not fit to eat in public with their families. You realize how stupid that sounds right? Are people in the United States that pampered that they absolutely CANNOT eat dinner because of a kid screaming? Trust me, it happens less often than not. There's nothing to complain about, just some butthurt middle class who feel they're entitled to more than the rest.
So, the people who get annoyed by poorly raised kids are pampered and feel entitled more than the rest, but the poorly raised kids and their bad parent aren't? Wheres the logic behind that?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbc650mike
Kid's really do need a spanking now and then. Spank them, not abuse them, let them cry, then tell them why they got spanked. I know someone who was going to spank his son, and the son picked up the phone and said he would call 911 to report child abuse. WTF? My dad would have whooped even harder if I tried to pull a stunt like that. Im actually glad I was spanked as a kid, teaches discipline and respect.

They teach them this in school. Kids don't know the difference between discipline and abuse. To them its always abuse.
There is also the problem of - if you whack your unruly kid in public someone will call the police and you'll be arrested for "abuse". It seems that some so-called adults don't know the difference between discipline and abuse either. It shouldn't be necessary to have to explain your actions to any part of law enforcement.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This is a no win situation for parents.

Many Americans who see a misbehaving child stare on and blame the parents for not doing their job...

Then many Americans who see a parent disciplining the same misbehaving child jump in and criticize the parents and cry foul.

America has the MOST spoiled kids in the world. Why?

Because US parents are scared to death of reprimanding a child in front of meddling bystanders who want to protect the rights of another persons child... When it's really none of their flocking business.

CPS has parents so scared of false accusations that is just not worth the risk to publicly discipline a child. Children are quick to realize this and the result is misbehaving children everywhere.

Most parents do not use corporal discipline in view of meddling onlookers who take it on themselves to be children advocates and display outrage when they witness any form of corporal discipline..

Funny that corporal discipline is not so frowned on in many foreign countries.. And guess what? Not so many spoiled kids.

I would like to ask those who complain about unruly kids if they have ever intervened with a parents rights to discipline their own children?

If you said "yes", then you need to be sent to third class... For being more immature than the crying baby..

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I also take great joy in knowing that if you have children, your children will feel the pressure of the hate on them from your type, and then one day....they'll go to an event with their children. And at that event, they'll be with a different culture. And they will see how much hate you all have for their children.

And like me, and my friends, in that moment your children will know your mistake. They will deeply suddenly understand the gigantic scar you people are in our culture.

It is only the fact that the last several generations have been so small, that you people think you have some sort of traction. You are an aberration.
edit on 2011/7/28 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

We just want people to control their kid's
and not let them scream and cause a problem
in public..

Now your wishing for the day people die an yada yada blah
What is wrong with you hateful people...

Simmer down now..
edit on 28-7-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
no kids bans are super silly and over the top and completely unneeded. ever hear the phrase "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" its just heavy handed to ban all children. i have 3 and never had a problem with any of them. My children respect me and listen to me, always have, rarely and i mean rarely have i had to use corporal punishment.

However i digress, it should remain a case by case basis and all businesses should employ the we refuse to serve you because your child is disturbing other patrons.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
no kids bans are super silly and over the top and completely unneeded. ever hear the phrase "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" its just heavy handed to ban all children. i have 3 and never had a problem with any of them. My children respect me and listen to me, always have, rarely and i mean rarely have i had to use corporal punishment.

However i digress, it should remain a case by case basis and all businesses should employ the we refuse to serve you because your child is disturbing other patrons.

Until they get slapped with a lawsuit for discrimination
by HATE mongering parents who think since they had kid's
they are *SAVING the world from extinction*

They need to get over themselves.

The business needs to have an all kid's ban or nothing.

Have you EVER been to a buffet, they have signs CHILDREN
UNDER 12 NEED TO BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT

The dead beat parents do not follow the sign..

You can pick them out.

They are the HATE mongers who would sue over
their special children..

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

if its posted then and its legal then the business proprietor has every legal right to enforce the policy. i don't see the problem. banning kids is going to cause way more lawsuits than the occasional butt sore parent that gets told to do their job or get out.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This is a side effect of the fantastic parenting that goes on these days. Just look at how fat kids are and how much time they spend with their face glued to a Nintendo DS. Parents don't know HOW to discipline their kids any more.

By the way, no kids are allowed to respond to this post.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by Aeons

No matter what, these people ALWAYS have the right answer. And they are willing to share it.

My children are bright, clean, nice children. Shut Up.

Well, if they are as brash and irritable as you, I don't know how anyone could find them not the most charming little munchkins in the world....

Mother Bear is Tired of grumpy old bears and the stupid young ones. Mother Bear is very irritable, and plans and making sure that the grumpy old bears ideas don't infest the sociey of her grandbears like it is for her cubs.

Get over yourself! Having kids is all about sacrifice.Your life is no longer about you and yourself, but what is best for your child. You can't live life like the care free adult you used to be. Deal with it until your kids are old enough to understand how to act in public.
edit on 28-7-2011 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.

Originally posted by doctornamtab
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the no kids allowed movement.

Why should I be subjected to your kids whining, screaming and moaning when I"m trying to enjoy the world. Heres a clue for all you parents out there: Your kid is not special. There I said it.

Now smack him upside the head when he messes up, praise him when do actually does something worth praising and quit trying to be friends with your kids...that happens when your kids are adults. Your kids are kids, deal with it.

What cracks me up is all these parents (my friends included) who try to rationalize with kids, they try to explain to them why they can't eat rat poison or drive the car. They're kids! They're stupid! Their brains aren't even ready for rationality until middle school. Punish your damn children, dont treat them like they're the judge at your parenting trail.

The no spanking movement has created a generation of American kids who are obnoxious and lack self discipline.
Heres a secret: its ok to hit your kids. Theyre kids. Not pricelss ming vases. I'm talking punishment here, not abuse and yes theyre different things.

(disclaimer: not all parents and kids are like this but, it seems, terrible parents and children are EVERYWHERE!!)

Your disclaimer isn't going to save your butt...but there are people like you everywhere too...

I agree that children can get on anybody's last nerve...but to attempt to BAN them because they're nothing anymore than a social inconvenience...maybe so called parents and horney dudes and chicks should make informed decisions before bringing such INCONVENIENCES into the world.

Hitting is most definitely not the solution...the solution is don't plow the field until you are ready to raise the crop.

It's called RESPONSIBILITY!
edit on 28-7-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

The parents are a social inconvienence - not the child. Ban the parents!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Right, Aeon, you speak for ALL parents, and anyone who disagrees with you doesn't have kids, and hates kids. Great argument. You should have worked for the Bush Administration. Everyone who disagrees with you is a terrorist!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Being both a teacher and a parent, I have enjoyed this debate immensely.

From one perspective, I can completely understand the business owners reasoning.

If I just dropped 30 bucks for a steak at a sit down restaurant, I damn sure don't want to hear your kid screaming the whole time, because if I do, my 30 bucks won't come back.

I also don't want to pretend nothing is wrong while your kid is dropping peas down the collar of my shirt. (this happened to my best friend, hilarious)

But, I would like to think that if my child can act like a human being, then we would be able to eat together anywhere food is served.

These are not mutually exclusive problems.

The actual problem is a fundamental lack of responsibility on the part of parents.

Irresponsible, obnoxious and ignorant of basic social proprieties.

They think its funny when their kids are loud and unruly.

In fact, more often than not, they encourage their kids to act out.

If I have a kid in my class who just won't stop dicking around long enough to concentrate on their school work, I usually don't have to look far for the problem.

There's no changing these folks, they have their mind made up.

So, kudos to those businesses who have the cajones to stand up for decent folks who don't think your heathen kids are as cute as you do.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Great - now you ban me

edit on 28-7-2011 by IceFlower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Who cares? There are a ton of businesses out there that will CATER to parents with children, and make $$$ doing it, if more companies disallow children. It's not a bad thing. And it's not nearly as big a deal as people make it out to be.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

Did you ever think that parents are not allowed to do what it takes to control their kids. Especially in public. If a parent so much as raises their voice to a child these days it some idiot will accuse them of child abuse. Gone are the times when a parent or a teacher could disipline a child with out fear of reprisal. Hence out of control kids everywhere. It is not just the parents fault it is societies fault.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join