It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The No-Kids-Allowed Movement is Spreading

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I don't expect to be pandered to either.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

kudos to malaysia airlines. i don't think people who pay a ridiculous amount to have a relaxing flight want to pay to hear crying babies and screeching children.

as to the question of why children are the way they are these days, well, most children are being born of teenage parents. what does a teenager know about raising kids to behave if they weren't raised to use their heads and use protection?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by IceFlower

And by controlled people here mean - not going to the grocery, asuperhero movie, or Denny's, or Disney. One or two think that some poor woman who is a new mother and tried to go out for a dinner with her husband is the freakin' height of EVIL.

Screw'em. They have no respect or understanding for parents or children, and no empathy. But want empathy from everyone else. When they show some themselves, they'll deserve some.

Can you please quote someone who said kids shouldn't go to Disney Land??

Changing society to suit the needs of the parents who cannot control their children is the height of stupidity.

I fail to see how my response indicated in any way that parents should not go to DisneyLand. Could you please explain your rationalization?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
the finances will dicate this will work for some establishments, but back fire for others. I predict this will fizzle and be a fad, then things will revert back to usual

what will come of this will be pressure for parents to act like parents

I was at applebees a month a go and a family of 7 was seated behind us. I cringed. we were celebrating my 11 years olds straight A report card (go jenny !)

to my delight, the parents gently but firmly corrected the children every time they acted up, and it was a nice meal

And you may rest assured, that someone at another table was thowing them the death stare because the children acted up AT ALL.

link   

reply to post by boncho

Some children aren't as submissive as you are.

Those children are usually children who have qualities of great use as adults.

Teaching your children to respect people who don't respect them is dangerous.

You respect people in public for the same respect back. It does not mean you are submissive or mean that you give a flying crap about those people.

It is simply a manner to present yourself in, and expect the same in return.

That is called civility. If everyone yelled and screamed in public every time they were upset, it would be chaotic. How many people go to the bank wishing they could leave in a tirade? They don't because of civility....

Children that have tantrums grow up in public are more likely to be great adults...? Please link me to examples.

link   
I think any business who wants to cater to adults and no children, is just fine. If they own it, they have the right to choose who and what they want to come in and out of their doors.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hardstepah

Most children are not born to teenage parents. Please, find the statistics that back you up.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I think any business who wants to cater to adults and no children, is just fine. If they own it, they have the right to choose who and what they want to come in and out of their doors.

And clearly, these establishments choose most of the time to have children there because....

Parents spend money.

Malaysia airlines wants to turn away a set of parents who can afford $4000 dollar seat....sounds like some other airline is going to be making and filling some seiously expensive seats.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I'm thinking Aeons doth protest too much!

2nd

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Awesome new rule

I hate being on a plane with a screaming baby that cant handle bad cabin pressure,.
and the brat that kicks the back of the seat for hours..I have pissed off many of parents
telling them to control the problem.
Bummer is it really comes down to stupid parents

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Try the one on the overseas flight that throws up (in addition to screaming) then the parents fail to notify flight attendants. They just let the vomit sit there for 8+ hours. Incredible.

link   
reply to post by Aeons

oh, im sorry for not being so literal. i forgot where i was posting for a second. where i live, 1 in 5 have a child. thats alot. and what i should have said (and meant) is most teenagers are having children at some point in their teens. it has dipped but that only brings it down to 39% of teens.

also it has to do with fathers/mothers not sticking around i would think. it's possible to raise a child well as a single parent, as my best friend has done. but when you have to work 3 jobs to provide and have no father or mother figure in between, it definitely hurts.

link   

reply to post by Hardstepah

Most children are not born to teenage parents. Please, find the statistics that back you up.

Just under a quarter actually, if these stats are right.

"750,000 teen pregnancies annually. Eight in ten of these pregnancies are unintended and 81 percent are to unmarried teens." Read more: www.livestrong.com...

US Live Birth 2009:

2009 4,131,019

link   

Originally posted by boncho
For the people that think their kids should be allowed in every establishment with no exceptions... Is it cool for adults to hang out around your kids school?

Exactly.

They don't want us around them, so why should we want them around us?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

And I get NO respect from people like the one's on this thread.

They walk around the grocery store in a daze, and then when they run their cart into my children, they think my children did it.

My children are faster to get to the slurpee machine, and they act like big freaking babies.

They go to the restaurant with crayons, and turn their nasty faces at me because they can hear my children laugh.

They are annoyed when they go to a kids movie, and find that kids are there.

My children go through a completely natural phase of asking for stuff at the till, and these people comment my parenting - I've literally NEVER bought my children ANYTHING from the till area. Not ONCE.

My kids are FABULOUS. I literally get stopped by people to be told so.

I tolerate more disrespect from these sorts of people than you can POSSIBLY imagine.

Mind your own damn business, keep your damn opinions to yourself.
edit on 2011/7/28 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

the finances will dicate this will work for some establishments, but back fire for others. I predict this will fizzle and be a fad, then things will revert back to usual

I was at applebees a month a go and a family of 7 was seated behind us. I cringed. we were celebrating my 11 years olds straight A report card (go jenny !)

to my delight, the parents gently but firmly corrected the children every time they acted up, and it was a nice meal

And you may rest assured, that someone at another table was thowing them the death stare because the children acted up AT ALL.

Something tells me this happened to you - perhaps for good reason.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hardstepah
reply to post by Aeons

oh, im sorry for not being so literal. i forgot where i was posting for a second. where i live, 1 in 5 have a child. thats alot. and what i should have said (and meant) is most teenagers are having children at some point in their teens. it has dipped but that only brings it down to 39% of teens.

also it has to do with fathers/mothers not sticking around i would think. it's possible to raise a child well as a single parent, as my best friend has done. but when you have to work 3 jobs to provide and have no father or mother figure in between, it definitely hurts.

You should imagine what that poor parent gets when they go to the grocery store with their children, and they must take them with them because they are a single parent, and they need milk, and the kid is tired....and some of these people are in the store.

They make that person's life hell.

link   

Originally posted by IceFlower

Something tells me this happened to you - perhaps for good reason.

Yeah - the good reason was that they saw my children enter the establishment.

link   
reply to post by Aeons

My children go through a completely natural phase of asking for stuff at the till, and these people comment my parenting - I've literally NEVER bought my children ANYTHING from the till area. Not ONCE.

Maybe that's why they keep asking, they're deprived. Sometimes kids need to experience things to realize it isn't the 'be all and end all' in the world. Sometimes letting them have something one time, will let them accept "no" the time they are not allowed to have it....

edit on 28-7-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

And I get NO respect from people like the one's on this thread.

They walk around the grocery store in a daze, and then when they run their cart into my children, they think my children did it.

My children are faster to get to the slurpee machine, and they act like big freaking babies.

They go to the restaurant with crayons, and turn their nasty faces at me because they can hear my children laugh.

They are annoyed when they go to a kids movie, and find that kids are there.

My kids are FABULOUS. I literally get stopped by people to be told so.

I tolerate more disrespect from these sorts of people than you can POSSIBLY imagine.

Mind your own damn business, keep your damn opinions to yourself.
edit on 2011/7/28 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

OMG -

really just OMG

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join