It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The No-Kids-Allowed Movement is Spreading

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tamaransd

Wow! Why would anyone not a kid even want go to overpriced tourist trap childish Disneyland?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by 2012srb
reply to post by silent thunder

Needless to say, we do not all worship at the altar of the great god CHILD.

We pander to them enough as it is.

Instead of pandering to you - which is obviously a much better plan for society.

"For Society'? This isn't a statewide ban or something. It is a handful of businesses. Talk about grand exaggeration.

You have an entire world dedicated to adults. They aren't being discrimianted against. They simply think that any thing their little hearts desire should be accomodating them. Disney. Denny's. Child-Oriented Films.

These are adult children. Real children are the future. These idiots are unlikely to have children, and often they treat their children in such ways if they do have them, that they never become grandparents.

They are societal dead-ends. Changing society to accomodating the dead-ends is the height of stupidity.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Instead of pandering to you - which is obviously a much better plan for society.

"For Society'? This isn't a statewide ban or something. It is a handful of businesses. Talk about grand exaggeration.

You have an entire world dedicated to adults. They aren't being discrimianted against. They simply think that any thing their little hearts desire should be accomodating them. Disney. Denny's. Child-Oriented Films.

These are adult children. Real children are the future. These idiots are unlikely to have children, and often they treat their children in such ways if they do have them, that they never become grandparents.

Right. So everyone who disagrees with you hates children and has none of their own. Bullsnip.

They are societal dead-ends. Changing society to accomodating the dead-ends is the height of stupidity.

This isn't 'changing society'. This is a handful of small business owners choosing to exercise their right what sort of clientele they want to cater to. An claiming everyone who disagrees with you are 'dead ends is a pathetic. Really. Your entire argument in fraudulent.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
My favourite fan is wandering around after me again. I note your worship and appreciate it.

And yes - they are dead ends. Dead-ends pushing every day to exclude children, and are intolerant towards children and parents. I'll gladly call them what they are - adult children looking to bump off the real children. Societal Dead Ends. Destructive Societal Dead Ends. Pointless. Economic - longterm stupidity for businesses, governments, cultures.

Not having children is one thing. Trying to make it so that children are disallowed at the damn corner-store because one beat you to the damn slurpee machine - that's what these people are.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Changing society to suit the needs of the parents who cannot control their children is the height of stupidity.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
For the people that think their kids should be allowed in every establishment with no exceptions... Is it cool for adults to hang out around your kids school?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Originally posted by Jepic
What's up with all the hostility toward kids on here?
Kids are cool man...

I agree...kids are cool. I would like to see restaurants where adults could not enter unless children were with them...how about that!...

And...I would just like to add...some of you ...well...you seem to be haters of children....and that is not cool.
edit on 28-7-2011 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

Hey, what can you do right... We all hate and love different things.
What would the world be if we didn't.

But that would be one restaurant I would definitely visit when I feel chill.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by IceFlower

And by controlled people here mean - not going to the grocery, asuperhero movie, or Denny's, or Disney. One or two think that some poor woman who is a new mother and tried to go out for a dinner with her husband is the freakin' height of EVIL.

Screw'em. They have no respect or understanding for parents or children, and no empathy. But want empathy from everyone else. When they show some themselves, they'll deserve some.

link   
reply to post by Aeons

But then these people go to the "restaurant" that hands out crayolas with dinner, and complain that children saying hello over the back of the seat are royal horrors. The person who is picking up their child who is having a melt down at the grocery store to leave is disturbing their life.

No single people I know would go to restaurants with kiddy bags and/or crayons and coloring pads. In the off chance they did, they would be expecting crying kids.

There are plenty of places that cater to the single crowd, and there is nothing wrong with it.

To add to it, parents don't look fondly on other parents when they let their kids have a spaz in public with no consequence....

link   

And by controlled people here mean - not going to the grocery, asuperhero movie, or Denny's, or Disney. One or two think that some poor woman who is a new mother and tried to go out for a dinner with her husband is the freakin' height of EVIL.

Screw'em. They have no respect or understanding for parents or children, and no empathy. But want empathy from everyone else. When they show some themselves, they'll deserve some.

Source?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
For the people that think their kids should be allowed in every establishment with no exceptions... Is it cool for adults to hang out around your kids school?

Sure. It's cool. Why not?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

You don't know their is no consequences. You assume so. Most of those children grow up just fine. Sometimes being ignored is the consequence. You don't know - you just want what you want and that is to have everything perfect for YOU, every damn minute in every damn place...and the whole world needs to make that happen on your behalf.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Can you please quote someone who said kids shouldn't go to Disney Land??

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Source?

This entire thread. Which all those examples are from.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

You don't know their is no consequences. You assume so. Most of those children grow up just fine. Sometimes being ignored is the consequence. You don't know - you just want what you want and that is to have everything perfect for YOU, every damn minute in every damn place...and the whole world needs to make that happen on your behalf.

No, you misinterpret. As a child my Mother would not let me cause a fit in public. As an Uncle I would not let a nephew cause a fit in public. There are creative ways to make a kid quiet down, lazy parents give up and let them act up because either they are unable to deal with it, or don't care.

You child's actions in public are important, and it is important for them to learn at an early age they have to respect the people around them.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I'm really not sure what you meant with this. I can tell you that I have had enough of people's children acting out all over the place - and the parent's lack of consideration for others. On planes, in restaurants, in stores. Astonishingly bad behaviour that is tolerated by the parents, no - not just tolerated - accepted. Reprehensible.

I for one applaud the airlines and restaurants banning children - If your's can behave fine - most cannot.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Some children aren't as submissive as you are.

Those children are usually children who have qualities of great use as adults.

Teaching your children to respect people who don't respect them is dangerous.

link   
the finances will dicate this will work for some establishments, but back fire for others. I predict this will fizzle and be a fad, then things will revert back to usual

what will come of this will be pressure for parents to act like parents

I was at applebees a month a go and a family of 7 was seated behind us. I cringed. we were celebrating my 11 years olds straight A report card (go jenny !)

to my delight, the parents gently but firmly corrected the children every time they acted up, and it was a nice meal

link   

Source?

This entire thread. Which all those examples are from.

Did you fail to note the sarcasm, and the fact that it was a Mother of 4 who posted it:

I have hoped and prayed for Disneyland to have a "No Kids Day" Say every 1st Wed. of each month. All you see there are spoiled brats being pushed around in strollers and they're crying. C'mon, we're at DL. What's there to cry about. Kids suck! Signed: Mother of 4

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Most children behave fine.

People like you don't. Nasty nosy busy-bodies.

edit on 2011/7/28 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join