It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The No-Kids-Allowed Movement is Spreading

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
unnecessary rant
edit on 28-7-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I know YOU are being facetious but, in all seriousness, I agree with you.

We should put them to work immediately.

They'd figure out real fast just how good they had it.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by looming

You do understand that in such situations the babies can feel the increasingly hostile attitude towards them from people who are so stuck up they need to be able to drink their white wine in peace. This results in more crying, which results in more anger etc.

Deny ignorance.

The hell is wrong with you man...

I dated someone with kids, we mostly took them to places that didn't serve alcohol. The establishments that are geared towards their age group. Every now and then we went to family restaurants that served drinks, but there were lots of families there.

There is nothing wrong with people wanting to drink alcohol without screaming children around. And if parents are taking kids to fine dining restaurants or at least restaurants that are upscale, geared to adult professionals, it is the parents that are being selfish, not the "stuck up" people that want to drink their wine.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
A handful of restaurants and businesses does not a 'movement' make, but packaging it as such is a good reason for an article!

It's such a non-issue. Business owners can make such a stipulation. It is well within their rights.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
What's up with all the hostility toward kids on here?
Kids are cool man...

link   
reply to post by boncho

But then these people go to the "restaurant" that hands out crayolas with dinner, and complain that children saying hello over the back of the seat are royal horrors. The person who is picking up their child who is having a melt down at the grocery store to leave is disturbing their life.

There is no win with these people. They really just don't like children, and hate parents. I could, and I do, do everything in my power to make life easier for these Baby-Adults who cannot abide children and it isn't enough. It is NEVER enough. Their problem is that the children EXIST.

I sick and tired of the child - hating sacks who infest our cultures. Grow the frack up.

link   
The reactions to this topic are a clear indication of what is wrong with our society today...all you have to do to get your way is to scream discrimination and the whole world has to change their behavior to keep the one doing the screaming satisfied.

What is wrong with having "adult only" atmospheres? Just put it in perspective and stop thinking about the "poor little discriminated against kid". The kid doesn't really care. He is being dragged along with you wherever you decide to go, he is oblivious to the fact that you couldn't take him to the nice "adult-only" place.

As with every other "tolerance" debate that occurs, it comes down to the fact that the ones who think they deserve more rights than others are the ones who always win. So, I expect at some point that we won't be able to enjoy "adult only" dining because the parents of these screaming kids will use the discrimination argument until they get their way.

When you decide to have children, you automatically should expect that the whole world is not going to enjoy your child's episodes and that it is up to you to NOT force this on society. Yes, kids are special and cute, , but that doesn't give you the right to impose their bad behavior on others.

Adults deserve privacy. You don't allow your kids in the shower with you, do you? Do you allow them to watch you have sex? Adults must at some times have space and time without kids. Think how happy you are when you get a break from the kids and can watch a movie in peace and quite. That is all this is about. We want to enjoy our evening in peace and quite.

Adults who DIDN'T bring their kids along, should be allowed to enjoy their moment of freedom from the kids without having to deal with someone else's. Adults who have NO kids, should be allowed to find a place to go that isn't overrun with other folks kids. Why is it so important to you that you are willing to destroy someone's evening just to have your way? I promise you, your kids will have more fun at a place where there are more kids than adults.

Again, this debate once again demonstrates that discrimination is the strongest tool ever forged by mankind and is being used to beat down any sense of individuality we might have remaining.

Let us have our kid-free areas. I promise not to bring my adult-only group to your kids favorite place and ruin their little evening. Please return the favor.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Oh, the adults are discriminated against?

What a long load of tripe.

These people are angry children are on a PLANE. At a restaurant. At DENNY'S for God's Sakes. At a child oriented film!

These people are one step away from "I saw a child while on the bus! It was SITTING in the last seat. That toddler shouldn't be on the bus at rushhour in MY seat."

(btw, I've heard this exact argument made about both children and the elderly. IRL.)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Well said! That pretty much sums it up.

Second line.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012srb
reply to post by silent thunder

Needless to say, we do not all worship at the altar of the great god CHILD.

We pander to them enough as it is.

Instead of pandering to you - which is obviously a much better plan for society.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

If your comments are directed to my post, I'd just like to say that I wasn't saying anything about adults being discriminated against. I only meant that the parents of these children are accusing us of discriminating against their kids specifically. That is not the case. It has nothing to do with hating kids. It simply about quality of atmosphere if we are paying high prices to dine in a nice restaurant and can't even carry on a conversation over the loud screams of a child.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
What's up with all the hostility toward kids on here?
Kids are cool man...

I agree...kids are cool. I would like to see restaurants where adults could not enter unless children were with them...how about that!...

And...I would just like to add...some of you ...well...you seem to be haters of children....and that is not cool.
edit on 28-7-2011 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I agree...kids are cool. I would like to see restaurants where adults could not enter unless children were with them...how about that!...

So open one. No one is stopping you, just as no one should be stopping tis relatively tiny handful of restaurants from doing the same.

(Yes, I have kids, and several nieces, nephews, etc. To pretend that this is a pro vs anti kid debate is silly. )

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by scaredlady
reply to post by Aeons

If your comments are directed to my post, I'd just like to say that I wasn't saying anything about adults being discriminated against. I only meant that the parents of these children are accusing us of discriminating against their kids specifically. That is not the case. It has nothing to do with hating kids. It simply about quality of atmosphere if we are paying high prices to dine in a nice restaurant and can't even carry on a conversation over the loud screams of a child.

Then speak to the management.

Most of the damn time my children are fine, I'm in a place where children are utterly appropriate, and I'm getting the look of death from people who are eating at a restaurant that hands out crayola because they can HEAR my children speaking.

You cannot imagine how freakin' tired I am of having to moderate my children AND the adults around me because the adults are idiots. I tried accomodating death-stare people, and the people inhabiting this thead. Noone has tried harder than I have. It isn't enough.

Nothing is enough, because the problem isn't that the children are being children, or that they are uncontrolled. The problem is that these people HATE children, and they are making it into a socio-political cause, and I'm tired of accomodating them.

link   
reply to post by caladonea

Yes, kids are cool but so are dogs and cats but we don't allow them in certain places, now do we? Not wanting to hear kids screaming while we dine does not mean we are child haters. I have three kids of my own and only took them to restaurants that were family oriented where it would not upset anyone if they made noise.

link   

Originally posted by scaredlady
It has nothing to do with hating kids. It simply about quality of atmosphere if we are paying high prices to dine in a nice restaurant and can't even carry on a conversation over the loud screams of a child.

That's just the thing. People seem to be trying to frame this as saying if any business owner wants to cater to patrons who DONT want kids throwing tantrums and acting like brats, they hate kids. That's a straw man. In fact, the issue has to do with people hating the PARENTS who have no control over their kids, and no sense of respect for public space to know when their kids are negatively effecting others.

And yes, I have kids, and no I wouldnt feel discriminated against if a restaurant didnt cater to my needs.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by scaredlady

My children are like DOGS?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by 2012srb
reply to post by silent thunder

Needless to say, we do not all worship at the altar of the great god CHILD.

We pander to them enough as it is.

Instead of pandering to you - which is obviously a much better plan for society.

"For Society'? This isn't a statewide ban or something. It is a handful of businesses. Talk about grand exaggeration.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Wow, I've seen you take a lot of things way out of context in an attempt to try and cling to your withering 'point', but that really takes the cake.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join