It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The No-Kids-Allowed Movement is Spreading

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Oh my goodness.

Obviously a lot of posters on this thread have no kids.

You don't have kids...... then shut your efffing mouth.

Luckily I live a place where families are large with a lot of kids...... so usually everywhere I go it is kid friendly....

which is how it should be everywhere.

Ya... kids are not adults....get over it.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517
Oh my goodness.

Obviously a lot of posters on this thread have no kids.

You don't have kids...... then shut your efffing mouth.

We would... if only your kids would shut theirs!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012srb
reply to post by dplum517

Great.

A morman.

How many wives?

Hahahahahaha

Awesome stereotype my man. Though I grew up Mormon, in no way shape or form do I believe in their religion. In fact, I could pick it apart in about 1 minute.

..... and my kids are very well behaved so usually their mouths are shut. ......but sometimes kids just breakdown ....nothing anyone can do about it.

...of course if my kid was having a breakdown I would remove myself and him from a public venue.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by HAYSEED
Yes Asvantage My little one is high functioning. Glad your daughter is doing well

Ahh great!
I can u2u you a list of the supplements we use and a few things we had to do in our own situation as far as getting the behavior under control. With a kid on the spectrum.. spanking doesnt usually work at all. Just more input to process. Mainly it was a matter of sensory overload for us... but required completely changing the way we had previously been doing things. With most autistic kids there are varying degrees of processing issues.. processing of environmental stimulus, interpersonal communication, and etc really effected her behavior. I mean.. acting out, flapping, screaming, OCD like repetitive behaviors, violent tantrums, etc with the overload. We went to a workshop for kids with "profound processing" issues and learned some great stuff.. and also learned our way of life had suddenly changed.
You add things in and add things in over the yrs and then they can learn to handle it as they get older. We went from a severely acting out toddler to an 18 yr old in college classes, driving, and by all observations a typical kid with a bright future... with a few differences from the other neurotypicals that she has learned techniques to deal with with a heck of a lot of work on bother our part and hers over the yrs. Problems linger as is the nature of hte beast, but you can equip them with the skills to handle it as they grow into adulthood.. and then cross your fingers!

One thing though, the supplement program can get expensive, but you also dont run into the side effects of things like concerta and other drugs that theyre now using for processing issues. Worth every penny and every vacation we've had to give up IMO. You can also work with your neurologist to refine what supplement combos will benefit you most rather than throwing the kitchen sink at it.. if you have a decent neurologist

Gotta run!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Everything your child does... 90% of it is your fault, I mean comon your the one raising them. I hate when parents say its not their fault when it clearly is every time

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by minettejo
As far as restaurants and such go, if you don't want kids around, have dinner later.

That doesnt work anymore.

I've been out to 3AM and still had wonderful parents dragging their kids to shows, movies, diners, restaurants, just sitting on stoops, etc...

Exposure to screaming kids and inconsiderate "parents" has become a 24 hour ordeal.

Who the hell takes their 3 year old to a 2AM R rated horror movie? A lot of people that's who.

I think I'm gonna have to call bullsnip on this one..........

I think you may be embellishing how many times you may have seen this considering I am out non stop during the nights and evenings and actually used to work in a movie theater for a number of years.

I'm not saying you have NEVER seen it but is most certainly NOT A COMMON occurrence
edit on 7/28/2011 by XJMatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Originally posted by minettejo

Funny, I never once mentioned my parents beating me or striking me. Maybe you shouldnt assume.

You said "Id invariably choose spanking. You wont kill me, pain is temporary"

They struck you hard enough to cause you pain - you said it, I didnt assume anything.

and spanking is PHYSICAL ABUSE?? Spanking is striking or beating?? Maybe you need to realize the difference. I also suggest getting out and working with kids and people who arent a carbon copy of you and in your unique circumstance.

Absolutely, if an adult hit you hard enought to cause you pain, it would be called assault and it is a crime. If you strike your child then at least own it and call it what it is. You are causing physical pain to an individual who is smaller than you, dependant on you, with no option to leave. So yes it is physical abuse, it is also emotional abuse.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Ya... kids are not adults....get over it.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Glad to see some more common sense on this topic. So tired of the non-parents giving parenting advice.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

One thing I've noticed about parents is that they always have some lame excuse for why their kid is a complete ****head.

My kid is tired.

My kid is cutting his teeth.

My kid is sick.

My kid isn't usually this way.

How about accepting responsibility without providing some pathetic excuse for negative behavior.

You couldn't possibly have kids because all of the above are absolutely true of a cranky kid.

link   
reply to post by minettejo

"I'll give you something to cry about."

There was a reason.

Someone was crying for no GOOD reason.

link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by looming

You do understand that in such situations the babies can feel the increasingly hostile attitude towards them from people who are so stuck up they need to be able to drink their white wine in peace. This results in more crying, which results in more anger etc.

Deny ignorance.

The hell is wrong with you man...

What? There's nothing "stuck up" about paying for a drink and expecting to be able to enjoy it in relative peace. Explain to the business owner, when his customers are all gone, how all of them must be too "stuck up" to come to his place, because he allows screaming kids in.

People don't just go out to eat / drink for the nutritional value, they want to enjoy the atmosphere of being outside their homes. What is there to enjoy about babies crying their heads off? Sorry, no, if I'm going out to eat or drink, that's the last thing I want to hear. Apparently businesses are cluing in to this.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by minettejo

True or not, they're still excuses.

I don't care why your kid is loud.

Just shut it up.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
A "SORT BAD PARENTS OUT" movement would be more appropriate.

Being a parent is not a right, its not special, any dumbass moron with testes and ovaries can be one..

Being a mom and dad is different.

You are not their friends

You are training them for life

Life is fricken hard!

So should the training be.

The increase of morons who were raised by morons and are now raising useless morons is getting worse.

Its the parents that need the bootcamp

Then they can raise good kids

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I dont have kids and rarely if ever have a problem with them being around me on planes or in restaurants. It's actually a little sad so many on here supporting this movement. I take it non of you guys were children or ever cried in public. It's just another example of the mean attitude I witness daily on this site.

Take a trip to Spain and see how the kids are always out with their parents and in the restaurants, it makes for a pleasant and family orientated atmosphere. It's almost like people want to go back to a Victorian notion of children being seen and not heard.

I love all the parents on here talkin about how well behaved their kids are and it's other peoples kids that are the problem. Dont all parents think the sun shines out of their kids arse

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Children seen and not heard.

Is this heaven?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

reply to post by woodwardjnr

Children seen and not heard.

Is this heaven?

That was my dads favourite saying as he was spanking my ass when I was a kid.

It quickly became mine when my kids came along!

Im ex military, my kids had a tough basic training

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Personally I love kids. It takes a lot to bother me. I like to see them around in public, whatever, it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

However I know this isn't the case for many or even most people and I think parents do have an obligation to train their kids so they can be more or less quiet and orderly in public. It is possible. What goes on in your backyard is of course another matter and kids need a time to run wild too. It's all about keeping it all in its proper place I guess.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
When does the "No Kids" movement become the "No acting like animals" movement? Denny's could use one of those...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Needless to say, we do not all worship at the altar of the great god CHILD.

We pander to them enough as it is.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join