It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I agree with the Inuit people , The sun is definetly moving over a different path in the sky . See M

page: 24
<< 21  22  23   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

It's amazing to me, that we live in a time when most people online are so divorced from nature that they've never noticed the seasonal changes in the sun's course around the ecliptic. And at the same time that they depend on the internet, they are ignorant of the science behind such basic phenomena as the seasons. No wonder so many people here think that stonehenge must have been built by aliens!!

IGNORANT being the key here. I am glad you sum it up so nicely. But...no wonder if you see the so called "education system" the US has...and how many people wouldnt even be able to find another countries on a map...or eg. know what "Germans" are.

Justine Biber Generation

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I just thought of something...

With the last three big earthquakes that have changed the tilt of the Earth, in the last two years, could it have changed the way the Earth wobbles?

It would/could explain why we see the sun in its place, and then not, and then again, no?

Just an idea, thanks!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
I just thought of something...

With the last three big earthquakes that have changed the tilt of the Earth, in the last two years, could it have changed the way the Earth wobbles?

It would/could explain why we see the sun in its place, and then not, and then again, no?

Just an idea, thanks!

This has been addressed again and again and again in this thread. No. The earthquakes did not change the tilt of the earth in any way that anything except our very most sensitive instruments would notice. The big change that the quakes caused wasn't to the tilt, but to the rate of spin; it made the days longer by an amount of time shorter that is even easily conceivable.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Thanks! Sorry for the redundancy of the question; 24 pages is a long read!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Sirius should rise enough ahead of the sun on Aug. 7 to be seen. Get up early. Before sunrise. Find Orion's belt and look down toward the horizon to see Sirius. Look to the east just before sunrise. Sirius is a bright star, brighter than Betelgeuse and Rigel - stars in Orion. Brighter than Procyon - also in the east at that time. The ancient Egyptians looked for Sirius to rise ahead of the sun every year. It was a tradition. I did check Stellarium for 36 north and 115 west and that should be the day. You'll have to be quick though because the sun is on it like white on rice.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Why is this debate still going on?

Has anyone PROVEN that the earth has changed it's spin on it's axis
or anything that could effect how the sun moves across the sky????

edit on 4-8-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Give you a star,getting close to the rant thread,though.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
My post was at the top of this page. My timing is impeccable. I'm married to a drummer. My brother taught me the rythm drum for pomp and circumstance when I was still small. I get off on a kettle drum concert. I know how to make the pop on a tall bongo. Look for Sirius to rise ahead of the sun on Aug. 7.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
My post was at the top of this page. My timing is impeccable. I'm married to a drummer. My brother taught me the rythm drum for pomp and circumstance when I was still small. I get off on a kettle drum concert. I know how to make the pop on a tall bongo. Look for Sirius to rise ahead of the sun on Aug. 7.

Looking,watching,waiting..............

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
What you're saying is true because I've noticed it too! Where I live the sun for years would always set directly west right on the mountain shaped as a tooth. Now the sun is setting NW and is not even on the mountain anymore. What bothers me most about this is that so many people are so oblivious to this and even when I've tried to show them they obstinately refuse to accept it without some politician/scientist/news reporter/computer telling them first.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
All anyone needs to do to put this question to rest is to go out the morning of 9-23-11 and view the sunrise. If it rises due east, then there you go. The autumnal equinox and the vernal equinox are the two days each year when the sun rises due east. Do it, for fun and edification. Film it, for sharing with the world!! Build a sundial and lie in wait for the equinox. Get the answer for yourselves and then no internet rumor will sway your opinion.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
If things were out of position I think we would have had millions of complaints from REAL and AMATUER astronomers, who when trying to look at or photograph an object found the position to be wrong.

Has that happened NO!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by the2010apprentice

Several things need to be looked at in order to show evidence that the earth is, in fact, changing its polar axis with respect to the sun: 1. Last winter Alaskans, including the Intuits, reported that the sun "came back early" this year. 2. This summer someone reported from the South Pole science station that they were having 5 hours of daylight when it should still be completely dark. 3. Now this report from Scotland that the sun is tracking across the sky in an abnormal path. 4. Here, on the ATS web-site is a report from Greenland about sun anomalies and the rapidly melting glaciers. What can be the common denominator that will explain these events if not the fact that our world's polar axis is changing with respect to the sun. Normally the polar axis is inclined by 23.4 degrees from the polar axis of the sun. That must be changing to explain the anomolies listed here from 1 thru 4. So, what celestial force could be large enough to move the earth's orientation in this manner? These two links will give you a good idea of what is happening and why: www.scribd.com... www.unleavenedbreadministries.org...
The planet Saturn has already been massively influenced by these two astronomical objects Elenin and Nibiru. Saturn is a gas giant with a huge magnetosphere that has been torqued out of its normal polar axis alignment with respect to the sun. Our world, the Earth, is much smaller and very dense compared to Saturn and is reacting more slowly to the influence of Elenin and Nibiru, but it is reacting.
So why don't we hear something from our respective governments? The coming problems are too large for governments to solve. A few decade ago the decision was made to keep all of this a secret. Governments have known this was going to happen at least since 1983 when the first Infrared Telescope (IRAS) was launched into orbit by the United States. Since then most 1st world governments have been busy building underground facilities in order to survive and reestablish control after the worst is over. Russia is probably close to finishing its 25 square mile underground facility that is planned to house 600,000 people. Recently, the USA FAA declared about 40 new no-fly zones in the United States. They are manning and stocking their many underground facilities and don't want any witnesses. In the U.S., Homeland Security has announced a crash buying spree of 1 Billion dollars worth of survival food and supplies. Manufacturers are given no choice but to sell only to the government according to government rules. A few years ago the British and Spanish royal families established compounds in the New Zealand highlands. Bill Gates also has a compound in that area. If you want to prove this is true for yourself then locate the North Star, if you can, early in the evening and establish a line-of-sight. The peak of a roof from the proper location on the ground will do. Get up before daylight the next morning and check your alignment again. If the North Star has not moved, the polar axis will not have moved at all. If there is a change in the location of the North Star from the evening before, that is proof the axial tilt of our world is in the process of changing. This is simple common sense physics. Why haven't prominent and independent scientists raised this issue? Besides the fact that most scientists are basically "mechanics" at what they do, they are greatly influenced by a herd mentality and are very afraid of critisizm from their peers. Also most scientists are not theoretitions who take seemingly unrelated facts and put them together where the whole picture makes sense. Also most news agencies are controlled by the government. I am not a scientist but I have a good grasp on fundamental physics and what I have described here has been proved by the actions of our governments by their massive preparations for the coming events. If you don't believe any of this, believe me when I tell you that thegovernments of the world believe every bit of it and are making the appropriate preparations. Why are they doing this? They don't want your competition for the available survival foods and supplies. They can't save the majority of their people but they can save themselves.
So what's the worse-case scenario? As more and more of the North and South Poles are exposed to the sun, massive melting of the polar ice-caps will occur. The very old theoretically question of "What would happen if all the ice melted in the polar regions?" now becomes not so theoretical. The answer then and now is; "The ocean levels will rise about 200 feet around the world". Maybe you can understand why governments want to keep this a secret to avoid a panic while they're stocking up on food and supplies?
So, what other evidence is there that this is going to happen? The presence of Elenin passing between our world and the sun around 17 September of this year will kick off several massive earthquakes. When that happens, seriously consider that all of this that I have described is also true.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23   >>

join