It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I agree with the Inuit people , The sun is definetly moving over a different path in the sky . See M

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I have a question for those who've noticed changes:

Do you recall when you first noticed something was different? This is important because it ought to rule out a few possibilities.

I could be wrong but it seems like the sun outside my window last fall/winter was further south...I watch it travel across the sky from left to right as the years pass and the seasons change. This is the first time I've paid such close attention, these last 4 years. Fall 2010 was the first time anything seemed amiss, but I brushed it aside because my memory seemed the more fallible than the procession of the equinoxes !

BUT, let's honor our senses and be thorough about all this. Try to remember when it first occurred to you, I remember this spring thinking the sun was too far north, like a lot of folks, but then I remembered back last fall was the first time I had the thought about the sun being "off".

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I'm in New york, and the sun is definitely setting in a different spot . Seems more north , instead of N-W. Kind of scary to see the Sun not setting in the same spot .I sit west when i'm in the computer room and i have to shut the shades of different windows now ,where i didnt have to last year or the year before or the year before ... Most people dont notice the sun and the way it sits ,then again most people don't notice anything !

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
This whole phenomena is nothing new. It is called a polar shift and they happen throughout earth history. Probably some take longer than others and some are more dramatic than others. But we ARE in FACT going through one now.

www.aolnews.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The people who survive the next couple of decades will be those who are flexible. Most people are not flexible because they are conditioned by their environment. Which is ok until the environment radically changes (political, ecological, etc.).

It is called adaption. Those of who who adapt are around 500 years from now (i.e their genes). Those who don't. Oh well.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilot
I have a question for those who've noticed changes:

Do you recall when you first noticed something was different? This is important because it ought to rule out a few possibilities.

I could be wrong but it seems like the sun outside my window last fall/winter was further south...I watch it travel across the sky from left to right as the years pass and the seasons change. This is the first time I've paid such close attention, these last 4 years. Fall 2010 was the first time anything seemed amiss, but I brushed it aside because my memory seemed the more fallible than the procession of the equinoxes !

BUT, let's honor our senses and be thorough about all this. Try to remember when it first occurred to you, I remember this spring thinking the sun was too far north, like a lot of folks, but then I remembered back last fall was the first time I had the thought about the sun being "off".

Hey Pilot, I think you may have commented on one of my threads regarding this. Thanks for commenting about it here. I have been noticing general strangeness in my environment for several months. I would not say the sun is in a different spot because I haven't measured it. I have noticed, however, that the sunrise/sunset has been out of whack, I don't care what they post for sunrise/sunset times. I see what I see. My plants, animals, nature around me, everything has been extremely different. Anyway, here is my original post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here is one that was posted today with regard to the same topic:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Frankly I blame BUSH and his "No child left behind" for this post...

Yeah this is my first post and I am long long time lurker and I don't mean to be rude but I watch the sun daily I photograph the sun periodically. The last time my kid and I were on a sun dial for the month of June and we made our shadows be the hour hand the time was completely correct.

So my theory is somehow you and your Dad have translated to EARTH 626 where the tilt of the earth is different (allowing the sun to appear different, cause everyone knows it would be the earth not the sun that would cause this). And in some way you are still able to post silly threads on good ole EARTH PRIME (where I live and the sun is normal as it has been for ages). That or you both were hallucinating...

These posts and others like them are why I have decided to no longer lurk. A lack of basic science skills or at the very least scientific reasoning and not opinions or theories based on conjecture, speculation, ignorance or just plain superstition sadden me. No proof, no way period.

edit on 29-7-2011 by abeverage because: miss spelling run on sentence

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I agree. 30 seconds into this post I realized it was Bush's fault.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by whathasitcome2
I agree. 30 seconds into this post I realized it was Bush's fault.

Isn't everything?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Frankly I blame BUSH and his "No child left behind" for this post...

Yeah this is my first post and I am long long time lurker and I don't mean to be rude but I watch the sun daily I photograph the sun periodically. The last time my kid and I were on a sun dial for the month of June and we made our shadows be the hour hand the time was completely correct.

So my theory is somehow you and your Dad have translated to EARTH 626 where the tilt of the earth is different (allowing the sun to appear different, cause everyone knows it would be the earth not the sun that would cause this). And in some way you are still able to post silly threads on good ole EARTH PRIME (where I live and the sun is normal as it has been for ages). That or you both were hallucinating...

These posts and others like them are why I have decided to no longer lurk. A lack of basic science skills or at the very least scientific reasoning and not opinions or theories based on conjecture, speculation, ignorance or just plain superstition sadden me. No proof, no way period.

edit on 29-7-2011 by abeverage because: miss spelling run on sentence

I completely get where you're coming from. Science, numbers, math all day long! I don't buy into any of it unless there is scientific proof. However, I'm not a child left behind
I am far from ignorant, I do my homework, I pay attention and yeah sometimes I like to believe in the possibility of the impossible. I am only stating what I have seen and felt. Yup... the sun is exactly where it should be. But mid-July "feels" like early October and a number of other little things that I wouldn't even dare to mention outside of this forum.

Thanks for your input.
edit on 29-7-2011 by Skorpiogurl because: N

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by the2010apprentice

i havent read all this thread(dont have time at the mo) but i live in southern england and i can confirm the sun is setting in a different place,i have been telling my family but they dont seem to notice,i have photos that show the difference and youre dads estimations would seem correct,but what does it mean?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Pilot

i have only noticed it this summer

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Originally posted by Misterlondon
It's good yourself and your father notice things in the world.. But common sense tells me that if the sun had changed position, this couldn't be hidden from the public.. It would be big news and wouldn't be broken to the world by a couple of guys in their back garden in Scotland..(no offence to you)
Alot of people still use the sun alot in their daily lives eg farmers.. Someone would have noticed this a long time ago..

And also what do you mean the elite derroying our planet? They may have control over money, media governments etc.. But the sun is one thing they will never control..

Most of the "public" is ignorant and are too busy looking "down" on their mobile phones / ipads / ipods and rarely if ever look "up".

Even when the "public" look "up" do you really think they are going to care or notice the sun or anything has moved position?

You are also forgetting the "silent" majority, people who do notice, but just move on and say nothing, or say it in close circles of say local farmers too etc, they are too busy making living.

You're argument is just empty.
edit on 28-7-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

My argument isn't empty.. It's common sense.. What about the millions of scientists and astronomers.. Mainstream and amateur..

Do you not think someone would have noticed and leaked the biggest story if all time..

These people who are making observations and noticing the sun is moving.. Are maybe just noticing something that has happened for millennia.. The sun does change position in the sky throughout the year.. It's what gives us seasons..
The only sure why to find out if the sun is in a different position, is to find something showing the position of the sun in the sky, exactly one year ago and compare it to where it is today..

So you are basically saying liars and fools to all these people who mades this claims.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

No seasons and weather patterns are different and believe me I observe the sky/weather daily and there has been some hella big changes in the western US this is fact based on scientific observation. I have kept track of the weather, temperature and moisture for a few years and I have read enough of historic accounts and observations to know this maybe a 500 year or who knows (as there is no record unless you count ice core samples or very old tree rings) as to this change. Rains are heavier and father between, we set record highs and record lows each year or every other year. There is definitely a change and I think humans have an impact on it, but it is also just the nature of things.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Where, exactly, do penguins get eaten by polar bears? Is that when the penguins go on a holiday from the South Pole and visit the polar bears in the North Pole?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JonU2

On the Farside...

I miss The Fareside, at least there was odd humor like that.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Why do we keep having to debunk this? If there were even a tiny bit of truth to the notion that the sun is in a different place:

* sundials would not work -- there are many, many thousands of them all over the earth
* solar observatories would not find the sun in the right place
* amateur astronomers who observe the sun would not find it in the right place
* if the earth had shifted in its orbit, the stars and moon would also be in the wrong place and backyard astronomers with computerised star finders would notice
* astronomers with high powered telescopes who need to know to within a fraction of a degree where to point them would notice
* solar furnaces which require very precisely aligned mirrors would notice
* the fractal digital sundial in sundial parc in Genk, Flanders in Belgium would show the wrong time
* predicted sunset and sunrise times would be different in many parts of the world (they are printed to the minute in many newspapers)
* if the moon was in a different location the tides would be at different times than the ones predicted hundreds of years in advance, so shipping would be affected
* sunrise and sunset times on the ISS would be affected
* the hubble space telescope would be affected by sunlight hitting it at unexpected times and therefore damaging its sensitive optics which need to be covered when in sunlight

Basically, the world would be turned on its head if the sort of change you think has happened actually did happen.

Why is it that with all this evidence to totally and completely prove you wrong, you continue to insist that you are right. You are mistaken. Please find a way to accept that.

Finally, sun enters my bedroom every year at this time of year at a certain time in the morning when it appears between trees and wakes me up. This has not changed even slightly in all the years I have lived here. So I know for a fact without even checking any more sensitive equipment that your claim of 25-40 degrees off is total and utter bunk. If it were off that much, it wouldn't even make it to my window through the trees, let alone to the position of my bed and wake me up.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
IM sure this is getting old and repetitive but i had to throw my 2 cents in as well. Im in Utah and have noticed the sun farther north as well. I go to work at 330 AM and the other day i was driving east toward work and the moon was coming up and i was awe struck by how far it was north. it was alot farther than i had ever seen before in the last 3 years of driving this same route. What we need to do is find an almanac that is really old. written pre-computer times, where it was all calculated by hand and slide rule and compare.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by T3hEn1337ened

Well, it's cloudy today, but if and when the sun decides to peek out from behind the clouds I will give my homemade sundial (from the post I replied to) a shot. I suggest that other people find a sundial or try the same thing.

There's no sense in arguing over this without any data. If the sun HAS moved, everyone's sundials will be off. If it hasn't, they'll all be correct, and if it's moved for some people and not others (I guess that might be possible) then there will be mixed results, and I imagine more arguing, excuse me, "debating" will ensue.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Is it possible the tectonic is moving and not the sun? Based on your evidence.. this could be plausible.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Willbert

That is a great observation. As it is possible their house had moved or shifted.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join