It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I agree with the Inuit people , The sun is definetly moving over a different path in the sky . See M

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
It's all Nibru's fault!!!

Seriously though, the only way I could see the suns position changing in the sky is if the earth itself tilted on it's axis. This IS possible, but the effects are pretty much unknown. All we know is that it does happen, no one knows why, or how, or how SUDDEN, which brings me to a thought I had...mind you I am not sold on the idea, but I try to look at how something could be possible instead of just writing it off.

WHat if right now as I type this, the earth is slowly tilting over, and has been for a year or more....slowly...but fast enough to make changes semi-noticable,like slowly boiling a frog in water, you don't know its happening until it already has.

Perhaps what you are seeing is the slow tilt. It could explain a lot of things, such as the huge earthquakes and tsunami's that have occured over the last few years....Perhaps one day soon people will turn on their TV's and see the headlines on the news that we are indeed tilting....

Could it be now???

I'm open to the idea. As no one knows what it will do, perhaps we are seeing it first hand and its not as quick or as turbulent as people suspect it would be.

*shrug*

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bourbon2nite
I live in Ohio and all that I can say is that the sun is setting more to the north than it did when I was a yougster at home.
My parents bought their home in 1966 and things were put in their place such as our swing set , patios . trees for future shade etc. based specifically on where the sun was at a particular time of day.
Also, as a youngster I had to be in the house or at least the yard at sunset. I know exactly where I would look to watch the sun.
I do not know how to explain it, but if the sun has not changed position then something has rotated the entire countryside where I grew up. My parents have commented as well. My mother now has to draw the drapes on her patio doors at the rear of the house. Before they were always left open as the patio was always shade in the evening.
Just my two cents but I know what I know. But I most certainly do not know why.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

If the sun stayed in place for an extra day, the earth would have stopped rotating.

Had the earth done the impossible and suddenly stopped rotating, all the people on the surface would continue to travel eastward at speeds up to 1000 miles per hour and go flying. Those near the equator would have traveled the fastest. The only people that would have survived would have lived at the frozen poles.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
It's all Nibru's fault!!!

Who's Nibru ?
What you said we dont no one can know ; we can and we do . You can flap around like a penguin if you want but thats how penguins get eaten by polar bears

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I'm not here to call anyone crazy or "debunk" anything, just a few honest questions to ask yourselves.

I relate this thread with the numerous other "world changes" threads. There was one a year or two ago that got all types of attention because one guy thought he remembered New Zealand/Australia in different locations than they are "now." Our memories are not always spot-on, given the change in seasons I'm wondering if people are catching the same kind of "something is not in-place" fever.

I manage a farm as one of my jobs and rely on the Sun extensively to do much of the work. All has been normal here. Sun dials are working as normal, clocks still sync up with the light/dark cycle and "high" Noon is as directly above high as ever. Something of this magnitude would not be limited to certain locations on the earth. Changes could be measured and documented with machines much more precise than the human eye or memory.

If I recall, the "new changes" threads often devolved into an "alternate reality/timeline" discussion, of which I can't I say I have much to add to.

Just my .02 in the bucket.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I understand this post is about the suns path being seemingly different. I have not really noticed the suns path related to the earth. I have however, noticed something is up with the moon's orbit. Some nights here in Oklahoma, I do not see the moon at all. It seems to happen a few times a month. It even happened 2 nights in a row. I cannot recall not seeing the moon at all any night, up until a few weeks ago. I have even seen a full moon 3 nights in row recently (Okay this may be nothing, I know what I saw and didn't see but I could be wrong)
BUT
Scientists have said that the earths axis shifted during the Haiti, Japan, and Chili earthquakes. Japan's earthquake alone shortened our day by 6.8 microseconds. I presume these axis shifts are the culprit of whats occuring. I just hope this doesn't effect our orbit around the sun.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DriftingAway
reply to post by ZIPMATT

If the sun stayed in place for an extra day, the earth would have stopped rotating.

Had the earth done the impossible and suddenly stopped rotating, all the people on the surface would continue to travel eastward at speeds up to 1000 miles per hour and go flying. Those near the equator would have traveled the fastest. The only people that would have survived would have lived at the frozen poles.

"Would not a sudden stop by the earth , rotating at over 100 miles an hour at its equator, mean a complete destructionof the world ? Since the world survived, there must have been a mecghanism to cushion tye slowing down of terrestrial rotation , if it really occureed, or another escape for the energy of motion besides transformation to heat, or both . Or if rotation persisted undisturbed, the terrestrial axis may have tilted in the presence of a strong magnetic field , so theat the sun appeared to lose its diurnal movement. These problems are kept in sight and are faced in the epilogue of this volume " - from "Worlds In Collision" Immanuel Velikovsky

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
How is it you people actually 'know' the sun is in a different location. Also, would you mind explaining what that means (the sun being in a different location). So, does anybody have any actual data to base these assumptions on? Haha or is this going to be like the thread where everyone also the claimed the sun was a different color?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Indecent

we dont go round w our eyes and ears shut

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Indecent

I and others have gave examples. Have you actually read this thread?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Perhaps the earth has taken on a more ovoid shape as of late, making the sun appear to reside in a different place.

This would explain how the times are still correct, but the positioning appears off.

Anecdotally, I drive to work, due East every morning.

I leave the house for my 25 minute drive at around 630 every morning.

Once I hit the highway, I see the very beginning of the sunrise over the mountains on the horizon in the winter, the very end of sunrise in the summer.

The sun used to come up just north of the highest peak on the mountain range.

Now, It comes up at least 15 degrees North of where it once did.

In the evening, on my way home, the sun used to hit the sweet spot where the door meets the windsheild, allowing me to drive without putting the shade down.

Recently, however, the sun comes through the moonroof.

I'm no astronomer. but even people I work with are noticing.

Just because it isn't on the news does not mean people aren't noticing.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Sorry man, it's not. It's all related to the changing of the season's and or a tilt of the Earth. The sun cannot tilt out of it's ordinary path unless an object in space passes by the sun that is bigger then the sun.
edit on 28-7-2011 by SelfSustainedLoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
This has happened before ; Immanuel Velikovsky , here's a couple of excerpt from his 1950s work .
"The Book of Joshua ....relates the order of events . "Joshua chased his enemies ... as they fled, great stones were cast from the sky. That same day , the sun stood still over Gibeon and the moon over the valley of Ajalon ."

.... "Allowing for the distance in longitude , it must have been early morning or night in the Western Hemishpere.
We go to the shelf where stand the books with the historical traditions of the aboriginees of Central America. ""

Velikosky links events chronologically

"In the Mexican Anals of Cuauhtitlan the history of the empire of Culhuacan and Mexico, written in the Nahua-Indian of the sixteenth century - it is related that a cosmic catastrophe occured in the remote past , the night did not end for a long time. "

"The biblical narrative describes the sun remaining in the sky for an additional day ("about a whole day") The Midrashim , the books of the ancient traditions not embodied in the Scriptures , relate that the sun and the moon stood still for thirty six itim , or eighteen hours , and thus from sunrise to sunset lasted about thirty hours."

"We could follow a path around the earth and inquire into the various traditions concerning the prolonged day and prolonged night , with sun and moon absent or tarrying at differnet points along the zodiac , while the earth underwent a bombardment of stones in a world ablaze. But we must postpone this journey. There was more than one catashtrophe when , according to the memory of mankind , the earth refused to play the chronometer by undisturbed rotation on its axis. First we must differentiate the single occurences of cosmic catastrophes , some of which took place before the one described here, some after it , some of greater extent , some of lesser."

Other input ; w refernce to the last line Velikovsky eventually reached the conclusion (by 1980s) that the return of the comet is every 3500 years . The disasters that folllowed the events re sun and moon and came with the comet about 1500 BC . Read Velikovsky ; there is a huge weight of backup not just these snippets .In all seriousness comet c/2x51hell could be on the way in .
the traditions were not introduced etc

zipmatt resurects Velikovsky

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Just adding my 2 cents. I have a swimming pool in my backyard. There is a heavy wooded area directly south and west of our pool. We only have a certain window if we want to swim in the sun and that window seems to have shortened or changed from previous years. Used to be the sun would hit the tree tops at 3pm, but now, it seems to do it just a little bit earlier.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by the2010apprentice

What he told me was that the sun would usually always move begind a tree as we sat at the Garden patio table, This is in the height of summer we are talking about.... Not once has it moved at that angle this year.
It misses the treeline completely , its a lot closer and a lot higher in the sky.

Has you father done any major renovations to the garden or the patio - have you altered the height or changed the table and chairs etc. ?

Something to consider perhaps .

edit on 28-7-2011 by UmbraSumus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
it's crazy but.... a few weeks agp i noticed something similar.
the sun was setting much too far to the northwest.
but naturally i thought, wouldn't someone else be noticing something like this?
in any case, check out the next sunset and see if you notice anything peculiar...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
There are far too many people noticing the more northerly sunset. Question is , since its pretty much established the sun has not changed WHY are we noticing?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto
Just adding my 2 cents. I have a swimming pool in my backyard. There is a heavy wooded area directly south and west of our pool. We only have a certain window if we want to swim in the sun and that window seems to have shortened or changed from previous years. Used to be the sun would hit the tree tops at 3pm, but now, it seems to do it just a little bit earlier.

Could it be because your trees grew taller?
I don't mean to sound like a wise-ass either... just a thought that popped in my head.

edit on 7/28/11 by AstroBuzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by iTzKeMuSaBi

The moon cycle works so that it ISN'T always seen at night. It is seen during the day, and there are the new moons. Do you mean you didn't see the moon when you know you should have? Full moons can also be difficult to differentiate from the day before or after.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

1. If you change the earth's rotational energy to heat, what prevents everything from being incinerated given the amount of energy involved?

2. A sudden axis tilt still doesn't solve the problem of inertia. You experience inertia when a car suddenly stops, but also when it doesn't stop but instead changes course.

3. The other possibilities are: A. The world didn't face destruction because it never happened. B. The world didn't face destruction because the events did not happen as literally stated (such as a volcanic eruption lighting up the sky on one side and darkening the other side with ash).

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join