It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No debt deal, oh it's so terrable we are going to have to raise interest rates.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Our ratings go down the interest goes up across the board nationaly, localy and personaly.
I say go for it, how about 20% on my mortgage is that cool?
50% on my credit cards, way cool.
I will not have to worry anymore it's all yours......
I remember the 80's and Reagan, I wont file bankruptcy you can pay for that too, put it on my bill, or is it my kids or grandchildrens bill we are working on now?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
credit rating will not change. debt ceiling will rise.

It's all a game by corrupt political system.

Wake up, they are exempt from insider trading laws.
the very people who should not even be allowed to hold shares when in office.

They are onto their brokers and playing the markets that their actions are manipulating.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Do you know the saying, "Someday we will just look back on this and laugh."?

Well, I have a feeling this does not apply here.

This may very well be," The good old days".
I hope not.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
In my humble opinion as an outsider looking in, a deal will be struck and the horse trading will continue as the can gets kicked down the road a bit further, then we will go through this whole process again as we continue to circle the drain that will bleed us dry.

As nervous, worried and scared as I am about a collapse, I still think it would be better than what we have now.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
You must admit, the US had a pretty good run... Cheap everything at the expense of the planet and everyone else on it. Having such an extravagant lifestyle couldn't last forever. I just hope this inspires many of you to make steps to return to nature based technology and being self-sufficient.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
credit rating will not change. debt ceiling will rise.

It's all a game by corrupt political system.

Wake up, they are exempt from insider trading laws.
the very people who should not even be allowed to hold shares when in office.

They are onto their brokers and playing the markets that their actions are manipulating.

Even if we raise the ceiling we're going to see our AAA rating disappear in the near future, just maybe not next week.

You can only spend so much compared to what you produce till your credit takes a hit, even if you make the payments. Two people can both make 100k/yr, have another 100k worth of revolving credit, except person 1 has used 20/100k of that, person 2 has used 90/100k of it. Guess who has a SUBSTANTIALLY better credit rating.

Now switch person A and person B to nation A and nation B. And raise those 100k limits to 14,000,000,000k lol.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wetpaint72

In Spain they had the "El Siglo de Oro" (The Golden Century) and then Spain lost its American possessions, the Spanish-American war happened, and the ultimate end to the decline came about with Francisco Franco and the Spanish Civil War, followed by 40 years of dictatorship, a crappy period in the 80s, some growth in the 90s, joining the Euro zone, and now high unemployment again.

I don't think you just "bounce back" from these sorts of things, but every situation and context are unique. I think we are looking at the "good ol' days" - whatever that really means, though, is another story, especially if it is the "good ol' days" that tend to lead to the crap on the way down the hill.

new topics

top topics

join