It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**BREAKING NEWS** Maddy McCann possibly found in India

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I also have to disagree with saying stranger abductions are in any way common.

Here are some figures based on the US population of 40 million children.

According to the Amber Alert Registry, approximately 3,000 to 5,000 abductions each year are non-family abductions. Most of these cases are sexual assault cases. About 74% of the victims of non-family child abduction are girls. .......

According to Finkelhor, only 115 cases of this type of kidnapping occurred in 1999. These children were taken by strangers or barely known acquaintances.

While stranger abduction is the most uncommon, it is by far the most dangerous. Half of these children were sexually assaulted and 40% were killed.

Abduction Usually Occurs Near the Child’s Home The Department of Justice revealed that in 80% of abductions by strangers, the first contact occurred and/or the abduction itself occurred within a quarter mile of the child's home. This implies that children may be watched by their abductor prior to being taken.

Most victims are either forced or lured into the cars of the abductors. Never approaching a car should be a large focus of teaching safety to children.

The typical victim in child abductions resulting in murders was 11 years old.....

Where Kidnappings Occur A study conducted in 1999 by the National Incidence Studies of Missing, Abducted, Runaway and Throwaway Children or NISMART, found that in over 70% of stranger kidnapping victims were taken from outdoor areas like parks and playgrounds, and 7% were taken from public buildings like shopping malls. Of these cases, approximately 90% are committed by males who are between 20-40 years old. In these cases, the child is returned alive less than 60% of the time. 4% are never found.

| Suite101.com www.suite101.com...

www.suite101.com...

I know the data is from a few years ago but you can see that it is rare for stranger abductions to take place. It is even rarer for the child never to be found and rarer still for an abductor to take a child from a home. You can also see the girls usually targeted are considerably older than Madeline. Put all this together and the Madeline McCann 'abduction' story is statistically unlikely.

Victims of these stranger abductions will most likely be sexually assaulted and killed, so it's odd how Madeline's parents insist that they think she has not been harmed and they will one day find her.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
lets just keep our fingers crossed and hope its her im sick of kids being hurt for sickos wacked out since of fun sick ****'s.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by CrankyPantsUK

Yep but when has India ever admited to anything.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by meathed
Facebook isnt a reliable source.
Ya may of well have said, a friend of a friend of a friend has a psychic friend that says they know where madeleine is.
We all know this is a false lead. She will never be found alive.
And deep deep down we all know her parents played a major part in her disappearance.

Actually no. I spent some time looking into the case and came to the conclusion that the parents weren't involved.

Well Actually i have spent a little time researching too. And well,,,,,,,,,I and many others dont agree with you. The mccanns are hiding something concerning their daughters alledged dissappearance( cough,,, cough,,,,,, Murder)If we are to believe the verified source,ie MSM then the parents did play the biggest part in the disappearance.As they left her alone.
What type of idiot parents would do that???????? Murderous ones?
And I dont care about the facebook claims either as it probably the maccanns friends facebook page.
And as for it being verified, i will believe you and the MSM IF they find her alive. But we all know she wont be.

And you might want to spend a little time reading people and their expressions and you might draw the same conclusion the majority of us people that DENY ignorance have concluded and that is that her parents KNOW what happened to their little angel. Mummy Mccann KNOWS what she did with her daughter that night. But she will never tell.

edit on 29-7-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2011 by meathed because: BECAUSE IM CRAP AT SPELLING AND GRAMMA

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
As you can see from my Location, I am from the UK. (Manchester).
Those of you who keep saying that Kate and Gerry killed Maddie, should be ashamed of yourselves!
I only pray that Karma does not do a wicked thing and make YOUR CHILD disappear, and that the World accuses you of killing your Child. How would that make YOU feel?!
Don't you think Kate and Gerry have been through enough without you making it worse for them?

There have been many cases were Children have been kidnapped, and found many years later.
Take Jaycee Lee Dugard for example. She was found 18 YEARS after her abduction.
news.bbc.co.uk...

It may look like Kate and Gerry killed Maddie, but then again, a Panda Bear looks cute and cuddly..... until you try to hug one.

REMEMBER! Without EVIDENCE, you should not plead someone Guilty. It is people like you who are Dangerous and should be watched very carefully!
So in future, keep your mouth shut unless you can PROVE what you are saying, or someone may just shut your mouth for you! (That is not a threat, it is very good advice!)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 140BPM

Well said.

I dont know what happened for sure and neither does anyone else here. But to accuse the parents of murdering their own child and to present it like its a fact, despite not having proof, is pretty low.

To those who post such things, you can't really make a worse accusation against another human being and its irresponsible and cruel to do so when the truth is you don't know. What if you're wrong? In that case, not only have the parents suffered unimaginable loss and pain but are then tortured all over again by people like you saying such vile things.

edit on 29-7-2011 by Malcram because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2011 by Malcram because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
it is not her. her parents saw a photo and confirmed it is not her...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
this is what the Portugese inspectors think:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
reply to post by newcovenant

Numbers aside it is Cut & Dry.... The Parents left their children unattended in a foreign country check out the locations too it's quite a distance from where they were being entertained... Not in ear shot! Home Alone or in this case... minors in a hotel room ...NO SITTERS in a foreign country... There is no excuse at all... other than the disappearance itself, the Parents have comitted a crime they have never faced charges for!

Being a "Parent" myself ...yes I'm qualified and have a better understanding..... I would NEVER and may I add I've holidayed in Spain, leave my kids unattended at any point be it night or day for any reason. I'm usually very calm but this subject makes me quite angry....
My wife made a good point, "if they went to kidnap children why not take them all... or if you only want one why not take the youngest harder to identify as they age"?

They are not fit to be parents plain and simple. If you wanted time away from the kids why take them on holiday with you?

Maybe true enough and you have some valid considerations but personally and this is just me, I would stop short of accusing the parents of murdering their own child. I know for some it is one of those things where you abhor in others what you dislike most about yourself.
People hate that they may sometimes inadvertently risk the life of their own child, this is so abhorrent you look for it in others and when they fail at perfection you attack and blame.

This doesn't get the child back.

A doctor who left his baby in the car for a moment to go to the office and then was overwhelmed with calls...dead baby. Nobody is blaming him...they are feeling for him and offering sympathy, not the opposite of sympathy.
It is the strangest thing...people here saying kids aren't abducted except by parents. Insane really.
Trying to think of another place on the internet where child abductions are downplayed. I can't.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CrankyPantsUK

I really hope they find Maddie,it would be a much needed happy news after the world going through the Casey A. trial.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 140BPM
As you can see from my Location, I am from the UK. (Manchester).

Well who cares where you are from, doesn't make you smarter or know more than the rest of us. ( Your mrs mccann or a family friend, i bet)

Those of you who keep saying that Kate and Gerry killed Maddie, should be ashamed of yourselves!
Those defending them should be ashamed.

I only pray that Karma does not do a wicked thing and make YOUR CHILD disappear, and that the World accuses you of killing your Child.

Your one disturbed little being. How could wish that someones child gets kidnapped. You disgust me.

Don't you think Kate and Gerry have been through enough without you making it worse for them?

What????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
They created this mess. Deal with it. I hope that they and you and their family cant sleep at night and that they carry their guilt of their lies to their early graves.

There have been many cases were Children have been kidnapped, and found many years later.
Take Jaycee Lee Dugard for example. She was found 18 YEARS after her abduction.
news.bbc.co.uk...
I guarantee that this wont end happily. Maddy's wont be coming home.

It may look like Kate and Gerry killed Maddie, but then again, a Panda Bear looks cute and cuddly..... until you try to hug one.

WTF are you on about with this line???????????.
Mrs mccann is the panda if anything is one.

REMEMBER! Without EVIDENCE, you should not plead someone Guilty.

Its lucky that two parents have a good story of how they misplaced their daughter, so no evidence will ever be found.

It is people like you who are Dangerous and should be watched very carefully!

Your the one we should be watching.

So in future, keep your mouth shut unless you can PROVE what you are saying, or someone may just shut your mouth for you!(That is not a threat, it is very good advice!)

No i wont keep my mouth shut and nore will others like me just because you threatened us and told us to.
You PROVE she is alive. I BET YOU CANT.
And PS,,,, go stick your so called good advice.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
reply to post by newcovenant

Numbers aside it is Cut & Dry.... The Parents left their children unattended in a foreign country check out the locations too it's quite a distance from where they were being entertained... Not in ear shot! Home Alone or in this case... minors in a hotel room ...NO SITTERS in a foreign country... There is no excuse at all... other than the disappearance itself, the Parents have comitted a crime they have never faced charges for!

Being a "Parent" myself ...yes I'm qualified and have a better understanding..... I would NEVER and may I add I've holidayed in Spain, leave my kids unattended at any point be it night or day for any reason. I'm usually very calm but this subject makes me quite angry....
My wife made a good point, "if they went to kidnap children why not take them all... or if you only want one why not take the youngest harder to identify as they age"?

They are not fit to be parents plain and simple. If you wanted time away from the kids why take them on holiday with you?

Maybe true enough and you have some valid considerations but personally and this is just me, I would stop short of accusing the parents of murdering their own child. I know for some it is one of those things where you abhor in others what you dislike most about yourself.
People hate that they may sometimes inadvertently risk the life of their own child, this is so abhorrent you look for it in others and when they fail at perfection you attack and blame.

This doesn't get the child back.

A doctor who left his baby in the car for a moment to go to the office and then was overwhelmed with calls...dead baby. Nobody is blaming him...they are feeling for him and offering sympathy, not the opposite of sympathy.
It is the strangest thing...people here saying kids aren't abducted except by parents. Insane really.
Trying to think of another place on the internet where child abductions are downplayed. I can't.
Parents make mistakes all the time,some bigger than others,but some make costly mistakes and you never get the chance to correct them.The one the Dr. made shouldn't be seen as a murder,and he will continue to pay for it the rest of his life as will Maddie's parents,think twice parents so you won't pay for it like these parents are...There are much more harsher sentences than being in prison................................................................................................................................................ ................................................disregard my mention of he McCann's,I just read through the case and didn't know all of the details,the whole story is suspicious to say the least
edit on 29-7-2011 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrastneyJPR

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
Very Interesting......

In addition to the DNA tests the other MAIN distinguishing feature was in Madelines Right Eye....

Below the pupil you can see a 'leeching' of the pupil into the iris called a Colobomas....

It is a very rare condition which affects.............0.007% of the population........

This in addition to DNA evidence would be a very strong indicator....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/092b858ba751.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6636c29de15b.jpg[/atsimg]

PDUK
edit on 28-7-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

just to point out that the second image isn't of the girl they found, but a computer generated image of what Maddy might look like now - created some time ago.

This is explained in the Daily Fail article linked earlier, but yes, if the girl found has the eye thing then it's more likely to be her.
edit on 28-7-2011 by CrastneyJPR because: to add text
My daughter has that eye condition.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This in contrast to so many other children that are missing , always seems to bring the headline news. But I do hope for the parents that they will find their daughter. As I hope for every parent who lost her or his child!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
The amount of small girls and young women that go missing in Spain and Portugal each year is high.
The officially unsolved cases of missing children in Portugal, according to the police list, is 11, although in average every day has two new cases, but most of those are children that run from home or that are taken by one of the parents.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrankyPantsUK

Originally posted by girl_interrupted
I wish with everything I have in me that the missing children of the world could be found and reunited with their parents. Maddie, Kyron Horman, and so many others just vanish. It must be a special hell for a parent to attempt to go about their life when they don't know where their child is.

All I can do is pray. And I do.

So do I

I just wonder if this huge attention that Maddie recieved would have been the same if another kid from a working class family who does not belong to the middle class, was average looking, and lived on a council estate had gone missing?

Happens everyday

No-one gives a crap

edit on 29-7-2011 by CrankyPantsUK because: (no reason given)

They want you to believe the life of the middle-upper class is more valuable than us working class cretins. And anyone who questions the media and government reaction to both are just heartless psychopaths!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
And how disgusting that those who believe the McCanns tall claims are allowed to openly slander those of us who don't.

Have you noticed, impartial readers, that not one person who believed the McCanns are guilty have character attacked others? It speaks volumes on the intelligence(or lack of it) of those who believe the official story that all they have when confronted with facts and serious questions are insults about user morality and sanity.

How dare you make assertions on the character of myself and others because we happen to disbelieve in a story with more holes than a spaghetti strainer!

The general line of reasoning from the sheep is as follows - "If you don't believe what I believe you're a non-empathetic psychopath with no emotions or soul".

Just sickening that you vile people can make such character judgments and condemnations. You're basically slandering the VAST majority of Portuguese as mentally ill.

Do not speak about Karma, pseudo-ethical swine! There will be no ill Karma for me, I wish bad on nobody. All of you hoping that ATS members like myself have their children kidnapped, you are the ones who should threat on Karma. You're clearly the heartless who lack even the most basic of moral compasses.

Some of you people are just foul. Go clean your mirrors and have a good bloody look at yourselfs!
edit on 29-7-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

If you already have a dead child on your conscious are you going to dine out with friends and leave the remaining children unattended? It doesn't make sense. Also you say which contradicts this.
I think that the theory that points to Madeleine's death doesn't say that the parents were having dinner knowing that she was dead, it says that she died accidentally (probably because she was under the influence of some sleeping drug) while her parents were having dinner with their friends.

I think I would be pretty pissed off if cops were accusing me rather than working quickly to find her abductor before they left the country with my child. I don't think she took part in the search because she was being questioned and also as I recall they kept one parent based near where the child turned up missing in case they saw or heard something or Madeline somehow returned.
Those 48 questions were presented to Kate McCann in September, four months after Maddie's disappearance.

Hardly damning.
But strange, specially from a doctor, don't you think?

Well then Maddy should be in the old fridge at the dump. She wasn't so she was kidnapped.
The fact that she wasn't inside the fridge when it was dumped doesn't mean that she was kidnapped, and you know it, only a very stupid person would go dump a fridge with a body inside it when he knew that all eyes were on him.

Corrupt police? Like THAT could NEVER happen.
Do you mean the British police that came to Portugal on purpose with their dogs to do that work were corrupt?

All pretty flimsy evidence. It is far more likely the child was abducted than her parents were complicit in her death. I would say odds are about 1 in a hundred they had anything to do with it. I would still bet my life on those odds.
Kidnappings of children are not that common in Portugal, while accidental deaths happen frequently, so I guess the odds point more to an accident than to a kidnapper.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

I just read through your link,wow lots of strange behavior and strange comments coming from the McCanns saying they have something to hide is an understatement.I knew of the case but wasn't familiar with the finer points of it..... changed my mind ,thanks for the link

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Nobody who has looked at the details of the case of Madeleine McCann can have much confidence in the assertions of Kate and Gerry McCann. Personally, I believe that Madeleine died in apartment 5A at the Ocean Club in Prahia da Luz, as is indicated by the reactions of the cadaver dog taken to examine that place.

It would be interesting to know whether the child sighted in Leh had a coloboma. The logo of the "Find Madeleine" campaign made prominent use of that physical feature of the child's right eye. The Portugese police advised against drawing attention to the coloboma for fear that such a tell tale clue if widely known would cause Madeleine's abductors to murder her to rid themselves of a "hot potato".

The McCann's proceeded against the advice of police in that instance. However, to my knowledge, not one child with a coloboma has been spotted during the campaign, among the few blonde tots to which the police were directed by the public.

This is the kind of thing that happens when a police investigation is taken over by the parents (and prime suspects) in a case.

If the parents are guilty in this case, it means that in addition to charges related to the disappearance of Madeleine, her parents would be facing charges of fraud connected to the "Find Madeleine" fund, which collected somewhere in the vicinity of two million pounds from donors wanting to help find the child.

There are a lot of peculiarities and anomalies about this case and many oddities found in the statements of Kate and Gerry. The criticism that doubters of the story told by the parents are receiving is unjustified when the case is examined in detail.
edit on 29-7-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join