It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conspiracy in the seventh day adventist faith.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
hi i just wanna know if you guys know about conspiracies in the adventist faith? i just wanna know from the church's inception to now, i hear it is the 2nd largest denomination with the amt of asssets. (10 billion usd in all) the catholic hurch ranks 1st.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Where did you hear that they had the 2nd highest amount of assets? I can think of other groups that I'd think that would have more, of course I could be wrong.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The only "conspiracy " i'm aware of in the Adventist church is the refusal
to believe in the Sunday Sabbath. They prefer to follow their Guru/Spin-Doctor Ellen G. White.She supposedly saw a halo around the 4th commandment in a vision from God. That was her justification to worship
on Saturday instead of Sunday, Thereby leading millions of possible
believers away from the True word of God, to follow her Godless delusions.
7th day worship ended when Jesus died on the cross.The Sunday Sabbath began the following Sunday morning. (Matt.28:1,Mark 16:1,Luke 24:1)

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I grow up in the seventh day religion, my father is a devouted follower and he preaches he is also and elder.

The only thing I remember was their views about the catholic they were aginst it in a very scary way.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by f16falcon

There are a little more than 1 million members of the protestant Christian denomination called Seventh-day Adventists in the U.S. However, there are 16 million members in the S.D.A. church worldwide. Nearly all members are strict about paying tithe. Tithing is Biblical and refers to the 10% of one's income that one gives back to God to fund HIS work which is bringing the Gospel to the entire World, taking care of those less fortunate by building a hospital or clinic wherever a church is built, and by ministering to the needs of others in the event of a natural disaster. The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is usually the first international relief agency (even ahead of the American Red Cross because the Adventist Church is established in 200 countries worldwide). Thus, ADRA is usually first on the scene of a natural disaster and they are the last to leave or they stay on indefinitely.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I grew up 7th Day Adventist and went to 7th Day Adventist schools. I dont know of any conspiracies per se other than the change in worship from Sunday to Saturday - which was explained to me the reason is Sunday was chosen to be used by the other christians as a day of worship to get more pagans involved (akin to Christmas Day being what it is etc) for SDA Friday at Sundown is when the Sabbath starts. No pork etc. And tithing is a BIG deal. There is the "Great Disappointment" where Christs 2nd (3rd 4th, whatever) coming was predicted for a certain day and didn't happen, however apparently the math was wrong so they changed the date again and when that never happened, they decided they would follow the biblical doctrine that we will not know the exact date and so on, so they just say now that it is soon. And yes the Catholic Doctrine is looked upon with antipathy, even though the doctrines are very similar. In TN there are colleges etc for the SDA. I do not recall any "conspiracies", everything is pretty much an open book.

My family was kicked out of the church for our inability to pay our tithe when I was young, so I no longer keep up with it. My grandmother is (BIGTIME) and I will go to hell because I volunteer in the kitchen for bingo (gambling) on Friday nights... a double whammy - gambling ON THE SABBATH! and I LOVE bacon

Casing

edited for better clarity - I hope

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Casing]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Casing

My family was kicked out of the church for our inability to pay our tithe when I was young, so I no longer keep up with it.

So tithe is not a voluntary thing? It is mandated? Do you have to sign a covenant? Do they ask the amount of your income so they know that you are really giving them 10% and not holding anything back?

Do they expect their 10% from your gross or your net?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
bottom line......Jesus loves money.

Bling bling Judus.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by crusader

There was a little shake up after herbert armstrong died--he was a prophet who gave answers for the end times found in the bible but not so easy to figure out--

I have [thetrumpet.com] in my favorite list and go there to get the real world news as it pertains to the bible. go check it out.
They believe in the god family-saturday worship-and bible study of the end times mainly--they have the scoop on israel, russia,and iran in the end time prophesy--as well as americas and the european union--they believe the holy roman empire is now established in the EU and the cathlolic church will be in controle behind the scenes with germany at the center. I study the bible alot and have followed them pretty close--they have been right on concerning world affairs--worth going to the trumpet .com just to get the relgious take on what is going on in the world now-

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

So tithe is not a voluntary thing? It is mandated? Do you have to sign a covenant? Do they ask the amount of your income so they know that you are really giving them 10% and not holding anything back?

Do they expect their 10% from your gross or your net?

At that time, no it was not voluntary, yes they knew exactly how much we made because I was going to their school, and in order to charge for the private school fees they had proof of income. And if I remember correctly it was gross income. If you were willing to pay a tax to your government based on your income then surely you would pay your tithe on this same basis?

Casing

top topics

join