It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Team Poison pwnz Lulzsec

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

Why is everyone starring but not flagging this? Odd. Anyway, I have been expecting something like this for a while. I recognize a few of those names actually, not because I'm in the 'underground scene' but because I lurk around the underground scene. A few of them are top notch reverse-engineers I think. I like reverse-engineers the most of all hackers. The process of 'deconstructing' complex systems fascinates and outstands me. But back on topic; anyone with half a brain can see that LulzSec are public show ponies, and most likely imo working for some agency to push some sort of agenda. I'm glad to see the 'real' hackers aren't just sitting and letting them run wild.
edit on 28-7-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by klenker

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by klenker

lol sorry I misunderstood you, and Team Poison isnt new they've been around for awhile, just not a group you will hear about, since they aren't in it for the fame.

Ahh, nps mate
I might have to take a precautionary check into it more, crikey how many are there!!

Good thing about this thread, it's an eye opener!

Hi,

I think I seen Team Poison many times in cracks etc

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Hilltaker

Good advice.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by klenker

It always rubs me the wrong way to hear anyone say that. Whenever I hear someone blame government action on them, I feel like I'm hearing a prisoner warn the other not to screw around or there will be no cold gruel that night. Government controls are coming whether anyone fights it or not. In fact, I'm certain Anonymous has helped out greatly. It's now being brought to the forefront as a serious newsworthy issue. This internet is this last hope of free humanity in my opinion. I know that's a fatalist statement but where else can we access... everything? It's all we've got left and it's worth a hot war over.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

They do indeed reverse engineer, hell some of these people could be paid big doing what they do, but instead they remain underground, something I respect greatly

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hilltaker

Originally posted by klenker

reply to post by klenker

lol sorry I misunderstood you, and Team Poison isnt new they've been around for awhile, just not a group you will hear about, since they aren't in it for the fame.

Ahh, nps mate
I might have to take a precautionary check into it more, crikey how many are there!!

Good thing about this thread, it's an eye opener!

Hi,

I think I seen Team Poison many times in cracks etc

Thanks,

Cant say I have, unless they were without NFO files, but there is a good chance I have their work then

Nudge nudge wink wink say no more

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

Ain't that the truth, but I can say with confidence our beloved interweb will not go down without a fight, and I kinda doubt they will filter it. Even if they do so, there will always be ways around it

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by klenker

Haha you probably do, they release tons of cracks and warez, I think they were the first to crack XP, but don't quote me on that

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

Yeah, if they ever tried to filter it, workaround toolkits would abound, if not starting all-out riots. I feel much better about this TeamPoison now. I guess I gave them the response that some give to Anonymous, BURN 'EM ALL! But most know that's wrong. Seems to me now that TP is taking out the trash. Good for them. As for teh Lulz, too bad kids. They're no doubt defecating in their pants lately. At least the newfriends. Cool story to tell in 10 years but for now, tisk tisk. Wrong time to be screwing around on the net without a cloak.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Why is everyone starring but not flagging this?

Possibly because this 'Current Event' apparently happened about 5 weeks ago.
June 22, 2011, is the date on the article.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I can't wait to see the end product of all this stuff going on in the "hacktivism" world. Specifically, the court transcripts.

Prosecutor: "Is it true you are a member of lulz sec?"
Defendent: -silent-
Prosecutor: "Son, were you 'bringing the lulz'? Do you find the attacks on corporations 'lulzy'?"
Defendent "It was pretty lulzy"
Prosecutor: "Ha! So you admit you were part of the lulz!"

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Yeah, but did you hear about it? Besides yesterday was when they released the dox and info, you can find it on piratebay

edit on 28-7-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Haha, if that's how they were to trial him, I think we would all be guilty of being involve
d in the lulz

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Yeah, but did you hear about it? Besides yesterday was when they released the dox and info, you can find it on piratebay
This reply of yours, is so awful that you must be joking, but I cannot be sure.

I was simply answering a question, that had been asked. I then closed this thread, and moved on. I was not badmouthing you.

This unneeded pathetic attempt at defending yourself, is ridiculous. An event does not become current, simply because someone did not previously know about it.

This info that you say is on ThePirateBay, was not even mentioned by you, until this actual reply of yours. That doesn't matter anyways though, because this is still a 5 week old event, that you are claiming is current.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The thing about Lulzsec is that their hacking skills were never one of the things they presented as their foremost ability. (Causing drama and getting media attention seems to be more their thing.)

What was so lulzy is the fact (if not obvious enough already) that they did use what were supposedly old dated methods and script-kiddy techniques in order to exploit the systems that they did and access the data. I think that aspect was very intentional and one of the points they were trying to make is that there are serious flaws in government and corporate security. Weak hacks should not have broken those systems. If anything resembling real security existed, Lulzsec shouldn't have even be able to cause half the mischief they did.

If other hackers are mad, it's not about any skills being bragged about. (Although they will claim that.) It's that somebody went and did really obvious stuff that's finally going to make all the old easy vulns go away.

Now whether or not the data taken from Lulzsec themselves is real is also another thing. It's not like somebody couldn't leave an intentional honeypot with a random list of IPs and phonebook names in order to create more drama for the lulz. (Are they that clever?) That data doesn't mean much unless somebody is bothered enough to investigate and validate it. Somebody going off of this list alone will have their work cut out for them to ensure it's not all false leads.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join