It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Taxpayers to foot bill in 'pilot program' on US/Mexico border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
American taxpayers are expected to foot the bill for another wonderful program - a program that will grant permanent operating authority to Mexican trucking companies and provide equipment for their trucks.

Here is a snip from Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood's proposal:

The pilot allows Mexican trucks to operate on U.S.highways beyond the current border commercial zone and it allows Mexican carriers to obtain permanent operating authority from the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) after 18 months in the pilot program. That permanent authority could not be rescinded were Congress or the Administration to terminate the Mexican truck pilot program.
According to DeFazio, US taxpayers will be footing the bill to pay for Mexico's trucking companies to bypass American safety standards and theses Mexican trucking companies will be granted PERMANANT authority to operate in the US that cannot be rescinded should the program be terminated.

See article HERE

Gee, if I'm poor and have a crummy truck, will uncle Sam help me and give me 'permanent operating authority' and buy equipment as well? Do I also get a pass on safety standards?

edit on 28-7-2011 by explorer14 because: uhh errr well...no ones perfect

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Here's the way I read this. Not as something that should anger Americans because of the economy or because they can't find homes. I see this with binoculars having heard all this long, long ago. Just another benchmark on the road to one world government.
edit on 28-7-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: grammar

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

agreed - we can probably just print more money if needed anyhow

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by explorer14

ya, I can't wait till the rent they are asking for the smallest, crappiest efficiency apartment is more than I make, now, it's just half of my month's takehome pay!!!

they're broke, they don't know if they are gonna be able to send the seniors their checks........
so, why they still spending money on crap that will more than likely just drive our wages down more and as a result, drive our economy deeper into the grave????

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
OH SO YET WERE IN ALL ALL THIS DEPT BUT LETS PAY FOR THERE LEGAL WAYS TO DRIV ON THE US.
LETS ,AKE IT EASIER FOR PPL TO GET ILLEGAL STUFF

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
what can I say?? another step on the road to weakining our nation while helping out another nation and helping them to grow stronger. we keep this up we will be too weak to do anything but join the NWO

top topics

join