It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught on tape: Police beat and taser 'gentle' mentally-ill homeless man to death

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Butterbone

In a case like this, how much information would I have needed to realize the truth of a situation where 6 armed men are murdering an individual??? Beating him to death.
Is there ANY situation where you can shoot a police officer in self defense???
Has anyone heard of any case in the US where someone won a self defense case against a police officer???

That is exactly my question.

We have 'Good Samaritan' laws that protect us if we intervene to help someone and it goes afoul.

We also have laws that are spelled out in black and white that IF a officer of the law is trying to make an unfounded arrest - something for which you are innocent - you are allowed to defend yourself even top the officers death.

Needless to say I’m not endorsing killing cops, I’m subscribing to taking our rights in hand and using them!

That being said - I can't imagine there isn't some precedent in-between these laws that would protect OUR rights when STEPPING UP TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT FROM BEING KILLED BY COPS!

Let me get the links to both 'parts' of the law and maybe we can start a thread about the subject and make heads out of the tails were currently living under.

peace

edit on 28-7-2011 by silo13 because: gack

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
What a horrible video to watch

such evil in this world sometimes you can't believe it goes on,even if those cops get done for murder it still won't bring the guy they beat to death back to life.

How could a human do that to another human beaing ?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by Butterbone

In a case like this, how much information would I have needed to realize the truth of a situation where 6 armed men are murdering an individual??? Beating him to death.
Is there ANY situation where you can shoot a police officer in self defense???
Has anyone heard of any case in the US where someone won a self defense case against a police officer???

That is exactly my question.

We have 'Good Samaritan' laws that protect us if we intervene to help someone and it goes afoul.

We also have laws that are spelled out in black and white that IF a officer of the law is trying to make an unfounded arrest - something for which you are innocent - you are allowed to defend yourself even top the officers death.

Needless to say I’m not endorsing killing cops, I’m subscribing to taking our rights in hand and using them!

That being said - I can't imagine there isn't some precedent in-between these laws that would protect OUR rights when STEPPING UP TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT FROM BEING KILLED BY COPS!

Let me get the links to both 'parts' of the law and maybe we can start a thread about the subject and make heads out of the tails were currently living under.

peace

edit on 28-7-2011 by silo13 because: gack

Indeed if this thread could spark a thread on our legal response as citizens to unquestionable abuses by LE, at the time of the incident and not what to do after it would be worth the awful images it contains. If there is a measured and legal citizen response to this type of out of control behavior it would put the brakes on the "no consequences" environment they have now. That said it is not only the cops but also the judges who help protect them who need to be put to challenge on an immediate level as they abuse their power. How this can occur in a real time manner is also worthy of discussion. The problem I see is avoiding the "vigilante" perception as the MSM will back up LE and paint the citizens as extremist. They have defined anyone who would act in this manner as a potential "terrorist" so I see a lot of difficulty in application even if legaly sound having it get through the courts.
seed

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Here's another case...

He says a police officer then grabbed his arm and told him he needs to sit down.

He jerked his arm from the officer and told him "Don't touch me."

He said he did nothing else and the officer responded by tackling him.

After he was on the ground two more officers jumped in and held him to the ground while two more officers beat on him.

Neighbors told Fox news that they witnessed the police just standing over the man wailing away, punching him again and again while he was being pinned down to the ground.

Now here's the kicker..

According to Fox news the man was brutally beaten after calling the Loganville, Georgia police for help after his son just committed suicide.

The police were totally HEARTLESS!!! He had just found his son had committed suicide. The police new this before arriving. I'm glad I don't live in Loganville. But still too close for comfort.

Here's a link to the article I read....Link

edit on 29-7-2011 by relocator because: Added link

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
This makes me viloently angry twards these LEO's....they need the same thing done to them. Im just discusted that this happens so frequently. We as citizens need to enforce these laws that the cops break and when we see things like this happening GET PROOF, MAKE IT PUBLIC, INTERVIEN.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join