It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was going to email the ATS staff, I changed my mind.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Remember the polls? That was some interesting results for hot topics of the (time). We have a huge presidential election coming up.

Why not make a poll?

Side note, just make it a straw poll... no responses allowed. Lets see what we get? Shall we?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

I am lost?

VVV

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

You and me both brother .

Omega

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

A few months ago we had polls on various things. The last item (that ended up killing the polling system) was about making it harder for smaller websites to create funding thru advertisements. I understand that fact, but, why would the polls stop after that?

There should be an independent poll system. What better than ATS?

It would solve the revenue issue as well. =)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

I have found the results of polls to not really be as accurate as it proclaims to be. And on a site where peoples opinions seem to be easily influenced by all types of factors, i hardly think, the poll would yield accurate results.

vvv

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Let me make a prediction.

Ron Paul - 99%
Other - 1%

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
Remember the polls? That was some interesting results for hot topics of the (time). We have a huge presidential election coming up.

Why not make a poll?

Side note, just make it a straw poll... no responses allowed. Lets see what we get? Shall we?

Try this
" We have a huge presidential election coming up.

Why not make a poll?

Side note, just make it a straw poll... no responses allowed. Lets see what we get?"

And a title like "Presidential Poll".

I think you are confusing people and therefore not getting across your message.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

It's pretty easy to get people to believe you. If your smart.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

your missing the point.

your getting the message because your actually paying attention.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

This, obviously. I would wager that Palin would get >1% on here though judging by some posts. Let's be real here, a poll on ATS would be unscientific and unreliable. Like that needed to be said.

Maybe ATS should have group projects. We can all debunk prayer together. Or go protesting. Or feeding the homeless.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

This message is to ask the ATS staff to make a poll, just to see.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

No actually, that strategy will not work and will get your thread removed. You need a title that pertains remotely to the OP and the atrocious grammar/spelling will scare away anyone that does manage to see the post.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack
Let's be real here, a poll on ATS would be unscientific and unreliable. Like that needed to be said.

Actually, I think a poll on ATS would be a very nice slice of your average American. We aren't all rich, we aren't all poor. Some of us live penthouses some live in 2 bedroom homes.

There is no prejudice here, therefore all walks of life are here. The same walks of life that are "voting".

Please do the poll... I don't know how you would do it but... it would be super super interesting on election day. If you could pull off live streaming results or something. I dunno you have a year.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

Are you serious? Do you think my random email in their thousands they get that day is gonna work? Why not make a thread of people that agree it would be cool. We need to see some kind of real results here not what TV tells us.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I lied my arse off on the polls on here, had a good laugh doing it too.
Picked the most extreme out there non ATS mind set of answers.
Even more so on that one that was asking for insane things like income and such.

I'm posting this to prove most polls are entertainment only because you'll always have trolls like me.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

You would joke around about who you would pick for a president?

I'm wasting my time apparently.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

I'm sure they will bring back the polls, they seemed to be pretty popular
Although i am abit lost about the straw poll? If there are no responses allowed then it isnt really a poll yeah?

Maybe they are just waiting for subject matter and i'm sure the elections would make a good topic.

Instead of emailing just U2U a mod, they normally know what is happeing on ATS.

Originally posted by Omega85

You and me both brother .

Omega

Your always lost O

edit on 28-7-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

There is no accountability in the current voting system. This was apparent in 2000, nothing has changed.

This can be a venue. Think about it.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

oh you want people to cast votes on ATS?

I guess that makes sense, although there isnt enough contributors to make the results meaningfull, i think on the recent polls, they averaged about 10,000 responces which isnt much compared to the population.

Although it would show trends.... so maybe. There is the other point that people may be reluctant because voting is anonomyous at the real polls and they may worry or become paranoid that there input can be traced back to their accounts. Not that it really matters to me but some people may be concerned about it.

Vote 1 Havick!!

If your interested in the voting scandal and supposed voting machine theories you may like this doco -

This is my thread about it -

Uncounted - The documentary

edit on 28-7-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

You smell that rabbit?

Fear.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join