It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I LOVE my life...and I don't think I'm the only one!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RUNSILENT

Thank you! You most definately get it.

It is a state of mind.....

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

not only that it becomes very fulfilling and natural very fast
in a few months time i have literally found many years worth of questions answered past negative emotions resolved and settled within my being that have lingered for over 30 years
this is simply put amazing
i have one question tho having not figured this out from one source but in many little gems
when i try to put it into words to family i find myself out of control lol
so i see why i seem CRAZY because it flows and flows
one of my sisters is the only one i can tell right now as she does not totally get it but she sees the new me
if that makes sense here i go again lol
how do i slow down ?????

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUNSILENT
at this point and place in time
i am unemployed , living in a basement , benefits running out
no prospects too qualified or too old to get hired i should be in deep depression
BUT i refuse i am concentrating on positive thought action and feeling
and i am happier than i have been since grade school
I AM ALIVE ON A BEAUTIFUL PLANET FULL OF WONDER
how why do not know but learned it here
ty for the post we will survive we always have and always will

consider yourself semi-retired, like me.

same here no bennies, too old and over qualified. besides i make a lousy employee.

i have a typhoon blowing by tonite and plan to stay on my patio/roof till i get blown off it

or run out of beer.

we have a snake running around and there are warning signs up, seriously, lol, the people here freak!

there are rats too, don't kill the snakes! there is only 1 scraggly cat i've seen in 3 years here. who will eat the rats!? i have a plan!

it's good to be alive!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUNSILENT
at this point and place in time
i am unemployed , living in a basement , benefits running out
no prospects too qualified or too old to get hired i should be in deep depression
BUT i refuse i am concentrating on positive thought action and feeling
and i am happier than i have been since grade school
I AM ALIVE ON A BEAUTIFUL PLANET FULL OF WONDER
how why do not know but learned it here
ty for the post we will survive we always have and always will

RUNSILENT , i really liked this post .

Very much and truly , inspirational .

Love and light .

Omega

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

what is really strange to me i have spent decades searching for what a bike wreck and this wonderful place showed me in a few short months simply amazing
all the wonderful minds here remind me of what people used to be and thought extinct
something wonderful is happening right in front our faces and many different peoples are going WOW
even tired old farts like me

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Good to see someone with a positive take.

We just came back about a week ago from Mexico, down on the yucatan penninsula... when you fly into Cancun....it looks great...well, really like a Mexican Myrtle Beach or Daytona. But once you leave the money spots, it gets poor quick.

In fact, the whole interior of Yucatan looks like it was built about 30 years ago and has not been maintained since. People live in small cinderblock buildings with water cisterns up on block towers to maintain pressure. The roads for the most part are terrible, and everything looks in a state of decay.

Now to the point...the people are wonderful. very loving, kind, considerate, generous, and they don't have a pot to piss in.

The only analogy I can make is to the poor mountain folks of rural Appalachia, living in dirt floor shantys with hardly a thing to their name...but happy as can be and will give you some of what they got.

Is that where we are headed as a nation...I don't know. History and educastion are wonderful things in that they give you a perspective and template of what is and what may be....shadows of Dickens and Scrooge... "Tell me good spirit, is this a portence of what will be or what MAY be?"

If the whole shooting match falls apart tommorrow, what will your spirit be? Will you smile and bask in the beauty of the world and "Consider the lillies of the field?" or will you wallow in misery and depression at losing all of your dear possessions?

If you place your happiness on how much you have...then you are no better than the elites...who are never ha[ppy with enough, as enough is never enough.

Place your happiness in today, the beauty of those around you... family, friends, something good to eat...find a spiritual harbour....for me that is Christ Jesus...for you it may be something else...but you do need a spiritual base of some sort.

Although not a big fan of Tim McGraw...one of my favorite songs is"Live like You Were Dying."

If tommorrow was not guarenteed...what would then be important to you...a flat screen TV or your child? A 2 door coupe or your mate? A big giant house or a chance to build one more sand castle with your family?

Like the OP said...LOVE is the key....LOVE .

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

when i came back from VIETNAM i started living for today and my father never understood
i did not really understand how right that was until recently but that gut instinct that i have carried all these years
are coming to the masses
sweeet i am no longer a kook lol
when people see they need food shelter and companionship and that is all
they will start to live, feel not just exist and find peace within
I AM ALIVE

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
If only there were more people like you in this world. Yes...we need more people who truly appreciate all life and mother nature. To give back more than they take. I can't say I'm one of these people, but I strive to be.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Thank you! What an wonderful post!

Sandcastles....it reminds me of the good times.

Isn't it funny how when we look back at our lives and think about what was important to us? For me, it's not my first tv, stereo, credit card or loan. It's my friends, familly and the fun times we shared together. Playing soccer as a child and going on camping trips....to flathead lake in Montana and Canon beach in Oregon. As an adult it was the joy of watching my children grow and learn...taking THEM camping. LAUGHING with me. Those are the moments I treasure the most.

Yes, bad things happen but how we let it affect us is completely up to us.

I am a person that smiles a lot and laughs a lot. I think it is good for the soul. We need to take care of our souls, you know?

@runsilent: I understand. It sound like you have reached a point in your life where you are happy. That is great...and ofcourse you want to share it! For most people, as you have found, they simply don't understand where you are coming from. I think that the best way to explain to family and friends is to simply show them. Lead by example. When they see that you have a meager living but are so much happier than everyone else, it will eventually make them stop and think. Then they will ask you how....on their own time, when they are ready to hear it. Trust me. You have probably already got some people examining their lives.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

thank you for another nugget
i learned pretty quick that the fear what you do not understand is very ingrained into peoples brain
as i scared a niece very badly so i do not do that anymore
my one sister that i do talk to was the most negative person on the planet so no matter what i was going to show this evolving me firsthand no matter what
her husband has a brain disease and getting his disability has been ridicules 33 yrs same company
so she needs some light and i go every two weeks ramble on shine sole riddle sort while she sees the changes in me
and it is working so another correct sense on my part

top topics

<< 1   >>

join