It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disappearing posts and replies...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Is anyone else having this happen. I have been here almost all day. I know I made more than one reply to
several different posts...and a few of those posts were starred more than once or twice.

Sooo...here's my dealeo. Where did those posts I answered go? No mods let me know that they were removed, they are just gone...none of them would have been considered against the TOS here, and they were interesting...none of the Face Book drivel that seems to have taken over this board lately.

Some strange things happenin' 'round here, not like it used to be. Are we not allowed to leave more than one post to a thread now? Believe me, when I post it does have content and does NOT support ignorance. Or is it something else? I do hope not. I've seen my post numbers go up...then I watch them go down...usually by one or two a day...any ideas?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Do you perhaps have an example of a thread you replied to, but where the post is now gone?

No moderator has the ability to simply delete a post without a trace of its existence...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Did you search "my posts" to find were they are?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
thankx guys...will look for exacts in the morning...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
Do you perhaps have an example of a thread you replied to, but where the post is now gone?

No moderator has the ability to simply delete a post without a trace of its existence...

I'm fairly certain mrlizard made a thread about creating a Cyber warfare forum that I can't find any longer, unless it's just me...?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

at least three times i've typed out replies to post, pressed the magic button, and -poof-, disappeared. i figured because this is a high volume site sometimes something will slip through the cracks.

i've also gone to 'myATS' so i can follow-up reading in a thread i've posted to only to find out it's not there. c'est la vie.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
here we go again.
how long till this gets Deleted?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I have noticed this as well. I do not think the ATS mods are doing this. I am starting to think that maybe ATS is being hacked and someone is messing with ATS from the outside. Is it just possible that somethings on ATS are just a little too close to the truth and TPTB are going around the net and deleting such things? I have to wonder.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I'm fairly certain mrlizard made a thread about creating a Cyber warfare forum that I can't find any longer, unless it's just me...?

Fortunately, people keep asking:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is the Next Big Thing, and it needs to be discussed.

I've also experienced 404's and missing posts relating to this topic.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
i had a post go awol from the front page on the thread. It was there because i remember seeing it got stars and when i went back later it was gone.. I messaged a mod but got no reply... I dont think its ats staff doing it...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Could it be the server? This is a huge site!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Could be. We need to start keeping track of the topics and subjects this happens to. See if there is a pattern. It seems to hit only some topics and not others from what I have seen and that means someone is behind this if you ask me. Let us see if we can find a pattern.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

This happened in one of my old threads and I even commented on it in the thread:

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Originally posted by fallenearth2010
reply to post by FortAnthem

minati hand signals identifies people assossiated with the TPTB.
Some examples in the music industry are Jay-z, Kanye West, Beyonce.....Now we see it in MMA with Ben Henderson. I just saw WEC 48 and the title

OK , you're gonna have to explain that one for me a little more.

Whoa! This is freakin me out!

Am I the only one who noticed that the post I responded to above completely disappeared?

No "off topic post", no "major T & C vilation", nothing, just gone.

I'm really freaked out. Was there another dimentional shift?

Did Oz and New Zealand get switched around again?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Funny thing is, NOW the post shows up as an off topic post but, I swear; it was just two posts above my response and It was nowhere to be found when the thread was active. It had completely disappeared from the thread at the time.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
reply to post by Night Star

Could be. We need to start keeping track of the topics and subjects this happens to. See if there is a pattern.

I notice a definite pattern. Anything related to internet censorship, The Code War, "cyber-terrorism", and AI. I haven't noticed it with any other topics.

And I also doubt that staff are responsible.

Does anyone know if ATS offers an encrypted version of the site?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Don't know who's doing it but it's definitely happening! Last week I had posted comments in two different threads that totally disappeared within two hours. The threads weren't moved, they and all the posts within them just vanished into thin air.

All I can say is that; If the Mods aren't doing this, then who is? I have to believe that it's either the mods or the site owner because if were anyone else you'd think that the mods/owners would be highly concerned as well. Why no response from the mods/owners?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Maybe they are but as they do not know who is doing this themselves why say it. If this is indeed the case I guess they let us know something when they find out. They may even know for a fact who is doing this but are afraid to say anything or the whole site might just disappear. It would not be the first web site to get erased off the net or the last.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Not a new policy, just the same ones that have been in place for ages. Minimal OP's, such as links to a video, without commentary or opinion, won't last long.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

I would agree with you except for the fact that one of the disappearing threads that I witnessed was really nothing more than a short rant against republicans and their policies. The main reason that the thread caught my attention was because it was authored by someone who normally doesn't rant at all and after reading it, I knew that someone or something had really gotten under this person's skin. I made a post in the thread, along with numerous other ATSers, and soon afterwards the entire thread along with all it's posts, (even those stored in my own profile) disappeared.

My point is that it was a harmless rant and who other than the mods and/or owners would have any reason to delete it? Much less to go to the trouble to track down and cleanse posts from individual profiles?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

It was most likely moved to the Off Topic Section Rant Forum.

Take a gander over in that forum and it will probably be there. Otherwise, without knowing the author or the thread name I can't provide you with any other answers.

Send me a PM with the info if you have it and I'll be happy to see what happened to it.

Nothing on ATS gets "deleted" unless it violates the T&C. Regardless of what some members think goes on behind the scenes, it's really not that nefarious.

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join