It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Somebody Please Tell Me WHY???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Why?

much love to you OldCorp

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Short answer: Animal instincts. We fear what we don't understand. We designate our territorites and defend them. We look down at other races as different (fear). It's a pack mentality... not being weak, striving for power, to reproduce, to survive. That's about it really. We've always been like this. Nature of the beast.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Why: because humanity has accepted evil into their hearts, slowly compromising their principles over decades and centuries, eventually culminating in what we have today; an indifferent, amoral, and self-absorbed foundation of individuals that care nothing of others, as long as they have their MSG laden fast foods, american idol, facebook, tweeter, sports, etc. Oh, and booze.

Not even a coming depression is shaking the proles out of their stupor of self absorption. Look around you at the ME ME ME paradigm that is at the heart of Western society. Its deplorable; and completely embraced and glorified.

I see a disturbing trend in the "truth" movement to put 100% of the onus on the TPTB. Surely they are to shoulder some of the responsibility; but the proles, us, the unwashed masses, are the most to blame. The PTB facilitate our own desires and urges to compete, to conquer one another, and to revel in self absorption.

A society mirrors its constituents perfectly; thats what a society is, an abstract entity that is the totality of its parts; the people.

Ive said before that Western society is corrupt to its absolute core. That core, is the people; the proles; collectively us.

Image for a moment, for just a day, that all non-PTB lost the desire to think of themselves beyond basic necessities like food and water and adequate clothing, etc; dropped the paradigm of ME ME ME and adopted the paradigm of "do unto others as you would have done unto yourself". At the end of that day, the PTB would cease to exist; they would be destroyed in short order. Whatever the necessary means, the ends would be accomplished as personal considerations would not stand in the way, and the "elite" would be hanging in gibbets at the end of that day, all their wealth seized, and their empires of greed, corruption, and war, all dissolved in a day.

My friend, no one is coming to save us. Jesus already gave us the means to save ourselves. "Do unto others as you would have done unto yourself" is the paragon of all messages, and the key that will open the door to a paradise here on Earth. Humanity's vehement refusal to take that message to heart is why we are where we are, and it has been of our own collective free will that we have refused the salvation that was offered so long ago.

Aliens, I completely believe exist. I also completely believe they want nothing to do with a violent, warlike, conquesting, self-absorbed, greedy and spiritually primitive simian race that will undoubtedly seek to exploit and eventually conquer those races around them in their interstellar neighborhood, just like they seek to do to each other on their home planet. In fact it would only be logical that advanced peaceful interstellar races with high technology would isolate such a species as ours, for their own safety and others. Non-peaceful ones would simply have annihilated the species by now, preventing a future threat from growing.

Just as Jesus aint comin to save us, neither are aliens. "Saving" would entail curtailing free will, and both, I suspect, are largely against that except in certain cases. By humanity's collective free will, we live as we do.

Greed is "I deserve more than you", and is the enormous trunk of this tree that bears only corrupt and poisonous fruits. False Pride ("I am [objectively] better than you") are its roots that run so deep in the human psyche.

The answer to this problem, is "be the change you want to see in the world", and is the only viable solution. Uproot greed and pride from your own soul, live justly and by the Golden Rule, show others the way by example, and slowly but surely, the reason and the force behind the "WHY" of your question will slowly begin to wither and die, eventually collapse, and its corrupt fruits will no longer poison society. To force another to change is impossible; the greatest we can do is excise the "WHY" from our own hearts, and offer others the chance to follow in our footsteps the path we make.

Perhaps you already do this though, OP. Its difficult to go against the flow of society, and despairing to think where the ever increasing momentum of our current paradigms will take us; but stay true to your principles, and to yourself. The true substance of an individual is reflected in their deeds during times when it seems pointless to go on, and the future hopeless and bleak.
edit on 28-7-2011 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Why

Why didnt it go BIG BOOM???????

why

such a hard question sometimes.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
reply to post by OldCorp

I have to politely disagree with you on this one... violence in Islam is not a given and the Quran is often misquoted (or quoted out of context) regarding this (same as the bible is often misquoted too)

I admit I have not read all of the Koran, not even half, so all I can go by is what I see in the world. I'm sure that most Muslims just want to live in peace, raise their families, and worship the way they want; just like me. Still, it seems as though there is a significant portion that interpret the Koran's message to be violent, and from what I have read they are interpreting it accurately (although I disagree with the message.)

Mohammed was a violent man, there can be no disputing this. By his own admission he was a liar, a thief, a rapist, pedophile, and murderer. Muslims claim that he was also the "perfect man" and that his example is to be emulated.

People often point out, "Well the Bible is violent too. Just look at the Old Testament, it's filled with blood." While this is true, these people fail to understand that the advent of Christ did away with all of that. Christ was the only perfect, sinless man to ever walk the planet. His message was one of love for your neighbor and forgiveness for those who have done you wrong. It was also a message of salvation. You don't need to become a "martyr" by strapping a bomb to yourself and detonating it in a crowded square in order to get to Heaven. All that is required is faith in Christ and the sacrifice that He made for us.

Still love the thread though

Peace

Thank you.

I hold nothing against anyone who wants to worship God in their own way as long as they do it peacefully. I have Muslim friends online, but if I had one IRL I'd be pleased to get on my knees with him/her 5 times a day. I feel the same about Atheists and members of other religions. IMO, NO religion or denomination has it exactly right. God's message to His children has been twisted and corrupted by men from the get go, and I'm quite sure that even my Southern Baptist roots aren't spot on, so I have no room to judge anyone. And we are warned that we should "judge not lest we be judged."

I'm counting on all of these questions to be answered by God Himself. The main reason I don't say to my Atheist friends, "Oooh, you're going to Hell," is because I don't believe they will, and I'll explain why. They say to me, "What about all of the people who died without hearing God's Word? Is the sadistic sonofabitch going to make them burn for eternity?"

The answer to that question is a resounding NO. According to the Bible, while Christ's body lay in the grave His spirit went into "Sheol," or "Abraham's Bosom" - a waiting place for souls - and preached His Father's word the way it was meant to be preached. As a result, Christ emptied Sheol of those souls and took them to Heaven with them when He ascended. "Well what about tribesmen in South America who died after Christ emptied Shoel? They never heard about Christ either."

I believe the same thing will happen before final judgement as did after the crucifixion. The God I know is a loving God who would never sentence His children to an eternal burning torment simply because they never heard His name. All those who have never heard of Jesus will have an opportunity to hear the message straight from God's own lips before they are judged, and any who would stand before Almighty God and still reject Him WILL be cast into Hell; not to eternal torture however. Revelation clearly states that fate is reserved for the Devil and the rebellious angels, and NOT for the souls of human beings.

Revelation states that for a human, being cast into the Lake of Fire is "the Second Death." No matter which way you slice it, dead is dead even for the spirit. I believe from my study of the Bible that the souls of those who reject God, even after hearing His Word from His own mouth, will be annihilated and not subject to eternal torture. This is why I tell my Atheist friends, "After judgement, I'm going to say 'I told you so' every day for the next ten thousand years."
They may not believe now, but once they behold the majesty of God with their own eyes it will be hard to deny; and none of my friends are stupid enough to do that (I don't think.)

*Sorry, didn't mean to ramble.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon102
reply to post by OldCorp

Tell you one thing though ol' chap, glad poeple like you are still around on ATS. The last couple of days I was beginning to think most folks in here advocated war and genocide based on beliefs and color of their skin.

Glad I was wrong. So damn wrong.

Originally posted by walkawaysober
reply to post by OldCorp

Great post

I live in a country that is so divided among ratial lines,inherited from our parents,that we(the youth)both black and white,when we meet in the workplace or educational institutions,we are so uncomfortable with each other that we end up grouping ourselves based on race.I just wish it could all stop and we could get along.Great piece though

IMO, anyone who hates their fellow man based on their race is nothing short of an idiot. Dr King is one of my heroes, and I believe with my whole heart that people should "not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Yeah. People. Go figure.

Two points to consider and I won't belabor them.

1- The Serenity Prayer. Some things you have no control over. The biggest one outside Nature herself, may be other people's actions. And that's just the way it is.

2- You can't feel badly enough to improve a situation or make someone else feel good. All you do is create more misery. Count your blessings and to the highest degree possible, try to maintain an attitude of gratitude. Don't waste your time on negative emotion. Our time is short, yet the race is long, and in the end, it's only with yourself.

People do what people do, and have since there have been people. The range of human behavior runs the gamut from the most heinous, conscienceless fiend, right up to the best and highest unselfish actions that can be aspired to. That's what makes us human. There isn't a lot of variation amongst fruit flies. One's pretty much like another. It's our highest potential, which has the flipside depravity, that makes us what we are. It's still an individual choice to make.

Anyway, fish more. That's always the best answer.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Quoted for truth.

And I have two 16 inch bass in my cooler that attest to the truth of the last sentence! After I came home with my fish this morning, my son went out and caught one exactly the same size. Can anybody guess what we're having for dinner?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore
reply to post by OldCorp

Once you get rid of the religious beliefs, the false history, and are able to open up thine eyes, you will soon see that most of these battles have NOTHING to do with humanity at all, but are wars and terrible things being fought by beings, and races you do not even currently know of... and they love the fact that humans have been altered so that most cannot see the reality.

Repair your DNA, expose the truth, cause it really is not all that hard to see.

Christianity is as bad as all the rest, the giving over of power to others, that CLAIM to be God's. Creator Gods.

The answer is so much longer than you imagine, but you will find it, and SOON.

"Religion" is a curse. FAITH is the answer.

Originally posted by RUNSILENT
its the same old song and dance my friends a game played exactly the same forever
starts my dad is better than your dad , my school is better than your school, my skin is better than your skin,my god is better than your god see a pattern here as a vietnam era veteran who just recently resolved my demons
all you gotta do is realize everthing you have been told is a lie
you do not need STUFF
you need food shelter companionship period
i refuse to play the game anymore
new game rules nobody is better than nobody is better than you we are all struggling against the overwhelming negative energy being bombarded around our perfect positive energy being
all positive thought all positive action will change many thing in your existence love you and yours and forgive and forget the rest ,and see the beauty of mother earth in front of you like you used to
view the world as a 3 yr old does you will find yourself again as i have
and quit buying their STUFF

Thank you for your service in a God-awful, pointless war brother.

You hit the nail on the head with your last sentence. No one will enter the Kingdom of God except as a child (attitude wise.)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

It made perfect sense. The truth often does, although some have a hard time seeing it.

reply to post by Ex

John Lennon. A great man indeed.

I remember where I was when I heard John Lennon had been shot; standing outside the chow hall in boot camp getting ready to go back to the barracks. Our drill instructor came out - I swear he had tears in his eyes - and told us, "Some commie pinko fa##ot just killed the greatest man who every lived. Unfortunately for you maggots I can't take my anger out on him, so I'll take it out on you."

We got back to the barracks and were PTd on the quarter deck for what seemed like hours.

I want to say that this was the night that I saw the most frightening thing I've ever seen, but it could have been another night: As we were marching back from evening chow I looked up at a full moon and all of a sudden it turned a deep shade of crimson. Having grown up with the Bible, this only meant one thing: The Second Coming.

Needless to say more than a few of us were freaked out, so our D.I. went into his office and made some phone calls. The explanation we were given was that a NASA rocket launch had detonated a barium-filled warhead in the atmosphere to study something or other, which gave the moon it's unusual color. I'm glad that it wasn't the Second Coming; I would have missed out on having such a wonderful wife and 5 awesome kids.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
reply to post by OldCorp

You are asking simple questions and they are humanistic. So thank you for trying to wake my conscious. I know your intentions are true.

I try. In fact, my wife will tell you I'm VERY trying.

Originally posted by ltinycdancerg
Why?

much love to you OldCorp

Right back atcha beautiful. Keep dancing.

OK, I'll let someone else talk for a bit. I have an errand to run anyway. BRB.
edit on 7/28/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
7 billion people dont know we're on the same rock.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Reply to post by OldCorp

even that wich we consider evil and bad is necessary.

you only miss the sun when it rains

its knowing pain that makes joy feel as it does.

all the evil in the world is sure to bring out the good in all of us

one of these days

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
WHY do some people hate their fellow man because of the color of their skin...

Because they are ignorant.

WHY do some seek the acquisition of insane amounts of wealth, more money than they could possibly spend in a thousand lifetimes, when many of their fellow human beings on this planet are starving to death?

Because society is evil and encourages many unhealthy and sinful appetites, greed being promanent among them.

Why do women abort unwanted children when there are loving couples who would do anything to be parents and would gladly adopt these "unwanted" chidren?

Sin rooted in ignorance and lack of a personal relationship with God.

WHY do our politicians lie to us, selling us - and our children and grandchildren - out to corporate interests just so they can remain in office and line their own pockets?

It is always this way. Politics is brutal. Anyone trying to do "the right thing" gets stepped over so the ranks become filled with sociopaths.

Why do people (Muslims) blow up their fellows at prayer because they disagree on who should have led their religion after the death of Mohammed? WHY does a man (a "Christian") blow up government buildings and then calmly mow down 80 some odd children? WHY do priests, who have sworn to preach the Word of God, use their position of trust to molest the children in their care?

Sin rooted in ignorance and lack of a personal relationship with God.

WHY do those "in charge" (TPTB) feel that they are so above their fellow man that they claim the privilege to enslave them?

Because they are psychopaths/socipaths. Enslaving a man has all the emotive content for these people as de-boning a chicken does for the rest of us. (Less, probably).

ETA: We are all brothers and sister, regardless of how we choose to worship God (or not,) our skin color, or our nationality.

Yes yes yes!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Why
Becuase that is human nature.
We have both the capacity for great good and great evil. We are stuck in these bodies in this reality. These bodies have needs for food and shelter. These physical needs define how we interact as we compete for resources. From birth we are capable of feeling love, and jealosy and are aware of physical needs. Our evil side constantly battles for lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy,pride and power. Our good side cares about others and is selfless. We constantly balance these competing desires. For some the evil side is to strong for others the selfless side wins. We all have our vices for some the vices. We can all hope that reason and compasion win in the end although I don't think a winner will ever be declared.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
OldCorp,

I am with you, WHY?

I believe the Elitist need to have wars and create choas to keep people in fear their TERROR not only controls us in many ways but it is also aan excellent way for them to rob us blind.

WE all need to let them know "we know" what they are doing and 'WE ARE" going to stop it in a peaceful manner not in a revolution they are trying to cause.

God bless all the good and peaceful people of the WORLD.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I think, your statement is exactly what the OP was referring to. Someone always trying to start a fight over stupid crap.....

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
In a word ... EGO

Human ego is the source of all our suffering. It divides us and keeps us from feeling compassion for our fellow man. People fight for their imaginary ego. They defend it. Seek to enlarge it. They can't escape it. I can't escape mine - try as I might.

If your not sure what I mean by ego then let me put it this way. Your self image. The collection of ideas about yourself that you consider yourself. The way you think of yourself is not who you really are. You are not a concept or a collection of concepts yet we act as though the concept of ourselves is actually our self. Difficult to explain really but if you really consider what you think you are you will understand.
edit on 29-7-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by zatara

The people who wonder about "why" evil is happening can't understand it, therefore they are not part of it,
Those who have lots of ready made answers could be those doing evil things, but not necessarily so,
After I wrote it I realized the ambiguity, sorry if I offended anyone. It was not intentional.

It's okay,...I knew there must have been more behind the words wrote...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Why

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join