It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Somebody Please Tell Me WHY???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Amen Brother...

I'm am so glad that you are able to see what so many seem to miss... It’s not any one particular group who do bad things... ALL humans are capable of evil.

However, all humans are capable of beautiful things too. Sadly, in the media, misery sells, but for every story of a rapist or murderer there are 100 unreported story’s regarding acts of kindness. It's just sad that these story’s don’t get the same attention as the story’s of woe. For example we have the story of the Christians who encircled and defended Muslim protesters, against government thugs, in Egypt. And the Muslims who defended the Catholic Cathedrals during the same protests.

objectsinmotion.org...

Don’t give up on humanity just yet my friend, keep the faith

Peace

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
So long as one has to ask "why?" do such horrific acts happen then I know they're alright.
The people who have answers to that question are the ones we need to worry about.
But you knew that already.

"The people who have answers to that question are the ones we need to worry about."

That last sentence I do not entirely understand...

Need to worry about in what way....? In a way that you consider them dangerous or some kind of threat?

I just entered a reply to this question and no matter my answer is good or wrong I consider myself not a threat to others. To understand the horrific behaviour of some people can help make sense of some things that people do.

Many people who have been victim of the behaviour of a 'twisted' person have maybe found closure or peace because they can answer and understand the question.

So if you are able to answer that question it will prevent you from making the wrong understanding when some person shows not normal behaviour. Ofcourse you can make assumptions or have a certain label ready for such persons and stick it on his forehead but even then you are in a way answering the question.

As a matter of fact..it is the other way around...if a person is not able to give a reasonable answer about why people can have certain emotions in certain circumstances you should take notice. Lack of empathy, not able to relate or explain someone else's emotions is one of the signs of sociopathy.

edit on 28-7-2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
In my opinion The Mystery of Iniquity is a subject that can only be understood from a spiritual perspective .Its the only way to make sense of this contrary crazy world we live in . I found a couple of articles that talks about the subject that might help .
dedication.www3.50megs.com... www.ukapologetics.net... peace

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I didn't put quotation marks around the word Muslim, because violence in the name of Allah is a given in that religion. Whether the targets are Jews, Christians, or their fellow Muslims, the Koran commands them to kill or subjugate unbelievers. The Shia consider the Sunni as apostates, and vice-versa, so in their eyes - Shia and Sunni both - their targets are legitimate "enemies of Islam" as they interpret it.

I have to politely disagree with you on this one... violence in Islam is not a given and the Quran is often misquoted (or quoted out of context) regarding this (same as the bible is often misquoted too)

their targets are legitimate "enemies of Islam" as they interpret it.

Thats the key right there... "As they interpret it"

Sadly the Bible and the Quran can easily be misinterpreted, especially if you are a less educated person who is relying on someone else to do the interpreting.

See my comments on another thread regarding this issue...

My belief is that many time things are quoted out of context. People who are not educated in religious books can easily pick a quote and think that it is advocating evil. But when read in its full context it can often display a different message.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Still love the thread though

Peace

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Well OldCorp, I'm with you on all you said and sounds to me your getting somewhat overwhelmed by all of this. So am I. But to answer your question, well, it's kinda pointless right now. Trying to make sense of chaos is well futile.

But I can tell you this, don't ever feel like your alone, other poeple (including myself) wonder why all this violence is happening.

Tell you one thing though ol' chap, glad poeple like you are still around on ATS. The last couple of days I was beginning to think most folks in here advocated war and genocide based on beliefs and color of their skin.

Glad I was wrong. So damn wrong.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Great post

I live in a country that is so divided among ratial lines,inherited from our parents,that we(the youth)both black and white,when we meet in the workplace or educational institutions,we are so uncomfortable with each other that we end up grouping ourselves based on race.I just wish it could all stop and we could get along.Great piece though

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Yeah. People. Go figure.

Two points to consider and I won't belabor them.

1- The Serenity Prayer. Some things you have no control over. The biggest one outside Nature herself, may be other people's actions. And that's just the way it is.

2- You can't feel badly enough to improve a situation or make someone else feel good. All you do is create more misery. Count your blessings and to the highest degree possible, try to maintain an attitude of gratitude. Don't waste your time on negative emotion. Our time is short, yet the race is long, and in the end, it's only with yourself.

People do what people do, and have since there have been people. The range of human behavior runs the gamut from the most heinous, conscienceless fiend, right up to the best and highest unselfish actions that can be aspired to. That's what makes us human. There isn't a lot of variation amongst fruit flies. One's pretty much like another. It's our highest potential, which has the flipside depravity, that makes us what we are. It's still an individual choice to make.

Anyway, fish more. That's always the best answer.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

The people who wonder about "why" evil is happening can't understand it, therefore they are not part of it,
Those who have lots of ready made answers could be those doing evil things, but not necessarily so,
After I wrote it I realized the ambiguity, sorry if I offended anyone. It was not intentional.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Once you get rid of the religious beliefs, the false history, and are able to open up thine eyes, you will soon see that most of these battles have NOTHING to do with humanity at all, but are wars and terrible things being fought by beings, and races you do not even currently know of... and they love the fact that humans have been altered so that most cannot see the reality.

Repair your DNA, expose the truth, cause it really is not all that hard to see.

Christianity is as bad as all the rest, the giving over of power to others, that CLAIM to be God's. Creator Gods.

The answer is so much longer than you imagine, but you will find it, and SOON.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Sorry, didn't read every post and if I'm just repeating something from someone else but my two cents:
as soon as we put a label on anyone describing them in anyway different not part of our life, we are trying to block any reason to care, any reason to put our selves at risk and any reason to act or change. maybe?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
its the same old song and dance my friends a game played exactly the same forever
starts my dad is better than your dad , my school is better than your school, my skin is better than your skin,my god is better than your god see a pattern here as a vietnam era veteran who just recently resolved my demons
all you gotta do is realize everthing you have been told is a lie
you do not need STUFF
you need food shelter companionship period
i refuse to play the game anymore
new game rules nobody is better than nobody is better than you we are all struggling against the overwhelming negative energy being bombarded around our perfect positive energy being
all positive thought all positive action will change many thing in your existence love you and yours and forgive and forget the rest ,and see the beauty of mother earth in front of you like you used to
view the world as a 3 yr old does you will find yourself again as i have
and quit buying their STUFF

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RUNSILENT
[m
ore]
oh one more thing the first lie
thou shalt not kill
was not thou shalt not kill except for god or country

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by kwakakev
Competition is an important part of the genetic process, this is programmed into all DNA based life at a core level. Conflict is one type of competition that has been popular in the past. In striving for a civilised world it is one implication that has taken a lot of resources in trying to address and is a difficult challenge to confront and resolve.

It's been my experience that more problems are solved by cooperation than by competition. People striving together towards a common goal is (or should be) the very definition of "civilized."

I have to disagree with the idea that cooperation outperforms competition. It is the very struggle of humanity that drives us forward. All the nasty wars that we have had in the past have actually helped us technologically. We have learned more from war than we have ever learned from peace.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUNSILENT
reply to post by RUNSILENT
[m
ore]
oh one more thing the first lie
thou shalt not kill
was not thou shalt not kill except for god or country

Yeah, but kill what? Kill people, animals, plants? If you take it literally then thou shall not kill a fly. I believe the correct translation should have been thou shall not murder. Fighting in a war to defend your country is not murder. Sometimes blood must be shed to resolve conflicts, look thru the Bible its all in there.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

so fighting for your country for a lie is ok too
sorry pal been there done that came home lived zombie life for years some still are
the problem small-town boy never been out of state joins because all generations before have and he is a patriot
7 wks later brainwashed into killing machine
3-4 yrs later comes home to no help no reprogram no idea of how to deal with this new reality
either turns to drugs alcohol or a shotgun and if he survives a 5 - 10year period of self blame he might make it
and then some chemical used on battlefield gives him some kind of cancer military denies its use
dies 10 years after his death his buddies start getting cancer what then
i come from many generations of military some of whom are current they have me and my brother in law to help them cope on return my gen had nadda some never return to a stable mental state and are homeless mumbling lunatic on fringe of life
next time someone is shooting at me it will only be for me and mine

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Trying to answer this would make you crazy but the first few things that come to my mind when reading it are greed and the pursuit of power and money. It seems to be the motivation for just about everything that goes bad.

Personally... I just keep my head up and big fat smile on my face for everyone who crosses my path. Spread the positive energy (even if you're not feeling positive inside), and hope it rubs off even just a little bit.

Another thing I'd like to mention in relation to what you wrote about people having more in common than they think... it seems to me that everyone, and I do mean everyone, regardless of if they admit it or not, all think and feel pretty much the same way about things. And I know that's a very general statement to make. The problem with that is people go around thinking "I'm the only one" and that feeling is lonely and isolating and that can lead to anger. Like if you tie up a dog on a short rope for a long time, dog has nothing better to do but to act out.

My husband and I go out to dinner and I always look around the restaurant and wonder why everyone is in their own little world at seperate tables with private discussions and then you have the couples who sit there and don't even say two words to each other. I think everyone should sit at one big giant table all together! That would be fun!

Anyway, I'm babbling now but you're right, everyone has something in common, if people stopped feeling like they were alone and started communicating with each other I think things would be better.

I hope that made sense

Ex

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Your post was the so appreciated!

You may say I'm a dreamer
but I'm not the only one !!!

Sincerely !

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

You are asking simple questions and they are humanistic. So thank you for trying to wake my conscious. I know your intentions are true .

I think that after all kinds of freedom we have been shouting to get , It is time for us to change our mind and we should shout for some thing bigger and it is justice . I assume that it is about 5 million years passed till our father (Adam) came to earth and since then we haven't done much to get some justice.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational
reply to post by OldCorp

I'm afraid I have no good answers to most of your questions, but as far as hatred goes, here is my take on it.

I am tired of this misunderstanding that people fall in. When you are looking at the big picture and you are telling them that the situation is not good they get sad . May be we should get sad but we should find a way to solve our problems . Ignoring that fact that the situation is not good , will not make a better situation . Ignorance will make it worst .

We should be brave enough to face it and after that we can find some way by analyzing the situation. Like I did in my last thread :

We still love you American people , from Iraqis with love

new topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join