It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Somebody Please Tell Me WHY???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
As usual, I've spent my evening on ATS reading about all of the F'd up things going on in the world today. I've read threads about rogue cops beating a man to death, Ron Paul's heartfelt warning that the S is about to HTF, people who have lost their jobs and/or homes and are unable to feed their families, wars and rumors of wars, government lies - you know: the usual ATS fare - and I have to ask: WHY are humans so cruel to one another?

WHY do some people hate their fellow man because of the color of their skin or because they choose to worship God in a different way (or not at all?) WHY do some seek the acquisition of insane amounts of wealth, more money than they could possibly spend in a thousand lifetimes, when many of their fellow human beings on this planet are starving to death? Why do women abort unwanted children when there are loving couples who would do anything to be parents and would gladly adopt these "unwanted" chidren? WHY do our politicians lie to us, selling us - and our children and grandchildren - out to corporate interests just so they can remain in office and line their own pockets?

Why do people (Muslims) blow up their fellows at prayer because they disagree on who should have led their religion after the death of Mohammed? WHY does a man (a "Christian") blow up government buildings and then calmly mow down 80 some odd children? WHY do priests, who have sworn to preach the Word of God, use their position of trust to molest the children in their care? WHY do those "in charge" (TPTB) feel that they are so above their fellow man that they claim the privilege to enslave them? WHY do women murder their children (Casey Anthony, Susan Smith et al?)

WHY do police officers abuse their authority, in what seems like an epidemic of violence, to beat and murder those they've sworn to protect? WHY does our government go to war against countries that have done absolutely nothing to us and present no real threat to our security (Iraq & Libya?) WHY has that same government gone to war against its own citizens, labeling as possible terrorists those who have fought with honor in those foreign wars, or those who support the Constitution, or those whose only "crime" is sporting a Ron Paul or Greenpeace bumpersticker on their car? When I read about the greed, injustice, and man's inhumanity to man that has become an everyday occurrence it just breaks my heart.

Things really are about to go down the toilet in a BIG way, I feel it in my bones. I created this thread after reading a silly little post about a "Vast fleet of UFOs are above south western USA now." But I find myself wishing that the thread were true, that a fleet of aliens really was about to come down from the heavens; Because at this point, I don't care if they were coming to save us or eat us - one way or another I just wish it was over.

Come quickly Lord Jesus; your children are suffering. Save us from ourselves.

ETA: We are all brothers and sister, regardless of how we choose to worship God (or not,) our skin color, or our nationality. I recently started a thread in which we can all get to know each other better on a more personal level. I hope that you kind folks will visit it, for it is my strong conviction that we all have much more in common with one another than is readily apparent. When you read the OP in THIS THREAD ABOUT NOTHING IN PARTICULAR you'll see what I mean.

Peace and love to you all.
edit on 7/28/2011 by OldCorp because: Spellin an punkshoeation

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Why you ask. Well The Human Psyche of Course.(Probably Rhetorical Why's i'd assume but Still answering)

But I find myself wishing that the thread were true, that a fleet of aliens really was about to come down from the heavens; Because at this point, I don't care if they were coming to save us or eat us - one way or another I just wish it was over.

Come quickly Lord Jesus; your children are suffering. Save us from ourselves.

I was thinking the same thing as well.
It would be cool if aliens came to 'save us' or what not. (Hoping they were good guy aliens)

On the Jesus coming to save us part....
I think the Aliens would have a good laugh at that part..

Because IMO I don't think anyone's coming to save us.
edit on 28-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I have to ask,

WHY did you single out one religion, Muslims??

Have not Christians,Catholics and your favorite Jews also committed atrocities??

Was this thread just another in a current trend of thinly veiled attacks on Muslims ??

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

hi Old Corp,
sorry to hear U r not happy...

the WHY question is the 64 million $ one...

maybe because we are brainwashed...MSM,,NWO,,etc etc ???

1st rule = quit any 9-5 jobs, + work for yourself...

and get ready for the STHtF...

who knows what is going to happen, but we have to get on with it ...
\
]+ hope U r feeling better soon...

seeya

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by OldCorp

I have to ask,

WHY did you single out one religion, Muslims??

Have not Christians,Catholics and your favorite Jews also committed atrocities??

Was this thread just another in a current trend of thinly veiled attacks on Muslims ??

You must have missed the parts where I mentioned the Christian mass murderer in Norway and Christian priests who molest children; and the only mention of Muslims was in reference to Muslim on Muslim violence. No, it was not an attack on Muslims at all; "Christians" are doing their fair share of vile crap too.
edit on 7/28/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/28/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I'm afraid I have no good answers to most of your questions, but as far as hatred goes, here is my take on it.

Taken from the movie “conspiracy” - Wannsee conference, the final solution.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

If you carefully reread the OP you will find that you are mistaken, he did point out Christians just after the Muslim line.

Reading Comprehension......Just Say Yes!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

gday backinblack,

fair go, mate...!!!

OldCorp DID NOT single out Muslims...

seeya

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

No I didn't miss the "one" christian you mentioned or a couple of priests..

I just saw the "Muslim" religion as a whole mentioned..

BTW, many say that one christian supports Israel..

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
If we were all the same we would be clones, I for one am glad we are different, and there are some things in your post which I don't agree with either.
But I can accept you for your views, to me this is what's missing.
Compromise is non existent for many, it's a shame.
Chin up though.
It is healthy to question our relevance to our surroundings I reckon, keeps you thinking and growing.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

edit on 28/7/11 by TrowaBarton because: Post deleted I dont want to start anything and my response was very angry, I apologize

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

How many broken hammers did you create before you hit the nail directly on the head?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Unfortunately whilst there is individual brilliance collectively our species is stupid and divide and rule has been the order of the day for the 6000 years of recorded history that the Wizard of Oz and his minions have presided over,If we constantly squabble and kill ourselves fight in wars be hypnotised by the media etc we never figure out the real problem of this planet which is the dysfunctional men and Gods that run it.Saving the world however is a fools errand and there are no great causes or missions bar for family and friends refocus your efforts there beyond your mailbox is irredeemable.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by OldCorp

BTW, many say that one christian supports Israel..

I see where this is heading...sigh.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
My friend, though you ask "Why"...
All I can say is just, because.

We know why the sky is blue and it gets dark outside
at nite...We know and can reason ourselves into acceptable answers
for just about anything...but...this is one of those questions with so
many variables that any answer we could give it would lead to more
and more questions...but never the answer that each of us is looking for.

Namaste~

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

hi gravitational,
thanks for that little clip...

i really enjoyed watching it (twice)...

very interesting philosophical theory...

for those that missed it... the point was:

dont hate something so much, that when it is gone U are then left empty...

or sort of, anyway,,,

thanks again

seeya
edit on 28/7/2011 by shaneR because: typo

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Way to expose your true character when a fellow human is feeling the weight of the world. A class act no doubt.

I'm pretty sure you missed the point of the OP by miles, but hey, if fits your agenda.

Hang in there OC, anyone paying attention has to be noticing the crush.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Why?

Let's take it to it's most simple form and I believe you may understand.

There was, is and will be a battle betweeen good and evil.

Once we realize the root cause of our problems we can fight our enemy which is evil.

We humans had done a good job as pawns being used against each other.
Start with yourself OP and do random acts of kindness every chance you get.
It spreads to others and they share your kindness.

Just my opinion : There is a rendering of wheat and chaf going on now.
I've noticed it the past few months.

I've never in 64 years seen the family problems I am seeing now.

This is a time when you need to build up and hold close your faith in your God.

Try to seek out good. Take your eyes off the evil happening in our world.
Do not feed evil with your torn and broken heart for humanity.

It's time to stand strong and fight the good fight.

Read the bible of your chosen religion.
Get close to your God.

Spread love every chance you get. Love is contagious. Freely give it to your loved ones and even strangers.

Look for the light....it's there.

Rise above the mire of evil.

We are in the biggest and most important battle of all and that is the battle of good an evil.

Do not fear evil.....fight it with love.

Evil wants us to be afraid and unhappy....do not allow that.

Stay in the Word and pray much.

I send love your way. May God bless you right now with strength to withstand the blows brought against us all by Evil.

Do not give up.

edit on 28-7-2011 by dizziedame because: to make a correction

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

This must be the biggest comprehension fail I've ever seen. I understand that you read it, fine. But comprehension? Not your best ability. That or you're simply looking for a fight, and in that case, I just feel sorry for you. Nobody wins a fight on the internet. Especially when you're derailing a thread. Some may see your "gold", but all I see is a troll. Good day to you sir.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore

Way to expose your true character when a fellow human is feeling the weight of the world. A class act no doubt.
I'm pretty sure you missed the point of the OP by miles, but hey, if fits your agenda.
Hang in there OC, anyone paying attention has to be noticing the crush.

Nah mate, ain't my agenda I'm worried about..

Most world issues are created by TPTB and that means Governments and others behind the scenes..

They create War, Famine and Hatred..
Their aim for years was to destroy the nucleus family,at least in the west.
Now that's achieved they will concentrate on other things..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join