It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quartzsite, Arizona: Blueprint For A Police State Takeover

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
[The more I think about it I think you're probably right.....we'll see!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
My understanding is some members of the city government were trying to take over and line there pockets with the very lucrative money that comes from the 3 million visitors that come to Quartzsite every winter.

They had planed a number of new tax laws to tax the vendors that set up in town every winter.
Millions of dollars in sales happen every winter in town(the town got there cut in sales tax ) and some of the city government wanted there personal cut and planned to get it by hook or by crook.

Unless this get cleared up by fall many venders that sold in town are not going to be there and are looking for another place to set up shop.

I have a couple mining friends on the Quartzsite Fire & Rescue during the winter when they get away from the snow in the high country of Calif.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
August 6th Update -

Source

A La Paz County judge has issued temporary restraining orders to block the town of Quartzsite from firing two police officers who had accused the police chief of misconduct and to prevent other police employees from being subjected to polygraph exams.

Attorneys for the Quartzsite officers sought the first injunction after most of the town's police force was suspended and at least two officers received termination notices amid political controversy that has engulfed the community.

Superior Court Judge Randolph Bartlett agreed that disciplinary moves against the officers by town administrators may violate First Amendment and due-process rights. In a Monday ruling, he ordered Quartzsite officials to halt attempts to fire the officers and to reinstate any who already had been terminated.

Read more: www.azcentral.com...

The State investigation so far has confirme the city has violated open records laws.
DPS is still conducting its investigation into the Chief.
The judge not only stopped the termination of the suspended officers, he order that any who were terminated are to be reinstated. He also put a stop to forced polygraph test for those officers.

Hearing is set for mid august.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Here's the very latest on the Quartzite issue....The firing of the police officers by a corrupt police chief will now move to Federal Court...here's the link:

www.parkerliveonline.com...

Love it, Love it, Love everything about it

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyshouldI trustyou2619
Here's the very latest on the Quartzite issue....The firing of the police officers by a corrupt police chief will now move to Federal Court...here's the link:

www.parkerliveonline.com...

Love it, Love it, Love everything about it

Lol.. FEderal Court... Final nail in the coffin. I am curious what has been gong on within city hall (enron shredding comes to mind). The conversation when this first started discussed the MAyor finding paychecks being sent to people to the tune of 250k over so many years. From what I have seen that charge had merrit. I am curious if the time delay is for them to finish dettroying the paper trail?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join