It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quartzsite, Arizona: Blueprint For A Police State Takeover

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Here's the latest on Quartzsite, AZ, the US town that basically declared martial law within its city limits right here in the good old USA...

First of all, I'm guessing you are all familiar with the shocking video of a woman simply asking a pertinent question to the City Council of Quartzsite and being promptly arrested. Yah, freedom of speech:

It's gotten worse since then. Much worse.

First the town Mayor is forced out of office, then a state of emergency is declared in secret and if matters couldn’t get any worse for the unfortunate townspeople of Quartzsite, the majority of the police force is now being forced to stay in their own homes during working hours.

Nine out of a total of fourteen Quartzsite, Arizona police officers have been suspended, all of which just happened to be whistle blowers who exposed their corrupt police chief.

The Mayor, Ed Foster, was elected on the platform of investigating the corrupt goings-on in the Quartzsite city council. Therefore, it is not quite surprising that they would force out the man who intends to prove them to be criminals.

The city has now become a fascist authoritarian police state with the criminal police chief Jeff Gilbert at the helm.

Are we straight on this? The employees who blew the whistle on this corrupt Chief of Police, as well as the mayor who was elected on a platform of investigating the goings on of the City Council, have been flat-out taken out of power by the very person they were democratically elected to investigate!

This is NOT some sort of cheesy 1970's movie where some overweight sheriff terrorizes citizens and strangers. This is happening right here, right now. Right smack dab in the middle of the "information age".

Quartzsite, Arizona: Blueprint For A Police State Takeover

Angry yet? Hold on, you ready for this tidbit?

The Quartzsite Police Officers Association’s conclusion is that (Chief) Gilbert must be placed on administrative leave until a thorough investigation is conducted and that town policy is followed accordingly.

The astoundingly corrupt city council declared a state of emergency in the small Arizona town during a secret meeting.

This arbitrarily declared state of emergency allows the council to continue to meet in secret, refuse to allow the public to comment until the council decides the state of emergency has ceased.

The scary part is: there is no emergency other than the one this council has created. A corrupt group of bureaucrats are holding an entire town hostage and Arizona’s governor refuses to step in.

What on earth could explain such behavior? Certainly not corruption. Or could it be corruption?

The brave Mayor Foster discovered that during every pay period 8-10 checks were sent to non-existent personnel, totaling $250,000 each year.

This practice has been going on since 1991 and Mayor Foster has been denied access to the financial records showing where this money goes.

This is, on its face, a blatant violation of the law and a not-so-subtle attempt to cover up a decade of corruption.

Thank God we have higher echelons of authority who will make damn sure these corrupt S.O.B.'s cannot get away with this. Not in America! Hell no!

Mayor Foster has gone to Arizona Governor Jan Brewer’s office along with the Attorney General and the FBI with this information, all of which gave him the cold shoulder.

Right here...right now...in America!

Seriously! What the hell is going on in this town?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

I think the scariest aspect to what is going on is that some people would find this shocking or surprising. We have been conditioned to accept tyranny, yet when we see it we do nothing substantial. My community is going downhill too (not to the extent that this one is, obviously) but it's still enough for me to pack up and leave. That has to be a part of our solution for taking this country back. I don't mean running away, I mean choosing to live with decent people! If the townsfolk there are not willing to do what needs to be done, and if the suspended officers are not willing to make arrests for corruption, then they deserve what they get. I know that sounds harsh, but then again, the reality they are facing is harsh, and desperate times call for action. Things should not have been allowed to reach this point...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by WoundedByHonesty

It's an honor to hand you your first star.

Not to welcome you to ATS, though you are most heartily welcomed.

It's because your point is truly valid. If I may use a quote from one seriously smart dude...

"In a Democracy, the people get the government they deserve" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Thanks for the input. I fully agree with you. I am outright baffled by this situation and how it could have possibly come to this.

Welcome to ATS. Keep it coming...you're going to fit right in!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling
The brave Mayor Foster discovered that during every pay period 8-10 checks were sent to non-existent personnel, totaling $250,000 each year.

This practice has been going on since 1991 and Mayor Foster has been denied access to the financial records showing where this money goes.

Mayor Foster has gone to Arizona Governor Jan Brewer’s office along with the Attorney General and the FBI with this information, all of which gave him the cold shoulder.

So you say they're putting the chief on administrative leave, then you say the governor has went to the AG/FBI which have given him the cold shoulder.

So are they investigating the bonus checks scheme or are they completely ignoring this town?

I'm confused, why wouldn't the government want to shut this down?
edit on 28-7-2011 by Anoynymoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Soo crazy!

I've been following this and telling people about it. I wonder how much of this goes on in each of our towns, maybe not a lot, but now it's worth thinking about.

lol at your cheesy movie comparison. It's real life. I keep telling myself this.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Anoynymoose

They are not putting the Chief of Police on leave.

They recommended it, and HE promptly declared a state of emergency (Martial Law) on the entire town. AND the City Council agreed.

The real rub is that all signs point to blatant corruption on both the Chief, as well as the City Council. Not to mention that this simply is not legal. Not from what I've read. And most certainly not due to the current circumstances.

Furthermore, the Governor was one of the officials (who should be looking out for this sort of situation) that turned their back upon the city Mayor.

Messed up situation, eh?
edit on 28-7-2011 by Hessling because: Clarification

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

If it were martial law, they would need to bring in outside officials to (my guess) "Seal off the town". thus they would bring in the military or special police force to hinder citizens from rioting? This is obviously not the case for this town.. I mean did you see all the townsfolk.. They were all elderly.

So there isn't violence there isn't rioting in the streets, citizens aren't killing anyone. So there is no way there is martial law in this state. Honestly what do these cops think this is? This is America and police don't have the right to do this sort of thing.

My guess is once the government sends out people to investigate this little fiasco. It will all blow over and officers will be fired and probably charged.(hopefully) But if it doesn't... what the hell do they exactly plan to do? Come on now.. this is just silly.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Well being as its a local problem, the locals should deal with it. The men of that town especially the police should do a quick ball check and place the whole board under arrest. Remember folks a single stray bullet could send a very clear and powerful message.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Anoynymoose

I sure hope you are right.

I'm simply blown away at the idea it could have reached "critical mass" at this point.

When the higher-ups put an end to this bullsh#t, that's when I'll breathe a wee bit of relief. Until then, I'm outright freaked out by what's happening! And even more freaked out by the lack of reaction by the state of Arizona and our Federal Government.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Existing threads

ATS - Quartzsite AZ updates

Martial Law - ATS thread
edit on 28-7-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Arizona DPS is investigating the Chief.

The state is investigating violation of state laws / open records law.

FBI will most likely be in it before its overwith for the civil rights violation of arresting people based on false pretense.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Existing threads

ATS - Quartzsite AZ updates

Martial Law - ATS thread
edit on 28-7-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

Great threads.

I did a search and found them, but since they were several days old, and in light in very recent events, I started an update thread.

Somebody did their homework. And that person was you.

Thanks for the reply!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Works for me... Ill start posting update in your thread since its newer.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Negative Quartzsite news troubles town residents

www.kswt.com...#

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
A state of emergency can only be declared by a state, not a town.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
To the sheriff of Quartzsite: The storm that's on it way to your doorstep....all I can say is "Karma is a bitch" Enjoy

www.parkerliveonline.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
A state of emergency can only be declared by a state, not a town.

Actually it can be declared by political sub units, including cities and counties. What term is used varies from state to state but its there. When anything occurs that requires a declared emergency, its always bottom up.

If a tornado rips through a city, the city leadership decides if they will declare, just like unincorperated areas (county), State the Federal.

In theory its in place so smaller entities can gain access to special funding / grants / personnel / assistance etc.

In the case of Quartzsite I would agree its essentially martial law and not a state olf emergency. I base that on city council holding a vote, in violation of sunshine laws, to remove the mayor, whose position is elected and not appointed. Placing the head of the police department in control was the clincher.

Either the county or State needs to nip this in the bud now, or use the 101st air assault later.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Quartzsite is now under investigation by the State for violation of open meeting laws. The city lawyer has released information stating as much.

Source

State AG addresses Quartszite open meeting law issue

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT! A restraining order has been placed against the cities government of Quartzite on behalf of the officers!

www.kswt.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyshouldI trustyou2619
LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT! A restraining order has been placed against the cities government of Quartzite on behalf of the officers!

www.kswt.com...

For some reason I see this ending with US Marshalls visiting the town backed up by Arizona DPS Officers to remove the city council members who apparently think this is an episode of Red Dawn.

<<   2 >>

join