It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans And The Ferengi Rules of Acquisition

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Take your pick.....

en.wikipedia.org...

I personnally liked the one in DS9.... the human looking commander with long hair and a few freckles...... betazoid or something..........

As far as the analagy with the Republicans and Ferengi - SPOT ON !!

PDUK

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

"ONE FOR ALL AND ALL FOR ONE!"

and every man for himself, nyuck nyuck!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

that the hot blond with the skin tight suit?

she gives me nightmares,

i am on a date with her and my wife finds out!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Quark could be describing what's soon to come in the streets if this whole economic default/crash/collapse, whatever you want to call it, is not managed right and I really have no faith in that happening.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I love the ferengi, I don't love republicans. But Gene Roddenberry and other creators of Star Trek understood various types of society far more then they would ever get credit for.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I love the ferengi, I don't love republicans. But Gene Roddenberry and other creators of Star Trek understood various types of society far more then they would ever get credit for.

I agree, Gene Roddenberry used the fictional universe he created to discuss topics that back then weren't OK any other way.
His brilliance influenced many through his scientific optimism but he also influenced us politically, sexually, and racially.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Actually the Republican rules are according to the game of Fizz-bin. If you remember, Capt. Kirk was stuck on a criminal planet where the criminal gangs were running the show. In order to fool them he had to invent a new game to gain their interest, called Fizz-bin. The game is played where the rules are simply whatever you say they are at any time and can and do change at will.

This is how they are relating to the Senate. The Senate right now is playing Fizz-bin, and so is Oobamah. So the Repubs have to keep changing the bill so that nothing passes as of August 2cd thereby not raising the debt ceiling and thereby saving the nation trillions of dollars by not doing anything at all.

Brilliant, simply brilliant. I've always like that game, Fizz-bin.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Ferengi as the republicans.

Borg as the democrats.

Interesting analogy.

I'd like to point out the fact that the Borg would definitely come out on top in a fight.

Capitalism is too fragmented and predatory to achieve true greatness.
Cooperative societies, at least in theory, can devote all of their resources to the common good.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join