It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia launch new rocket carrying worlds most powerful telescope

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Russia have just 10 days ago launched the most powerful telescope into space. Launched from Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan, scientists have nicknamed the Zenit-3SB the "green" rocket because it uses kerosene and oxygen as its fuel and is actually, shock horror, environmentally friendly.

The rocket was developed jointly by Russia and Ukraine and will propel into orbit a new generation space telescope designed to extend mankind's understanding of the forming of galaxies.

Yeah, right, maybe it's looking at Nibiru and Elenin??

Video at the source!

covertnews.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
AWESOME, hey anyone know if its powerful enough to see the moon landing sites? probably a stretch

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
lol ...And they do this just as the U.S. announces its budget cut in NASA..

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

That was the first thing I thought of too!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
well I know even just a couple of years ago I heard mention NASA was going to decommission the hubble. . . . . gotta have something better to implement before you do away with current technology

www.decodedscience.com...

but this is a totally different craft as far as I can tell . . .
So NASA is just going to scrap the james webb space telescope they've been working on for years

*hangs head in shame*

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I wonder how much of their new-found knowledge Russia will share, and how much they will keep for themselves. I don't think Russia is a country that seeks new knowledge for the betterment of all mankind.

If aliens ever do come for a big visit, the Russians will be the only ones who are prepared....

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
AWESOME, hey anyone know if its powerful enough to see the moon landing sites? probably a stretch
It's not going to "see" anything, as it's a radio telescope, not a visible light telescope, like the Hubble.

top topics

join