It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secrets of the Indigo Children and what 2012 REALLY means for humans

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I dont really understand where did all this Indigo child subject comes from and how people know they are Indigo?
My sister calls her child a Crystal child, which I dont know what it means but it kinda of made her ego go way too high. she is 5 and she acts like a teenager, she talks like a teenager and not in the good way but in the bossy way. She is smart but I dont think telling a kid that they are smart makes them feel secure about it but then, when they fail, they will feel incredibly dissapointed in themselves.

My sister got this Crystal child thing from a website. Is not because she has actually talked to someone who knows about this or did any "reading" to my niece. It all came from a website/forum really! Which I think it is a very poor way to base your description of your daughter from but, I don't judge her. Whatever floats her boat.

Why would some people be more special? and in what way would they be? Im just curious to know. If you feel you are an Indigo child then, what is your purpose here and how do you justify it?

I am just wanting to get answer to understand. I am in no way judging people who think like that.. I am just try to understand what is this about?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Universer

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Yes, the whole world is full of this type of stuff. Instead of learning Shakespeare, we are supposed to learn Briggs-Meyer tests. That is how low the level of real education has gone. These things can be fun additions, but it should not be the basis for good decision making. The world has gone crazy with "metrics" because thats how they think they can gauge progress. It's just more stuff the business world thinks it needs to replace real customer service by being the best.

Where do they teach Meyers-Briggs at all? Certainly not in high school? Do you mean in college? If so, I've only encountered these tests in psychology classes, never literature classes. That would be very bizarre. I really don't know what you mean. Also I believe Jung's reasons for creating/divining the archetypes were spiritual/psychological and had nothing whatsoever to do with customer service.

Yes Jung even talked about alchemy. So why is it every time I have ever said that word on the Internet someone tells me I'm stupid? I said that metrics is what has replaced good customer service, because no body cares about surveys mostly. Do you fill them out when you check out of a hotel? Probably only when some hostess made you mad. I bet you didn't even know that term "metrics" and here you are telling me you don't understand me so something must be wrong with what I said.

I meant they have you take the test as part of the class. Sorry, my mistake. But it's obviously part of the curriculum. But someone else said they do it at work too. I just feel that while we can use these things to understand differences between people, it is not a replacement for true education as it was in former centuries. I guess what really bothers me is that so much is trivial. Did I really have to spend 3000 for a course to take this test?
edit on 28-7-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
While I am all for looking into some more positive ares of focus for 2012, and Myers Briggs personality tests are interesting (I have varied from INFP to ENFP for years) in all honest I think that Indigo Children are as made up as Unicorns and for a time were marketed to parents whose kids had actual learning and/or socialization difficulties so that instead of seeking help to make their kids lives easier, they just decided that their kid was special.

I also can't quite believe this is currently the top thread.

I know not all of us are in the U.S. but, uhm, debt ceiling people? Have you at least contacted your representatives?

To the OP: even though I don't buy into your theory I still appreciate your looking on the bright side and collecting a lot of information.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

no! not mood! Mood is: sad, happy, angry and of course they change everyday and many times everyday for some people.

But, This is me and maybe I am insane but before I was more sociable, I had more friends, I was more positive about the world, I was less critical (trait I am trying to improve everyday not to be!) etc etc... this is part of my personality and I have changed depending on my experiences. I hace changed the way I see things because of my experiences...so this is not personality?
being more introvertive now is not a change? ummm I still think people change.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Yes, the whole world is full of this type of stuff. Instead of learning Shakespeare, we are supposed to learn Briggs-Meyer tests. That is how low the level of real education has gone. These things can be fun additions, but it should not be the basis for good decision making. The world has gone crazy with "metrics" because thats how they think they can gauge progress. It's just more stuff the business world thinks it needs to replace real customer service by being the best.

Where do they teach Meyers-Briggs at all? Certainly not in high school? Do you mean in college? If so, I've only encountered these tests in psychology classes, never literature classes. That would be very bizarre. I really don't know what you mean. Also I believe Jung's reasons for creating/divining the archetypes were spiritual/psychological and had nothing whatsoever to do with customer service.

I meant they have you take the test as part of the class. Sorry, my mistake. But it's obviously part of the curriculum. But someone else said they do it at work too. I just feel that while we can use these things to understand differences between people, it is not a replacement for true education as it was in former centuries. I guess what really bothers me is that so much is trivial. Did I really have to spend 3000 for a course to take this test?

Yes, I've had this test brought up in 3 or 4 psychology classes (but I think it is very relevant!) and if I'm not mistaken, one business class. Learning about these tests does not take away from any other kind of knowledge. I still had to take literature and (Universe help me) statistics, etc.

Businesses have started to appropriate these tests. This can be good or bad. Obviously, hiring decisions should not be made entirely on the results of one test like this. But it could certainly help employees understand each other a little better.

You don't need to spend any money to take the test. There are multiple free tests online and you can get any number of books on the subject from the library.

I don't believe these tests are trivial. Many psychologists use them in their practices.

RE: Your edit. Of course I know what metrics are. I am a graduate student.
edit on 7/28/2011 by Universer because: Metrics

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Yes, I've had this test brought up in 3 or 4 psychology classes (but I think it is very relevant!) and if I'm not mistaken, one business class. Learning about these tests does not take away from any other kind of knowledge. I still had to take literature and (Universe help me) statistics, etc.

Businesses have started to appropriate these tests. This can be good or bad. Obviously, hiring decisions should not be made entirely on the results of one test like this. But it could certainly help employees understand each other a little better.

You don't need to spend any money to take the test. There are multiple free tests online and you can get any number of books on the subject from the library.

I don't believe these tests are trivial. Many psychologists use them in their practices.

I know its a free test. I spent money on a course that focused on it. What part of that don't you get? And I merely said it's not adequate to have this type of curriculum when schools are not teaching good literature. Why must you turn every post of mine into something you have to object to? Do you really want to hear what I think of the psychiatric profession these days, with them drugging 6 year olds because they have too much energy to sit still?Oh yah and I should spend 250 bucks a session to have a psychiatrist give me one of those free tests? lol you are too much.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
of example

There is this calligraphy test where it says who you are by how you read... and it is a bit like this kind of test

it is proven that in no way this is possible because as you can see, your calligraphy changes slightly... specially when you havent written in a long time... lets say because you went on holidays for work. It had happened to me.

They actually use (please laugh out loud) this test for when they do job interviews in company in order to tell if you have any criminal traits. !!!!!!!!! IN THE UK!
ha
this is mad!!

QI is a very educational show

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I don't get the part where you are forced to spend 3000 on said course. You didn't explain that (or even that you actually did take said course.. you just seemed to ask why you would need to.)

No need to be hostile.

RE: Your edit (again). I am studying psychology not psychiatry. I do not agree with using drugs except in maybe 5% of cases, if that. I am very much against 99% of psychiatric drugs. Psychiatrists don't use these personality tests. I would not suggest anyone see a psychiatrist unless they have a serious mental disorder that is based at least in part on physiology, such as schizophrenia.

OK, you just keep re-editing to make it ruder. I really don't know what I did to make you so angry. I thought we were having a conversation.
edit on 7/28/2011 by Universer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

Very interesting read. My daughter is considered and Indigo child. She was born on the hour and minute 11:11 and she is rather intelligent at just 3. Indigo children are born wise therefore wisdom that others must seek in a lifetime they already possess and are not aware, therefore they must be treated with the outmost respect, care and love, to ensure that they are always on the right path.
edit on 28-7-2011 by TheTruthCqer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl

It's a movie quote for cryin out loud....

Of course it is.

And here's another one: "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I just have a couple of questions I wanted to ask you.

1. Are you able to think in a three dimensional manner?

2. Can you disconnect yourself and look at society in a complete non-biased non-assuming way that allows
you to see how it is precisely constructed and point out small things that others would not even comprehend ex. a street between rows of housing and realizing something as minute as that creates a disconnect between neighbors?

3. When you are talking about people in general do you tend to use the word humans more so than people?

I am curious about your response.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Jesus Christ was an Indigo, or at least should have been acknowledged as one in today's terms.

Anyone who thinks this is wrong, has been fooled by old-testament quoting charlatans.

The real jesus loved everybody, but hated "elitists" who thought "my power" makes me right regardless of fairness.

I have the same powers as witches, they represent the feminine divine. I am/was a witch, but I do it jesus style. he gave up everything for others, never asked for anything more than basic sustenance, food/water, social-norm kindness from others.

Jesus was God's Witch. God's child.

I am Jesus's little brother/witch, for god. And any Indigo should not be ashamed of jesus, the real jesus, not the scary church jesus, but the compassionate hippy jesus as he was shown to be in the new testament.

Love everybody, accept Everybody, nobody is wrong, as long as we always show love, mercy, and kindess first and foremost. so mote it be, amen!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruthCqer

Very interesting read. My daughter is considered and Indigo child. She was born on the hour and minute 11:11 and she is rather intelligent at just 3. Indigo children are born wise therefore wisdom that others must seek in a lifetime they already possess and are not aware, therefore they must be treated with the outmost respect, care and love,

Considered by who? Indigo is new age nonsense. Guess what, everyone thinks there 3 year old is the most gifted child around. Wisdom is gained by learning from your experiences over your lifetime. One is not born with it.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I just want to go ahead and say that I registered an account with this website, went so far out of my way just to let the world know that the person who posted this thread is the biggest, most un-educated, just entirely un-impressive douche i have ever heard of. I think I literally lost intelligence by reading that thread, I honestly can't even believe that I read the whole thing. I mean what little portion of the thread made sense, well hardly made sense, was stupid. period. and the spelling, I mean come on dude, you must have graduated from some # hole school somewhere that taught you to spell better than that. All I have to say is I lost a little more hope in humanity as a whole after reading that load of crap.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I don't get the part where you are forced to spend 3000 on said course. You didn't explain that (or even that you actually did take said course.. you just seemed to ask why you would need to.)

No need to be hostile.

RE: Your edit (again). I am studying psychology not psychiatry. I do not agree with using drugs except in maybe 5% of cases, if that. I am very much against 99% of psychiatric drugs. Psychiatrists don't use these personality tests. I would not suggest anyone see a psychiatrist unless they have a serious mental disorder that is based at least in part on physiology, such as schizophrenia.

OK, you just keep re-editing to make it ruder. I really don't know what I did to make you so angry. I thought we were having a conversation.

Well that explains your defense of it and all its practices. How many are getting well from it? Yes, I am fully aware of DSM-IV Diagnostic manual, and I don't need a pych major to lecture me on schizophrenia. You just told me that they use these tests in psychiatric offices. Now you are saying they dont. Which is it?
I am not even going to go back into the silly argument over my spending money on a course in Business Mgmt only to focus on a free test. You clearly are making a bigger deal out of it than I am. And no you are the rude one here. I edited my first post after I saw people were critising the OP.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

You are wrong. Everything that can happen is always happening, one can be born wise. just like one can be born in any condition, that one can describe.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

No need to be hostile.

Well that explains your defense of it and all its practices. How many are getting well from it? Yes, I am fully aware of DSM-IV Diagnostic manual, and I don't need a pych major to lecture me on schizophrenia. You just told me that they use these tests in psychiatric offices. Now you are saying they dont. Which is it?
I am not even going to go back into the silly argument over my spending money on a course in Business Mgmt only to focus on a free test. You clearly are making a bigger deal out of it than I am. And no you are the rude one here. I edited my first post after I saw people were critising the OP.

Again, I am studying PSYCHOLOGY not psychiatry. Please point out where I defended psychiatry. Quite the opposite. This test is used in PSYCHOLOGY.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruthCqer

Very interesting read. My daughter is considered and Indigo child. She was born on the hour and minute 11:11 and she is rather intelligent at just 3. Indigo children are born wise therefore wisdom that others must seek in a lifetime they already possess and are not aware, therefore they must be treated with the outmost respect, care and love, to ensure that they are always on the right path.
edit on 28-7-2011 by TheTruthCqer because: (no reason given)
Shouldn't every child be treated like that??

edit on 28-7-2011 by Balkan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

Of course.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

No need to be hostile.

Again, I am studying PSYCHOLOGY not psychiatry. Please point out where I defended psychiatry. Quite the opposite. This test is used in PSYCHOLOGY.

Oh, please excuse me. Psychology and Psychiatry are related fields. In any case, you and I are clearly not on the same page, so maybe it's best to leave it at that.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join