It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence found for unseen comet that may threaten Earth

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaruchHabaBshemAdonai

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by no time

Damn they just wanna make EVERYTHING a threat these days huh?

Home Grown Terrorists
Right Wing Extremists
Islamic Extremists
Christian Extremists
Unseen Comets

What's next?

edit on 27-7-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

I know, next thing might be "Beware of your own shadow".

I'm already watching out for that dude. He follows me everywhere I go and does what I do, kinda like he's tryna learn to BE me so that he can kill me and REPLACE me!!!

IMA KILL MY SHADOW!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
From the OP's link:

The tiny meteoroids that streaked through Earth's atmosphere for a few hours on Feb. 4 represent a previously unknown meteor shower, researchers said. The "shooting stars" arrived from the direction of the star Eta Draconis, so the shower is called the February Eta Draconids, or FEDs for short.

Did anyone else catch that ?

A potential threat to the planet is called... FEDs

... that is freaking hilarious !!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

That is the smartest thing I've ever heard anyone say about anything. I think they made that up to put salt on the wounds. Not only will the FED hit us financially but astrologically as well... b1tches

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

Judging by the sheer size and consistent level of detail across the listings, I would say Space Radar exists....

www.rawstory.com...

Of course, when we're dealing with a "sky" so deep and large that a 10th of a degree difference can miss entire solar systems and galaxies out at distances and I believe our REAL space radar only runs out a short distance beyond the moon... This kind of a list comes from the astronomy version of the tennis show network, where radar sites and eyes manually find and confirm......and too often entirely miss major things.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
I have a question why don't we have a planetary defence system for comets meteors alien invasion? I mean ronald regans star wars program, couldn't that be used for anything that poses a threat to earth? we have all those nukes everywhere put them to some good use

How many times do you want to be bankrupt, or are you prepared to live in a police/slavery state to pay for it all??

I think it is a good idea. The only reason it would bankrupt us is because we live in a debt based money world. Imagine if our governments could just dedicate the resources they wanted to a program like this or others that would benefit mankind. We have the manpower, the knowledge, the resources, and in many cases the will, we just don't have an economic system that would allow us to do it. Adopting an economic system that will allow this type of program will be a sign that we are entering the next evolution of human consciousness. A comet or meteor likely almost ended life on this planet at least once, so it would make sense to have a plan to deal with them.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Very Well put. Although I see a project of this scale to be a rather simple matter of demanding contribution from every nation on the planet. It's built for everyone, not any one nation, and if EVERYONE pays for it than the group directly controlling it ought to be represented by different nations as well. No serious weapons worries if no single or even 2-3 nations could directly control this without being shut down by others.

So..... Bill the world for it...Build it for ONLY Planetary defense with the safeguards above PLUS a failsafe to prevent it from psychically operating if oriented toward Earth below. Sounds good to me too?

You're right about something else. We KNOW with absolute certainty that life has nearly been obliterated from Earth before from these....We have every reason to expect this will happen again. We watched Jupiter take one right in the chops that would have (I believe) ended every advanced form of life on our planets surface......and if it had been us and not Jupiter? All we could have done about it is sit here, look stupid and smile as it came.

When the nation's military forces will dramatically expand forces, mass forces on borders or even cross into outright attack over a fantasy concept like money, and they do it on a frequent basis all through history, you would think a REAL threat that can kill us all would at least warrant some effort. We've had the tech to accomplish this for probably 25yrs or more now.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join