It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Classified report: Russia tied to blast at U.S. embassy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Classified report: Russia tied to blast at U.S. embassy

m.washingtontimes.com

U.S. intelligence agencies concluded in a classified report late last year that Russia’s military intelligence was responsible for a bomb blast that occurred at an exterior wall of the U.S. Embassy in Tbilisi, Georgia, in September.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
So since this wad a direct attack against US soil (as all embassies are) I suppose we'll be adding Russia to the list of GWOT enemies, right?
That was a rhetorical question for the sarcasm-impaired.

It's funny what governments would like to bury and forget. May be given the geostrategic climate simply forgetting is the best thing. Or maybe not. Either way, it's a discussion that should be had.

m.washingtontimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Aren't these the same agencies that told us about the WMD's in Iraq, shuttled the Bin Laden family out of the country after 9/11, guard the opium fields in Afghanistan, sent 1000's of guns south of the border to make it easier to take our guns away, lies to us continuously about the economy, killed Osama again, 10 years after he died, (I could go on....)

If anything, Russia could make a strong case for the US encouraging and starting that mess in Georgia!

Yeah, I'm going to trust our intelligence agencies on this one.

edit on 27-7-2011 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I wonder how involved they were? Did they plan and conduct the entire thing? Or did they just supply the manpower to get it done.

If they were completely responsible it could be a big deal. Although America would never do anything about it. We don't attack nations with real militaries, however FUBAR Russia's is at this point in time.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Who really cares about a has-been super-power and a soon-to-be-bankrupt superpower squabbling over one of the nastiest little areas of the world - if the word "balkanised" hadn't already been coined then "caucused" might have had to be!!

chest puffing quests for former glory is all it is - failure to face the reality of the 21st Century.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Oh, boy! Not only do we continue to have this unending world war on terror, now we get to go back ro the Cold War and heat it up, too?

I love Reagan's and GHWB's plans that would give us a peace dividend!!

How's that working out for us?

Like my 1SG told me, years ago, and he didn't need to tell me, these peace things that are happening, will only lead to more troubles and strife and more military actions worldwide, with the U.S. bearing the brunt of the costs and being the cause of it all...............

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Are you writing about the U.S. of A.?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Who really cares about a has-been super-power and a soon-to-be-bankrupt superpower squabbling over one of the nastiest little areas of the world - if the word "balkanised" hadn't already been coined then "caucused" might have had to be!!

A lot of people care seeing as these 2 countries hold enough nuclear weapons to destroy the world hundreds of times over.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Who really cares about a has-been super-power and a soon-to-be-bankrupt superpower squabbling over one of the nastiest little areas of the world - if the word "balkanised" hadn't already been coined then "caucused" might have had to be!!.

I'm sure your right and there is nothing to worry about. I mean, the fact that that area is one of the main central nerves for natural gas transport into Europe means nothing, after all it's just a "backwater," and as long as this gives us a platform to declare the US is a "has-been," who cares if there are major oil and gas disruptions and price spikes throughout Europe if a shooting war of any sort breaks out in this sensitive region.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a3edbde293a9.gif[/atsimg]

edit on 7/27/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I would say this is propaganda to create conflict between the US and Russia in order to revoke the Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (START). This is the same reason George Bush and John McCain both pushed for action in Georgia. By the way Blackwater was all over that conflict. It all had to do with George Bush wanting mini nukes to blow up terrorist around the world. And when you look through some of the leaks from wikileaks and the congressional papers leaked you will find George Bush brought up a new nuclear program almost every month and was told no by Congress his whole term.

www.economist.com...

So why are Mr Bush's military planners now pressing Congress to lift its decade-long ban on research into low-yield nuclear weapons, or “mini-nukes”?

edit on 28-7-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join