It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question on all conspiracys on this site...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
So after seeing many conspiracy's I would like to comment on and then seeing that they have 100, 200, or 300+ left me with the question if in any of them the truth was found out to be true or false busted or not and then started all over again because of someone who was not smart enough to jump to the last page of the discussion.

Also if there are any conspiracy's proven to be false or true. Shouldn't there be a section called Truth or something where these conspiracy go and the original threads locked.

Just saying it would be a plus at least for me and it would be time saving for other poster so they my put there time and energy into other things and be a contribution to the site.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by reptiliannogmar

I like the idea of a "truth" section - assuming we don't have one - to be honest I tend to stick to new topics and the few forums I subscribed to - so I didn't hunt to see if one existed

I did answer your question in the 8-3-11 thread though ♥

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Here's the deal. You're asking about two different things. Conspiracy "theory" and conspiracy fact. Throughout my short time on this planet, I've learned that yesterday's conspiracy theory, is today's common knowledge. I hate to give Wikipedia as a source but you can take info from there and verify it through other means. Just simply search "list of conspiracy theories proven true" or something of that sort. It's an exhaustive read.
Generally, when a theory is presented, people splinter off in several ways. Some violently argue for it and immediately accept it as fact. Others question it and present their view. The most intelligent and well educated will sort out the facts and possibilities and every individual can file it back in their mind as 1) Absolutely true. 2) Likely true. 3) Maybe True. 4) Maybe false. 5) Likely false. 6) Absolutely false. Generally those that buy into a theory keep it alive until disclosure by the government which is really the only way to know for sure that they were up to something. Replace "government" with "corporation," "person," etc. No matter what anyone claims, search that list and you'll see some verified and proven conspiracies.

ETA: Oh man was I off topic lol. I completely misread what you were saying. Yeah, that's a great idea but what constitutes proof to some, doesn't cut it for others. For many on here, if someone simply posts something or there's a video, it's completely factual and true. Then there are people like me that always question everything. I even argue against my own beliefs in order to challenge myself or another person. For me, that would never suffice. For others, they would flood that section with such garbage...
edit on 27-7-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: veered off topic

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I think the jury is still out on all of them...

Unless they end up Here

Even then, the jury is still sometimes out.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
There could be a couple mods that could filter the conspiracy theory section and determine which ones are actually viable and worthy to put up to debate that should go into a "Truth?" section.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I can start the ball rolling here.

The Earth is not flat was at first a Conspiracy and was denied by the Intellectual Elite.
Now it is a fact the Earth is not flat.

Another Conspiracy is that Bill Clinton was doing strange things with Cigars and a young Aid. Now a fact.

Not a bad idea though.
edit on 7/27/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by reptiliannogmar[

This was not a conspiracy thread, but an ESP experiment.

The guessing quickly deteriorated into a game of twenty questions and was narrowed down to the selected item in about an hour. But the psychic questing continued for another 34 hours.

new topics

top topics

join