It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

XCOM.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Did anyone play the originals? (I never did)
I'm just reading a review of it and it sounds very interesting.
Warring with aliens and "possibly" being able to take their weapons/bodies for research to make better weaopons for your team sounds very promising.

It almost looks like "Destroy all humans" but from the human side.

Apparently it's still a year off release, but I think i'll be waiting for this one.

So fans of the originals, are these games as good as they sound?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
X-Com, aaahh, one of the greatest memories from my old days...
I've played all of them (X-com: Ufo Invasion / Terror from the deep / Apocalypse (yay!) and several "clones")
Still one year from release?? What are you talking abuot

Unless they are making new editions...

Anyway, get them, all of them, and lots of chips and beer, and a basement, and tell everyone not to bother for a few weeks...

edit on 27/7/2011 by drakus because: damn cloned clowns...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
i read many good things about it and downloaded the ufo one, but soon found out it was a bit to complicated
edit on 27-7-2011 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by drakus

A quote from my "360" magazine.

"the satisfaction of knowing wether new XCOM will flick the same rusty switches can only come from playing a game thats nearly a year off completetion".

Thats what i'm talking about.

But they are good games though? I won't get the originals because my PC probly won't run them. But i'm definatly considering this one.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

I used to play X-COM Apocalypse a lot..I don't know how but I managed to complete it eventually.

More arse than class though, I went through to the alien world for the final assault completely unprepared.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
reply to post by drakus

A quote from my "360" magazine.

"the satisfaction of knowing wether new XCOM will flick the same rusty switches can only come from playing a game thats nearly a year off completetion".

Thats what i'm talking about.

But they are good games though? I won't get the originals because my PC probly won't run them. But i'm definatly considering this one.

Great then! More x-com coolness.
They're REALLY adictive.
Why you say that your pc won't run them???
There are both DOS and WINXP versions of the three of them, OR, you could use DOS-Box ftw.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
It's a family PC and ever since we got Vista, the only games I can play on it are online point and click/arcade games.

It's just a terrible PC for gaming.
It won't even run steam.

But this title does intrigue me, what with the (possible) alien autopsies and collecting their hardware.
In the review it say's they're unsure wether the autopsies will be in or not.

new topics

top topics

join