It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OCD - how to know?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by flex123

I work with children of 8 with O.C.D.. and its not just compensating for life's experiences. It's a compulsion and an uncontrollable need to alleviate anxieties which are controlled by the act of DOING their obsession. A boy of 10 will read 8 specific books during the day to help rid his stress of being in school. After reading these books he will recite them all day and if your try to interupt him to do a task or school work, his anxiety will become aggressive and even though he is a high learner, he cannot get past the function of reading or reciting these books. It's a ritual and he cannot break it. So my question is... At 8 how did he learn or what brain function made his actions compelled to do this? You see it's not just an adult disability, it also stems from childhood

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Well I absolutely had to read this thread and respond to it with inane drivel that someone may or may not have, already, in some minute way, expressed within it, even if it contributed nothing to the discussion.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
It is when you essentially are unaware of your actions, yet after you have perfomed them are followed by a sense of unease.

I often experience that, basically "is there something I missed" and also the paranoia of not realising how others perceive me, and also being afraid of subconscious actions or behaviours that appear to others in opposition to my inner intents.

At my most paranoid, I suspect that sometimes I have made people upset for reasons I am unaware, or that everyone else is some kind of special case, and although I can exist indifferently, I have to make sure that everything I do is "perfect" so I do not upset thier applecart - if you haven't noticed, it is becoming increacingly difficult to "know" how you appear to others, as perception appears to be compartmentalising itself.
edit on 28-7-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

Interesting post!

Would you care to speak more on this compartmentalizing of perception.

This is the first time I have run across this concept. Sounds as if it could be a good topic for a new thread.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
It's neurotic perfectionism. The "tics", the obvious "OCD" symptoms, are only the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Skylonda

When we see things in pure form, reality is perfectly physical, there is no character, everyones faces look the same, objects appear bland and colourless. When we are biased in our perception, if you can imagine the visual field and the perceptual field as intertwined, one could call it the subjective mind, when the subjective mind is skewed, it only sees in a specific "bandwidth" of perceptual "colours" - for example, when you love something, even if ugly to most, will appear as beautiful to your eyes - and in the same manner, when millions of individuals train thier minds into specific zones - for example - "how do I look" then what they see is tuned to what they want to perceive - so that, when our brains are trained into specific perceptual "zones" or compartments - "left eye" or "right eye" for example, we see a different aspect of perceptual reality.

For example, I am not a self-conscious person, so, when I look at other people, they all appear the same unless I look at them in the eyes - however, self conscious people see a far more detailed and complex picture of each person, and often I do not realise or am blind to all the "auras" that people can be seen with - i.e. when I am in a sad mood, I appear as a cloud of darkness to the eyes of most people, however when I see a sad person I can only sense it internally.

What is occuring, is the "eye" or "ego" or "I am" world is taking precedence over our "real eyes" and it is giving a specific "tone" to reality - especially as many are being trained to perceive in specific patterns by the television.

As frightening as this is, I fear that many actually see through the eyes of the dead, they see the "astral world" or partially the "afterlife" as many are spiritually "dead" - that is, their astral bodies have lost the spark of life, and they are essentially zombies or undead connected to what appears to be a computer brain system, with a bio-etheric "money" system, akin to parasitic beings, most of the energy seems to be from the "pyramid system" of money, channeled, most likely, through desires and emotions of children who are connected to the matrix.
edit on 30-7-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join