It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never Anymore Periods!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I am a man, but I strongly stand against the use of birth control medicines. Sure, it may stop unwanted pregnancies but so does not having sex or using condoms. Sure, it may help regulate 'normal' cycles, but we are each different, who's to say there is one universal norm?

Side-effects, hormone toxicity, cancer rate increases.... no thanks.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Ovarian cancer runs in my wife's family. Birth control pills have been shown to reduce the risk significantly. If not for that I would encorage her to stop taking them. She normally gets nothing in the week off.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I had the depo injection 1x many years ago. They told me I would not have any periods. I bled like a pig (sorry). It was so bad. I gained weight, became anemic, AND got pregnant anyway. That was child number 5. And he was born with "something" going on.

Before that, I was put on the pill. Highly allergic to "the pill". I went numb from the waist down. My fingers tingled. No more of that!

I then got my tubes tied after child number 5. I did not want any more children and BC was not working well for me. I had SO many issues after having that procedure done. And guess what? Yep, pregnant with child number 6.

I had abalation done a couple years ago. FINALLY no more periods. It's been great. For the first time in many years I finally feel "normal".

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Studies have proven that hormones lower breast cancer. Having more periods actually raises it. Until recent medical interventions, women would of been pregnant quite frequently do to lower health standards and higher infant mortality. With birth control, women can choose to be pregnant only once or twice.
Fact is, the female body was designed to handle hormones.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Wow! I never ever thought you were a female, aeons.

You learn something new everyday!

I took the pill for a while - did a project where periods would not be welcome in the far east. Was living rough in forest environment.

Prior to deployment doctor advised the pill without any monthly break for the breakthrough bleed. so I went for six months, straight through.

It did not feel natural!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewlip

If you get your period constantly it is because your estrogen dominant. Which has become quite a problem for women because of how much is put in milk, cows and the environment. Depo is a shot of progesterone, which your body raises to stop your periods. You had more estrogen then you had progesterone, simply put, and your period couldn't be stopped.
If it goes on more then two weeks, you go to your gyn, who will give you a five day pack of hormones that resets you.

The depo could of convinced your body to not make its own progesterone. And btw, depo is good for six months, you get it every 3 months(just in case) So it is not unusual for you to not get your cycle for a year.
You have told your body it was pregnant, you had no reason to ovulate.

I have been doing the natural method for years, my period still went wacky. pcos happens to a lot of women and can happen anytime.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
In any instances where unbiased research is conducted, increased or unnaturally occurring hormones dis-ease our bodies. Big pharma has one heck of a bank account and political ties to boot. Remember when scientists, doctors, and researchers said smoking cigarettes posed no health threats?

You all are free to believe these experts, but I'm sure in some years or decades later they'll reverse their stance of safety.... like studies have never said things were ok, then later say it's dangerous?
Pay offs, profit making at the expense of others, and depopulation agenda... I'm not paranoid, the rich and powerful public elite have said so over and over again.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Thank you all for your input and sharing your personal experiences.

I hope one day the pharmaceutical world will grow up and behave more responsible, because this is also a nice plot to sell another weeks supply of pills for 52 weeks a year in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by stellify
reply to post by Aeons

Wow! I never ever thought you were a female, aeons.

You learn something new everyday!

Hourglass figure, 5'4", big boobs, long wavy red-brown hair, with a white streak at each temple. Three kids. Married for a decade to a very nice tall green eyed brown haired country boy.

edit on 2011/7/29 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join