It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea demands peace treaty with US

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

ya ok, what do you think sparked hitler to try to take over the world?

1936 olympics! when jesse owens kicked their butts.

could you see NK loosing all the gold to SK?

besides, the US has no say in who gets the olympics.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Not all countries host and welcome terrorism. Its the countries that cannot be trusted that we worry about, and I am completely fine with that. These organizations who want nothing to do but destroy the west have (in some countries) very high standing with the government in those respective countries.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by icepack

We have paid them off over and over again. Nothing changes. It's a trick to get money from us.

Yep - that's pretty much the modus operandi of NK

They are after food, fuel and money - like everyone else in the world.

Only they don't want to get it honestly.

Hang on....that's like mostly everyone else in the world too.....OK - they aren't PREPARED to get it honestly - I'm pretty sure most people in the world are prepared to get it honestly if they can

But not NK - not if it means KJI has to be less than a god and pay for his scotch himself!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I don't think even the strongest North Korean can throw a nuke that far, Blaine. You've got more to worry about from Russia (you can see it from your back window, after all!)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
It long over due, how many years and generations has this been going on for? Too many. But can the US get of its war monger mentality? Hope so.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
North Korea wants what?
Is this Bizarro World?
Do we start speaking backwards now?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I kind of laugh every time I read about NK making any kind of demands. Their cities sit in total darkness every night, the people are starving and cooking tree bark, and Kim Jong has time and time again tried to play this fictitious nuclear card, when I severely doubt they have the resources to sustain their own troops in an actual war, much less launch missiles.

I get the impression that the attacks on the South's ships awhile back, were desperate scare tactics to try and give everyone the impression that NK is ready to go to war, when in reality they probably spent their last penny on that effort. The North seems to be all about the bluff.

What will happen if war breaks out again and the US is there, armed and ready? The Northern soldiers will likely drop their weapons and line up, ready for surrender, because they will be starving and can expect better meals as prisoners of war, better than they ever had as soldiers for the North.

When cannibalism becomes an option for the North, can you expect Kim or his son to really keep hold of their people? All the US or the South Koreans have to do is drop en masse loads of flyers describing the hot meals and warm beds all surrendering Northerners will be given and it's GG.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

I don't think even the strongest North Korean can throw a nuke that far, Blaine. You've got more to worry about from Russia (you can see it from your back window, after all!)

Nice Palin reference, haha.

It makes me cringe to think that woman has ever had any political leverage. She's braindead.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
... The U.S. signed the armistice agreement, if I remember correctly. We are not at war with them. South Korea still is, however. We are simply allies with South Korea and stationed there to protect them in the event of aggression.

Paper isn't going to solve this one. North Korea is going to have to figure out that isolation only leads to insanity and start communicating with the rest of the world like we are all relatively human - or monkeys capable of human speech and attempting reason.

No treaty is going to fix the issue on the Korean peninsula. It will take real change on the part of North Korea. South Korea is fine - you can walk around there as part of any nationality and be treated rather equally under the "foreigner" label (you never get treated the same as a local when you are a foreigner - the good and the bad end of things... people tend to be more helpful when you look hopelessly lost and 'not from around here' - but there are some places that refuse service to "round eye" ). They get how this whole "world" thing works, for the most part.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourignoranceisbliss

Nice Palin reference, haha.

It makes me cringe to think that woman has ever had any political leverage. She's braindead.

muhahahaha!

it took me a minute to figure out what you guys were talking about.

what you were laughing at, was the tina fey skit!

now i get it!

NK military would last 2 weeks in a big war.

they will not use nukes on anyone.

too close to china and russia for retaliation.

china would have to do the dirty work on them.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I vote aim for a peace treaty.

Open the borders, get trade and travel going in between nations.

Seek reform in all nations parties, not just North Korea's.
But North Korea needs to take a lead here and show the world they really want peace and cooperation.
All sides should make concessions and seed good-will.

This can go a long long way to relieving tensions in the quasi-war zone that has become of the Korean peninsula.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I vote aim for a peace treaty.

Open the borders, get trade and travel going in between nations.

Seek reform in all nations parties, not just North Korea's.
But North Korea needs to take a lead here and show the world they really want peace and cooperation.
All sides should make concessions and seed good-will.

This can go a long long way to relieving tensions in the quasi-war zone that has become of the Korean peninsula.

Exactly, in addition to that on a strictly humanitarian level , the North Koreans need help... famine is rampant and people were being told by the government to eat grass at one point. Lil kim would need to establish some sort of democracy and get rid of the state run media , and let his people see how things are in the rest of the world. Those would be non negotiable terms in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Lil kim would need to establish some sort of democracy and get rid of the state run media , and let his people see how things are in the rest of the world. Those would be non negotiable terms in my opinion.

I am not sure how the democracy point will go. It has quite a strong dictatorship and it can be a big culture shock to introduce too much political change too quickly. And is the two party system really much better than the single party system? There may be some room for negotiations and explorations on improvements to the political process.

The state run media will be staying, but I can see the introduction of other media sources to provide a global view happening. With peace there will be some relaxation of visa's, trade and other exchanges.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Oh......i was expecting things to go completely the other way.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
"NUCLEA WAOU FIRE AND DOOM>:O.. Oh btw, we demand a peace treaty!!"

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
i forsee this happening, and i forsee the only reasoning for it to happen is the US will demand to have bases in North Korea, this will mean no war...

other posters have suggested for peace, or to gain somthing, the US and all its allies want land... in Asia, as deep as they can get the better, this would be the only reason for a "peace treaty" to go through...

Just my thoughts.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GonzoSinister
i forsee this happening, and i forsee the only reasoning for it to happen is the US will demand to have bases in North Korea.

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

North Korea is set to test-launch its most advanced missile, one capable of delivering a nuclear payload to Alaska -- a threat not felt by the U.S. since the end of the Cold War.

Defense Secretary Robert Gates, who is in the Philippines Monday discussing the region's military and security issues, said Pyongyang appears to be preparing to launch an intercontinental ballistic missile -- or ICBM -- a projectile with a range of more than 4,000 miles.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Source

Old news I think most who follow NK know about. That article is from 2009 and I think they are a level beyond that now.

We can even read up here, imagine that. More homes have the Internet than the Lower 48 States and yes we have Universities!!!! OH, and you'll never guess this one; We have paved roads, the latest innovation in travel

Russia, why would we worry about Russia. Nice people and we get lots of visitors from there. The problem tourists come from the Northeastern US. I think it's living in sardine cans and separate from nature that makes them so angry and rude. Who knows. We have specially trained Bears to deal with them however.

You see one of the reasons the NK people are starving is the money goes into Nukes and Missiles. All the rage these days.
Every psychopathic Dictator / God should have many.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

If you think that is a double standard, consider this.
What western European nation could announce a nuclear arms program and be threatened with invasion?
Would we bomb Italy or Switzerland or Andorra?
What middle eastern county, other than Israel, would we not threaten with war to prevent it's even coming close?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

They could have gently asked South Korea to let the North share in the glory. I may be fuzzy in my recollection but I think the US is why it didn't happen.

Why does our Gov have to have it's fingers in every other nations pie? Leave them alone and let them live their lives as they see fit.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join