It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DaMod's Stove Top Tilapia Fillets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Yes Tilapia... It's a delicious fish and the price is right. How could you go wrong..

Personally this is my favorite way of doing tilapia and is sure to bring a smile to your guest's face.

Before I begin take note this also is a fantastic way of cooking Trout and Bass fillets as well.

This Comes out more of like a steamed fish but it is very good.

Ingredients:

Tilapia Fillets
Salt
Minced Garlic
Lemon Pepper
Black Pepper
Butter (or Spread)
Olive Oil (Status of Virginity doesn't really matter)
1 Lemon (We will use the Juice and Zest)
1 Vidalia Onion (preferably)
White Wine (I use Pinot Grigio)

Preparation:

1. Chop onion into rings.. You will probably not need the entire onion depending on the amount of fish.

2. Zest your Lemon.

Zesting for those that do not know is the process of shaving the outer peel of a fruit, in this case a lemon, with the smallest part of the cheese grater.

3. Chop your lemon in half.

The Process:

First pour two teaspoons of Olive Oil into the bottom of a 10 inch skillet. Then Place your onions on the skillet and apply heat.

Place your tilapia fillets directly on top of the onions. Pour a sparing amount of white wine on top of Fillets and onions. Add a sprinkle of salt, lemon pepper, garlic, black pepper and lemon zest directly on top of your fillets. Take about a teaspoon to a tablespoon (depending on how buttery you want it) of butter a plop it directly on top of the fillets..

Cover and cook on medium heat for about 5 - 8 minutes.

Squeeze lemon juice on your fillets, only use half the lemon.. Top with a sprinkle of black pepper. By this time your Onions should be nice and soft and the fillets should be getting saturated.

Cover and Cook for an additional 5 minutes.

Serve your fillets topped with your Sauteed Onion rings and a splash of lemon juice.

Note: The Fish Fillets will be extremely tender. If presentation is your thing make sure to be extremely careful removing them from the pan as they will literally fall apart.

edit on 27-7-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Nice have to give that one a try... I got one for you

try it this way

and BTW everywhere it says Walleye... think Tilapia instead

Fried Potato Flake Walleye Fillets

4 medium size Walleye fillets cut in pieces
2 cups instant potato flakes
2 eggs
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons parsley flakes
1/3 cup lard
1/3 cup butter
pepper seasoning to taste

Mix eggs, milk and parsley flakes in bowl Season to taste. Pour instant potato flakes into separate bowl. Dip fillets into egg/milk mixture. Dip fillets into potato flakes. Fry in hot pan of melted lard and butter until brown.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Here's how I make my tilapia; It's easy, it's delicious--it's a meal-in-one:

Take 5-7 tilapia fillets and cover the bottom of a rectangular baking dish (cake pan). Take 2 large cans of diced tomatoes and layer over fish. Sprinkle a capful of lemon juice over the fish/tomatoes. Slice about 1lb. - 1 1/2lb of cheese and layer over fish/tomatoes. (I use some Monterey Jack, some Colby, some Sharp). Salt & pepper to taste. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 hrs.
YUM! YUM!

new topics

join