It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Shot While Helping Oakland Homeless

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Family Shot While Helping Oakland Homeless

source

Police said a man and a woman were with their two young children and were visiting Oakland to feed the homeless. Police said the family had just pulled to the side of the road when an unknown suspect pulled up alongside them and began shooting.

Why was this family targeted? We don't know. Maybe we never will. But this case is just one more example of how the world is repaying 'innocence' these days.

I've been thinking about starting a thread on the same subject. The popular opinion and growing trend is to 'attack the innocent'.

You can see it here on ATS threads.

Obviously also in 'real life'...

What a sickening trend. Attack the innocent.

Where are we headed? Where in the hell as a race, the human race, are we headed?

peace

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Police said the woman's injuries were considered minor, but the man suffered a threatening wound and remains in critical condition at an area hospital Wednesday.

Police sources told NBC Bay Area's Jodi Hernandez that the couple's three-year-old child was also shot. That little girl suffered a bullet wound that went through her arm.

Hernandez also spoke to a homeless person in Oakland Wedneday who told her that the victims were well known in the homeless community. He said they often passed out food in East Oakland. Tony Wright said they were handing out fish and chips overnight when the shooting happened.

I just can't wrap my mind around this kind of hate...

I hope I never do understand it either...

peace

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Where are we headed? Where in the hell as a race, the human race, are we headed?

We're not headed anywhere. We're exactly where we've been the entire time. Think of every great atrocity ever committed in the history of mankind. How many people have been killed in wars, how many cultures destroyed by genocide.

That's all us, yo. It's kind of our thing, despite what people would like to think. We're very, very good at killing each other for no reason, and I don't see that changing any time soon.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This certainly angers me to read, but it also drives home a point in which many people need to pay attention to. Inner city streets are not a safe place, especially at night, especially around the homeless, and especially with your children in the car. I am all for doing the right thing by people, and look to help those that are in need in any way that I can. With that said, I am not willing to put my family at danger in the process of doing this. All I had to read was car stopped in Oakland at night, to understand where the article was going. (actually, I guess I knew after reading your title, lol)

In response to your question regarding people taking advantage of the innocent....unfortunately that's life, it always has been. The strong will always take advantage of the weak, it's human nature. Have you ever had a co-worker that acts like a pitbull in the workplace, but as soon as you speak with them outside of work you realize they really are a good person. It's a front, a defense mechanism to assure their kind demeanor is not taken advantage of in their professional life.

There is such thing as good people, the victims in this case are an example of that. Unfortunately good people aren't the majority, and they certainly aren't the one's running this "great" country.
edit on 7/27/2011 by TheRealTruth84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Gang initiation?

I mean, how could these people have made enemies by feeding the homeless? They didn't even get robbed. So someone just shot them, for no reason. Seems like a gang initiation.

Or, maybe these people used feeding the homeless as a cover. Maybe they were actually in the drug business, and their frequent trips to "less desirable" areas would be suspicious, without a cover such as feeding the homeless. I find this extremely unlikely, but from what we know, there really doesn't seem like ANY reason that this would have happened.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

It is Oakland........ you just have to be and you are another possible homicide.
Pretty common knowledge (at least to people that live in California).

I feel bad for these people, but I do not know what you expect in that city. www.neighborhoodscout.com...

new topics

top topics

join