It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Born Teen El Ponchis Sentenced To Three Years In Juvenile Prison For Four Mexico Beheadings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

US Born Teen El Ponchis Sentenced To Three Years In Juvenile Prison For Four MexIco Beheadings

www.nydailynews.com

When asked how he killed them, he admits "I slit their throats."

The stories of "El Ponchis" - considered one of the most jarring symbols in the bloody Mexican drug war - had become near-legend in the country after a YouTube video circulated reportedly showing the teen beating a man with a two-by-four while the man was hanging from the ceiling.

When he was captured by authorities, the teen said that he was kidnapped at age 11 and had been forced to work for the Cartel of The South Pacific
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.time.com
www.huffingtonpost.com
www.globalpost.com
[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2019113/Teenage-gangster-El-Ponchis-14-jailed-Mexico-judge-beheading-people.html]www.dailymail.co.uk[/u rl]
edit on 7/27/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: Mexico in the title

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This child was born in San Diego, allegedly kidnapped at age 11 and forced to work for the Cartel of The South Pacific. He gets caught in Mexico City dumping dead bodies at age 14.

He gets arrested with his 19 year old sister. How do you and you sister both get kidnapped at the same time by the same people? If he was 11 when he was "kidnapped" that would mean his sister was 16.

He and his sister get arrested and he admits to four killings. He admits to slicing their throats and then beheading them. He claims he was drugged and under duress. He gets convicted and sentenced to THREE years!! He will be out of prison when he is 17.

Is Mexico going to deport him to the United States when he gets out?

www.nydailynews.com

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
...hey, doc...
...this is already on here somewhere - read it last night... really sad...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD

Is Mexico going to deport him to the United States when he gets out?

www.nydailynews.com

I wouldn't be surprised if he mysteriously disappears from prison and is out again killing people. Apart from the corruption, the cartels have a strangle hold on authorities, even the few who are not corrupt. It's a lose lose situation down there.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

Kind of hard to hear with the music, but the captions are incorrect.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic Lumen

Kind of hard to hear with the music, but the captions are incorrect.

Can you translate what you can hear?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Just remember folks, this anchor baby will be deported back to the U.S. once he serves his time, and upon returning, he'll qualify for California's "Dream Act". Thank you, Democrats, for destroying the United States.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

The little bit that I could hear, was when he was being asked who he worked for or who he targeted, but he was giving the names of several people, I only saw a bit of the beginning, I'm going to open it on youtube and download it as an mp3 and see if I can tweak some of the music out, might be able to get more out of it.

Ok it was just the beginning, up to the 01 minute and 04 second mark.
This is what I was able to translate

Interrogator: Who do you work for?
Ponchis
it varies??? not sure about this response)
I:Who do you take orders from?
P:uh, the main boss is Abel Maña, and the hitmen's boss is El Negro Julio A(???) from there is el Loco AKA El Chucho, El Pelon, El Jamon AKA El Rejamon [keeps going with names up to the 41 second mark]
I:How much were you paid for each person you killed?
P:$2,000 a head (inaudible) when we were with them we killed innocent people. (more inaudible)
I:And the Galerias [incident]
P:Me, with my entire group, we did that, the Galerias.
01 minute andd 04 seconds the "welcome to your doom" starts.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Majestic Lumen because: To add Translation text.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

So quick to throw in the illegal immigration issue. Perhaps you can direct me to where it says his parents were illegal immigrants.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
Just remember folks, this anchor baby will be deported back to the U.S. once he serves his time, and upon returning, he'll qualify for California's "Dream Act". Thank you, Democrats, for destroying the United States.

...for multiple decades, both parties approved of cia intrusions into mexico (and just about everywhere else on the planet) to make money off of a drug war the usofa created and to further the extremes of institutionalized poverty...

...its common to blame a victim but thats never made it the right thing to do...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
So no mater what you do in Mexico, if you are underage you only get three years

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD
So no mater what you do in Mexico, if you are underage you only get three years

...unless you're educated in mexico criminal law, thats an unrealistic stretch...

...dont forget that in florida (a few years back) they incarcerated a 9yr old boy for participating in the murder of his father and let the pedophile who orchestrated it go free...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
i have no sympathy for the kid he should be spending life in prison.

you tell me what kid doesnt know how morally wrong it is to slit someones throat and the behead them?

once his terms is serve sure enough he will come back here and if he stands true to his character or lack of it

he will do the same thing over agian.

i cant stand this nonsense.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

It is true, in Mexico, Juveniles are released on their 18th Birthday, but some in politics are trying to get that changed, or have been trying. Also due to the Highly religious influence in Mexico, they do not have the Death penalty, but with all the corruption it wouldn't be a good idea to change that, too many innocent people will be convicted and sent to Death,... that is according to a friend of mine, we have discussed the issue of the Death penalty in Mexico, he pointed that out to me, it is far too corrupt. What Mexico needs is a good revolution. I mean, they have vast amounts of resources, and the ability to become a first world nation, but again, due to the corruption which also fuels the cartel's seemingly unbeatable force, it is a very difficult situation.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
you tell me what kid doesnt know how morally wrong it is to slit someones throat and the behead them?

...yeah, well, its real easy to act like you have perfect morals when you're not the one being told "do as we say or we'll do it to you after we do it to your sister and make you watch"...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Thinking about this situation, it really doesn't matter, whether he was forced to do what he did or if he voluntarily did it, the kid now broke the rule, he talked to the cops, he gave them names, he won't be alive for long. The Cartel I am pretty sure, already has a price on his head, and most likely his sisters as well. So those wishing an ill fate on the kid will get their wish more than likely. I mean, those cartels have and will kill for less. And yes, it is also true, most of the recruits are forced into joining. Cartels do recruiting by stopping buses and giving ultimatums to youth on the bus, "join or die" on the spot.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

It is true, in Mexico, Juveniles are released on their 18th Birthday, but some in politics are trying to get that changed, or have been trying.

...its one of those damned if you do, damned if you dont deals...

Also due to the Highly religious influence in Mexico, they do not have the Death penalty

...but only since 2005... the stories surrounding how often the death penalty was authorized and carried out prior to that and since is often a topic of hot debate in certain circles...

...cant agree that religion was an influence in repealing the death penalty - but - i'll concede to religion being used as a political tool for the benefit of institutionalized corruption...

but with all the corruption it wouldn't be a good idea to change that, too many innocent people will be convicted and sent to Death

...but thats happening anyway... its just that executions are kept under wraps - called something else... that happens here too...

What Mexico needs is a good revolution.

...good or bad is perception... the only thing thats the same is that the poor will suffer more than anyone else...

it is a very difficult situation.

...yep and sad - has been for a very long time...

new topics

top topics

join