It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer gets a one, two, three punch by man.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

Three new drugs, VEMURAFENIB,
www.pharmaceutical-networking.com...

YERVOY,
www.webmd.com...

and AROMASIN,
www.breastcancer.org...

have been added to the arsenal against cancer.
For skin cancer, there is VEMURAFENIB. It targets genetic cell mutations, while YERVOY stimulates the immune system. Together they fight skin cancer by increasing survival of melanoma by one third.
Breast cancer can now be fought with AROMASIN. AROMASIN decreases the risk, by 50 percent, of women getting breast CA
And the fight continues, because there is hope.

edit on 27-7-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The cancer disease must be near the end of its life cycle.

Time to find another one, cancer is boring now.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
The cancer disease must be near the end of its life cycle. Time to find another one, cancer is boring now.

"must be near the end of its life cycle. Time to find another one, cancer is boring now"
:
Could you please explain yourself?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I don't think aromasin is that new . My wife took it 3 or 4 years ago...didn't work....they finally put her on abraxane, which destroyed her liver and she died.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Skewed...it's not so boring when you watch your wife die over a period of 5 years and there's nothing you can do to help her!!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracytheoristIAM

Sorry for your loss

My younger sister died from it too.

Hopefully they find something that works soon.....it seems like every week more and more people I know are getting cancer.
Cancer sucks!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracytheoristIAM
I don't think aromasin is that new . My wife took it 3 or 4 years ago...didn't work....they finally put her on abraxane, which destroyed her liver and she died.

I'm very sorry for your loss.
If I may ask, what type of cancer did she die from?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Started off with a severe pain in her right shoulder. After a few trips to our local clinic, where she worked as a medical asst., she was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer that had metastisized to her bones. The cancer then spread to liver....she lasted 5 1/2 years after being diagnosed at 43 years old.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Well, big pharma is at it again. Three new drugs...none of which will cure the cancer...only help fight it. Fight is the word to look at. That means more money for the legal dealers...the longer they keep you alive and sick the more money they'll make.

AROMASIN, nice to know we now have a choice of another drug (there already is one that does the same thing as Aromasin and that is Femera) that will keep us captive and paying...btw..ever wonder why these companies are now offering to pick up the tabs ? No, it's not because the reeeallly care...it's because people with cancer are great lab rats...all these drugs are really still being tested...and if ya die...it's always the cancer...they never will fess up that it could be a reaction to the medication or any other problem that developed.

Thanks for sharing this information...but cancer can be cured with natural substances...but in the medical world it will NEVER be cured, they'll get close....so they will tell ya...you pink Komen women you will be walking for health only...not a cure...it will cost the dealers way too much money to allow a cure.

Cancer, however can be cured and it has been discusses many times on this site and on the net as to how...do a little looking around and you will be surprised what can be done to get healthy again and stay that way.

peace

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracytheoristIAM

Hey man,

Really sorry to hear about your loss!
Was she ever prescribed tamoxifen citrate? Been around for a long time, and I've heard some good stuff about it.

www.cancer.gov...

Never mind, just read your reply post
edit on 27-7-2011 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

Well, big pharma is at it again. Three new drugs...none of which will cure the cancer...only help fight it. Fight is the word to look at. That means more money for the legal dealers...the longer they keep you alive and sick the more money they'll make.

You nailed it.
Like Chris Rock said.... the money's in the medicine, not in the cure.

As long as there are nuclear power plants and weapons testing, cancer will increase exponentially...

(Just imagine all the radiation released into the atmosphere!)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

That video is pretty scary. I watched it about 8 - 12 months ago via a blog. The rate at which testing was occurring was just mind blowing!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
When my gran got cancer in 1974ish they gave her some new drug "the latest thing" -"the best medicine available". She died. When my grandad got cancer about 1990ish they said the same thing to him with the latest available then. He died. When my dad-in-law got cancer he got the latest thing in 1995. He died. When my mum got cancer in 1998 she got the latest brand new "works wonders" new drug. She died. All in extreme agony.

When I get cancer, I'll stick it out without these new drugs till it gets too sore to cope with, then I'll jump off the nearest dock, thus suffering about 30 secs instead of weeks and months.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

The Illumaniti spokes people said their would be cures comming out, so we shall see. I am happy that these treatments are here now for the populace to use. As long as they dont make new issues grow.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracytheoristIAM

Aww f*** dude, I'm sorry to hear that. Really, I am. I don't know how I would cope.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.
Well, big pharma is at it again. Three new drugs...none of which will cure the cancer...

Actually, the article states that it does cure some cancer in some people.
So for some people, there is hope

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

The Illumaniti spokes people said their would be cures comming out, so we shall see. I am happy that these treatments are here now for the populace to use. As long as they dont make new issues grow.

Hopefully, this research will lead to more discoveries.

top topics

join