It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debt Ceiling: Congressional Republicans, Remember The Alamo!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

by Lloyd Marcus
Some will say, “Lloyd, if your purpose is to inspire Republicans to stand strong in the debt ceiling debate, why on earth would you choose the battle at the Alamo which the good guys, the Texans, lost?”

The battle at the Alamo is the birthplace of Texas liberty. Approximately 250 Texans died fighting for their freedom against the 1500 man Mexican army. The Texans held the Mexicans at bay for 12 days before being massacred on the 13th day.

What I find so inspiring about the battle is the Texans knew they were going to die. And yet, they knew the time had come to draw a line in the sand taking a stand for freedom.

With Bill O’Reilly leading the charge, pundits and Washington elites advise Republicans to surrender to Obama’s irresponsible desire to raise the debt ceiling and raise taxes. These smartest guys in the room say, “Obama has the polls and the media on his side. So, why go down in defeat.”

Well I say, the Republicans must not allow fear, skewed polls and an ill-informed public to prevent them from doing what is best for America. The time has come for Republicans to draw a line in the sand; take a stand by fighting the tyranny of out of control, self serving vote manufacturing and insane government spending.

Thank God we have tea party freshmen who are standing on principle and saying “no” to bankrupting the future of generations.

iowntheworld.com...

A letter by Lloyd Marcus. Someone I read whenever I get the chance.

My take on it?

This isn't a "crisis".

A crisis is when an earthquake occurs. A meteor happens.

SOMETHING unexpected.

The debt "crisis"? They knew it was gong to happen. They knew the limit to spending. Thy knew how much they were spending. To call this a "crisis" is akin to being surprised when you get drunk after "spending" 10 shots of tequilla.

Let the panic resume. . . . .

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Yeah let's remember the ammo
i mean.....

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
yeah where are the davy crockets of this country when men stood up to the powers that be.

and who can ever forget crockets famous words " you all can goto hell im going to texas".

my version for the current state of the union " you all can goto hell we/re not raising the debt"

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by saphic

better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
They can cry all they want about "drawing a line in the sand", but come the due-date, they'll fold like they always do. I don't believe for a second that they'll actually go through with it. I'm not the gambling kind, but I bet they'll raise the debt ceiling when the time comes. Nice play-acting though! Seems almost genuine.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

To see this "crisis"get so blown out of poportion, is just incredible.

Imagne if we had our leaders now at the Alamo then.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Not all people are dishonest. Some actually have values that they adhere to.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

the evil person in me goes bwahahaaaaaaa wish they were then they wouldnt be our problem cause hisotry would turn out the same.

but know our leaders as they are they would either cut and run and get on their kness and beg santa anna not to kill them and texas and california would be still mexico er well wait hmmm

truth is we do not have honorable men such as the alamo patriots anymore.

edit on 27-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Maybe the tea party will end up biting itself in its proverbial ass. leading Congressional Democrats are urging President Obama to invoke the 14th Amendment to that beloved Constitution these so called tea partiers like to wrap themselves in. most constitutional scholars feel the President has the power to do what needs to be done to pay America's debts. I hope the Prez does it and puts these loons called the tea party in their place. they deserve no seat at the table let alone a voice until they can comprehend how government truly works. maybe the tea party members can sign up for a few courses in civics, constitutional law and hell, maybe Miss Manners can step in & teach them a few things about adult behavior.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

That may be true, but I guarantee those people are far outnumbered in Washington.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooksLikeWeMadeIt
Maybe the tea party will end up biting itself in its proverbial ass. leading Congressional Democrats are urging President Obama to invoke the 14th Amendment to that beloved Constitution these so called tea partiers like to wrap themselves in. most constitutional scholars feel the President has the power to do what needs to be done to pay America's debts. I hope the Prez does it and puts these loons called the tea party in their place. they deserve no seat at the table let alone a voice until they can comprehend how government truly works. maybe the tea party members can sign up for a few courses in civics, constitutional law and hell, maybe Miss Manners can step in & teach them a few things about adult behavior.

Or maye we can just continue what we're doing and restore America to the people.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions

Originally posted by beezzer

That may be true, but I guarantee those people are far outnumbered in Washington.

I sadly don't have a counter to that. It is true.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
What republicans are doing is far from what the people at the Alamo were fighting for. They were fighting for freedom. Republicans are fighting so their elite friends will actually have to pay taxes. Most of the very rich, don't pay much in taxes due to loopholes. GE actually gets paid 1 billion in tax breaks. Look democrats have agreed to spending cuts already. Why can't republicans agree on tax increases for the very wealthy?

Both parties are equally responsible for our position today. Don't let them fool you to believe otherwise.

At first, I really thought they were just putting on a good show, so that they can "save" the country in a dramatic fashion. But I'm not quite sure. These are the type of bloodthirsty people who wouldn't have much of a problem screwing over the middle and lower classes in this country.

edit on 27-7-2011 by Ghost375 because: "save" the country

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
one more comment for the road ~~ I found ATS maybe hmmmm, 3 months ago. I was getting this feeling that something strange, very bad & dangerous was going on with this world. dark, evil, horriffic, gruesome crimes and actions seemed to be at an all time high. or I was noticing it more. or both. so like every good sheep does I turned to google. I asked Mr Google how he felt about darkness taking over this world I use to enjoy. and was anybody else feeling it. like I said, that's how I found ATS. initially I ended up in the paranormal forums and the grey area I think it's called. many people there talk about the thinning of the veil and demonic, dark entities crossing into our realm. hey I'm an open minded guy. I thought OK that's possible. it sure would explain some things. & now these past few days I'm wondering; do these dark forces I read about it and the tea party have anything in common? are they indeed one in the same? are the weak minded tea party peeps being influenced by the dark forces of this world? hey this is ATS ~~~ anything IS possible. maybe tonight when I say my prayers I'll ask the good Lord to help the tea party peeps. I'll ask him to lead the tea party out of the darkness and free them from the grip of the beast. it sure as hell can't hurt. if the tea party & Boehnor start signing kumbaya tomorrow on the Capitol steps you'll know my prayers worked. ............... peace

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooksLikeWeMadeIt
one more comment for the road

The road is long and you should probably just stay on it. Though by quoting that humanitarian dictator Teddy, I see where you get your views from.

While I don't agree with everything thing the Tea Party says or does, their (our) "beloved Constitution" as you so snarkily said a few posts back, as well as the freedoms it protects, is what is at stake. The debt is nothing compared to freedom and liberty.

As a matter of fact, letting the debt splatter on an immovable ceiling is probably what will lead us on the road to prosperity again. Raising the debt limit lowers our resistance to imprisonment and slavery by our government. Not that the freedom hating Progressives care about silly things like that.

/TOA
edit on 27-7-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Ill drink to that

top topics

join